GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free Money

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
If it's "free money" why do I have to open an account? What if I just walk up to the teller and ask for $200? If they say no, can I DEMAND the money because of this ad? What could go wrong?!

Off to the bank now, I'll let you know how it goes!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If it's "free money" why do I have to open an account? What if I just walk up to the teller and ask for $200? If they say no, can I DEMAND the money because of this ad? What could go wrong?!

Off to the bank now, I'll let you know how it goes!

You think just like me :) How about the car ads, buy a new car get a free car? It's a 2-year lease worth $200 per month.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
You think just like me :) How about the car ads, buy a new car get a free car? It's a 2-year lease worth $200 per month.
Better yet, I get junk mail adds stating that if I buy a new car today they'll get me lower payments. REALLY!!!! That'd be great! I'd love for someone to pay me money to drive a new car considering I haven't had a car payment for over 10 years!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
This isn't spam.

Years ago I only opened a Chase account just for the free $200.

Now I get coupons all the time in the mail for $300 just for opening an account. The exclusion is that you aren't able to get it if you had an account closed with them within 90 days though. And you need to have a direct deposit every month.
So I'd have to close it....figure out where to stash the cash/paychecks for 3-4 months, and then hope I get a coupon again for the free $300, lol

Too much work

APR1

Ready to race!
This isn't spam.

Years ago I only opened a Chase account just for the free $200.

Now I get coupons all the time in the mail for $300 just for opening an account. The exclusion is that you aren't able to get it if you had an account closed with them within 90 days though. And you need to have a direct deposit every month.
So I'd have to close it....figure out where to stash the cash/paychecks for 3-4 months, and then hope I get a coupon again for the free $300, lol

Too much work

This. It's not scam, it's them hoping you'll transfer your money to their bank and then be too lazy to go back to your old. Win for them.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
This. It's not scam, it's them hoping you'll transfer your money to their bank and then be too lazy to go back to your old. Win for them.

^^^^^^This. Most people are resistant to change, and if they do they are even more resistant to change again.