GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
bmws are 10k oil change intervals just like vw's. 20k is INSANE

i have a high school buddy who drives a 2010 cooper s, right now its 80-90k? as he drives a lot. he didn't have any issues mechanically and his car is running stage 3 about 370ish whp

They don't really have an interval, your supposed to do it when the MFD says to, which is like 17-20k. Stupid. I'm surprised that S has held up. I don't think I'd buy one other than a base NA. The new 3 cylinder turbo... I dunno. I'd rather just have the old NA four banger.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
They don't really have an interval, your supposed to do it when the MFD says to, which is like 17-20k. Stupid. I'm surprised that S has held up. I don't think I'd buy one other than a base NA. The new 3 cylinder turbo... I dunno. I'd rather just have the old NA four banger.

the 3 cyl is the new engine so i don't thing ill go for it now if i want to, ill give couple of years to see what happens. NA is totally a good piece of mind and yet still have a really fun car to drive

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
The 3cyl is supposedly the more fun engine in the lineup.

And on the Regal.... I like them, especially with the huge ass chromey wheels. I wouldn't buy one though.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
:laugh: I like where your heads are at. I need to at least pay off my credit card debt before I do anything, which should be done by the end of July. Really a C5 or '11 'Stang or whatever is very easily affordable for me at this point so I shouldn't feel bad… Just hard to justify it kind of, and the Gayata is still pretty fun. I get worried that I won't be able to drift around every corner anymore in these cars and they'll actually be less fun on the streetz.

Yea, zero out dat debt first. That should be mission numbero uno right now. Gayata is good, but YOLO amirite?

hahahahal, yep.. no wife.. he does some kind of IT work I think for coca cola or some shit..

Lucky SOB.

It's awesome how much they depreciate. Great cars for the money.

also,

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&mmt=[CAD[ATS[]][]]&listingId=370171098&Log=0

Nice car, but are you really considering ditching the Gay3 for that? Manual ATS would be better.

Manual ATS is a better car. Check the link above.

oh right, forgot they are FWD and the ATS is RWD.. ill have to look at those again.

Yea, FWD-only kind of neuters the GS Manual. It's a shame.

And on the Regal.... I like them, especially with the huge ass chromey wheels. I wouldn't buy one though.

I bet the 3cyl is fun. Less rotational mass than a 4...making it possibly peppier and more eager to rev.

Regal GSs look awesome wit dem ramz.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to see what kind of software comes out for the 3-cyl. Give that car a tune, with the factory sport suspension and minimal options... dat car would be fun.

I bet that exhaust note sounds good, too.

Merkle

Banned
I bet some of the problems are sparked by the retarded 20k interval spec'd by Mini/BMW.

Keeps the advertised cost of maintenance down, it's merely a marketing ploy.
I'm sure the oil CAN last that long, but why?

I think he knows the GT500 wont be that great on the track, but it will be amazing for anything else... but dat interior :eek:

No round air vents doe...

Seriously, I'm a Mustang guy through and through (No zeta Camaro love here) and the GT500 is kind of a one trick pony (No pun intended) I'd rather a GT with the performance pack or a Boss 302 Laguna Seca if going all out.

Or the Z28, ZL1 or 1LE if you HAVE to go the GM route.

Needs moar BLUE

I have a soft spot for Buicks but they still feel like a dad car.

Agreed, but they're actually trying to shake off the 'old man' image. It's working, I like the newer ones. Too bad it's the same story as the ATS. "*No threesomes doe"

Interesting

I'd like to see what kind of software comes out for the 3-cyl. Give that car a tune, with the factory sport suspension and minimal options... dat car would be fun.

^Dis

^Dat

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Its a bit fatter than the last gen. Like someone pumped it up 5 psi. I don't like the insanity eye headlights, and Minis are probably one of the least reliable cars you can buy. They sure are fun, doe.

trevor said:
I'm finally "warming up" to the new design. For the reliability, is it all that bad?

I didn't think they were that bad. A buddy of mine who's in law school now has one and it hasn't left him stranded yet.

So I creeped around last night before going out:

Convertible is the now-old generation. What's the difference again? :laugh:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I didn't think they were that bad. A buddy of mine who's in law school now has one and it hasn't left him stranded yet.

So I creeped around last night before going out:

Convertible is the now-old generation. What's the difference again? :laugh:

A few small differences. I think I prefer the older taillights.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Man, the SHO is so big and heavy, it's really not fun in anything other than a straight line. It has the smallest interior of any big car I've ever been in, which mystifies me. Zero desire.

It's the transmission tunnel, the axle for the AWD needs to go somewhere so it intrudes into the cabin, making a big but small interior car. I rented a few Taurus' lately and they are cushy but big.

Hey man, do you… that thing is nice looking and I do love Fords. I personally am not drawn to big ass sedans though. Have you considered the SS and the Charger? Dem V8s. Charger R/Ts are pretty damn cheap it seems.

I've never been drawn to the Charger or its sister the 300. It's probably because there are too many in my part of VA that have been completely donked out:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Dat fwd.

I think you can get 400hp out of those engines with a tune and e85, no? Crazy engine. Wish it were rwd.

Got to be really careful messing with the average cylinder pressures in those 3cyl engines though. They're so inherently unbalanced that they can do a number to the crank and journal bearings pretty quickly.

butchered by autocorrecr

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
This thread needs to be renamed "General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior and Constant Reminder of the Cadillac ATS's Existence Thread"

I keed. Kind of. :D

butchered by autocorrecr

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
2013 ATS 2.0t base price = $35k.
1 year later car is worth $25k on a dealer lot, probably $22k trade in.

Holy balls.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
This thread needs to be renamed "General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior and Constant Reminder of the Cadillac ATS's Existence Thread"

I keed. Kind of. :D

butchered by autocorrecr

Agreed.

2013 ATS 2.0t base price = $35k.
1 year later car is worth $25k on a dealer lot, probably $22k trade in.

Holy balls.

Comes with LSD, Bremobz, and a solid 6MT. It has zero options (including the base radio), but it's simply unbeatable at that price.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Agreed.

Comes with LSD, Bremobz, and a solid 6MT. It has zero options (including the base radio), but it's simply unbeatable at that price.

Oh I agree, its quite a deal at $25k. But dat depreciation! I wonder how low they'll go, really. My GTI for example seems to have no bottom out point. Used MKV GTI's go for anywhere from $11k to $7k.

Status
Not open for further replies.