GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
That one isn't that bad :laugh: that one engine pic...

Yea, I didn't know they even published photos that big on the interwebz. Da fuq?

Not bad.

My GTI keeps popping this CEL:

053295 - Fan Identification Sensor
U102F - 000 - No Communications - MIL ON

The fan is working so I am not doing anything about it until I get another Friday off when I can drop it off at my VW mechanic to take a look at it.

In the meantime, I have been obsessing over the Ford Taurus SHO. AWD, Twin Turbo, seats 5, and can get 400 HP with just a tune - what's not to like?

I want to keep my GTI until it dies or 100K, whichever comes first, because I have too much money sunk in the car. Plus, I have been enjoying track days and autocross with it.

However, I missed out buying a 1996 Impala SS back when I was in high school, so now the Taurus SHO seems like a good fit for something I missed out on when I was a kid.

Plus, look how nice the SHO looks with Nurbs on it:

Man, the SHO is so big and heavy, it's really not fun in anything other than a straight line. It has the smallest interior of any big car I've ever been in, which mystifies me. Zero desire.

Still, dem nurbs...

jnj2455

Ready to race!
So someone got a new Mini Cooper on my block. I first noticed it the other day and I literally stood there and stared at it for a good 10 mins before I thought "hmmm, this must be the newest redesigned Cooper".

It's a little fatter, little wider but even at a 3 second glance, it's SO hard to tell (at least for me).

I also dunno if I like the softer, chunkier proportions

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
So someone got a new Mini Cooper on my block. I first noticed it the other day and I literally stood there and stared at it for a good 10 mins before I thought "hmmm, this must be the newest redesigned Cooper".

It's a little fatter, little wider but even at a 3 second glance, it's SO hard to tell (at least for me).

I also dunno if I like the softer, chunkier proportions

Its a bit fatter than the last gen. Like someone pumped it up 5 psi. I don't like the insanity eye headlights, and Minis are probably one of the least reliable cars you can buy. They sure are fun, doe.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Its a bit fatter than the last gen. Like someone pumped it up 5 psi. I don't like the insanity eye headlights, and Minis are probably one of the least reliable cars you can buy. They sure are fun, doe.

I'm finally "warming up" to the new design. For the reliability, is it all that bad?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

The fan is working so I am not doing anything about it until I get another Friday off when I can drop it off at my VW mechanic to take a look at it.

In the meantime, I have been obsessing over the Ford Taurus SHO. AWD, Twin Turbo, seats 5, and can get 400 HP with just a tune - what's not to like?

I want to keep my GTI until it dies or 100K, whichever comes first, because I have too much money sunk in the car. Plus, I have been enjoying track days and autocross with it.

However, I missed out buying a 1996 Impala SS back when I was in high school, so now the Taurus SHO seems like a good fit for something I missed out on when I was a kid.

Man you must like big cars. And nurbs :lol:

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dat SHO, doe.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Tomorrow.

Go get dat C5, breh.

You are allowed right now brah. You're a single man. Do what you want to do.

:laugh: I like where your heads are at. I need to at least pay off my credit card debt before I do anything, which should be done by the end of July. Really a C5 or '11 'Stang or whatever is very easily affordable for me at this point so I shouldn't feel bad… Just hard to justify it kind of, and the Gayata is still pretty fun. I get worried that I won't be able to drift around every corner anymore in these cars and they'll actually be less fun on the streetz.

Hey man, do you… that thing is nice looking and I do love Fords. I personally am not drawn to big ass sedans though. Have you considered the SS and the Charger? Dem V8s. Charger R/Ts are pretty damn cheap it seems.

I'm finally "warming up" to the new design. For the reliability, is it all that bad?

I dunno. My best friend has an '11 base manual Cooper that he's put like 80k miles one, the only problem he's had is some random paint flaking that was fixed under warranty, coil packs and it weirdly eats rear brakes even though he drives like a grandma. It's a fun car though, I like it. I wish I could convince him to do shorter oil change intervals. I bet some of the problems are sparked by the retarded 20k interval spec'd by Mini/BMW.

http://www.auto.com/cars/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-2013-1ZVBP8JZ9D5282886

My buddy who traded an S5 (v8) for an e90 m3, for a 997 911 S, for a Roush RS3 Mustang, for a Grand sport.. is now thinking about getting that.....

What does he do besides not having a wife I'm guessing? They hiring?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hahahahal, yep.. no wife.. he does some kind of IT work I think for coca cola or some shit..

There is a TTRS in his area, but its a little more than he wants to spend.... not sure where he's gonna go from here tho. I think he knows the GT500 wont be that great on the track, but it will be amazing for anything else... but dat interior :eek:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
hahahahal, yep.. no wife.. he does some kind of IT work I think for coca cola or some shit..

There is a TTRS in his area, but its a little more than he wants to spend.... not sure where he's gonna go from here tho. I think he knows the GT500 wont be that great on the track, but it will be amazing for anything else... but dat interior :eek:

I'd rather have the GT500 :scared0016:

Nice car, but are you really considering ditching the Gay3 for that? Manual ATS would be better.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I dunno. My best friend has an '11 base manual Cooper that he's put like 80k miles one, the only problem he's had is some random paint flaking that was fixed under warranty, coil packs and it weirdly eats rear brakes even though he drives like a grandma. It's a fun car though, I like it. I wish I could convince him to do shorter oil change intervals. I bet some of the problems are sparked by the retarded 20k interval spec'd by Mini/BMW.

bmws are 10k oil change intervals just like vw's. 20k is INSANE

i have a high school buddy who drives a 2010 cooper s, right now its 80-90k? as he drives a lot. he didn't have any issues mechanically and his car is running stage 3 about 370ish whp

Status
Not open for further replies.