GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free Ford Focus ST Performance Academy

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
No one buys hatchbacks in Detroit. If they were doing it for a Mustang or Explorer there would be a Detroit event :lol:

I bought my GTI for $3k under MSRP in Detroit because they had half a dozen of them just sitting on the lot and no one cared.

C4L

Banned
No one buys hatchbacks in Detroit. If they were doing it for a Mustang or Explorer there would be a Detroit event :lol:

I bought my GTI for $3k under MSRP in Detroit because they had half a dozen of them just sitting on the lot and no one cared.

No one buys foreign cars in Detroit. Focus/Fiesta/Sonic/etc. hatchbacks do sell quite well. More than their sedan counterparts.

People in Detroit spending GTI money buy Mustangs/Camaros and the like. For the most part. I DO see a lot of GTI's in the 'nicer' areas though...

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, I saw primarily big sedans and big SUV's but I lived out in Farmington Hills. Here in Bloomsburg I see small sedans and big pickups.

I did see more hatchbacks in the urban areas like Royal Oak, Birmingham, Ann Arbor, that sort of thing. Those people seem like they would like the Focus ST perhaps, though the manual transmission is a tough sell to kids these days. That may have been the issue with the GTI's at my dealer, most of them were manual and people can't drive them or don't want to in the metro Detroit rush hour traffic. The dealer also has Audi and an A3 is not much more than a GTI so perhaps that's a factor too.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Did anyone going to the NY event get a confirmation for this thing yet? I remember when we received the original confirmation that it said more details would follow when the event approaches.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR THE
2013 FOCUS ST PERFORMANCE ACADEMY

Get ready for the thrill of a lifetime because you are now registered and ready to drive the all-new 2013 Ford Focus ST! Keep a copy of this email handy for your drive date, time and location. We'll be sure to send you another email just prior to the big event as a last-minute reminder.

RESERVATION NAME: Troy
DATE: Jun, 30 2012
TIME: 2:00 PM

Apparently the 'last minute' reminder will be quite last minute.

SRT2GTI

Banned
No midwest events?...Fuck you Ford :middlefinger:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
In for the SF event at noon who else is going to this event?

Clown Fish

Passed Driver's Ed
It actually looks pretty nice. I'd never buy one but it's good to see they're trying.

How can you forget about the midwest?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if they'll be requiring helmets at something like this?

If so I'll bring my own, but space in the car out there will be at a premium as I'm heading from there right up to vacation for a week so I don't want to bring my helmet bag if it's not needed.

The thought of sharing helmets with people all day in 90+ degree heat is quite disgusting :lol: