GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting surgery in 2 weeks, joy joy

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
God that explanation made me cringe

Peezza

Ready to race!
My dad had his kidney stone removed several years ago. I don't recall exactly but didn't sound like it was that complicated surgery for him. Anyway, removed stones were found cancerous. He got quiet A LOT of money from insurance.

melancholygypsy

Bring out the Gimp
To a guy that's had a Kidney stone the surgery doesn't sound all that bad... It isn't the peeing out of the stone that hurts it's the passing of it from the kidney to the bladder.

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I had a terrible stomach ache, that turned into the worst pain I have ever had which led to dizziness and puking because of the intensity. I had to have my mother pick me up from my house to bring me to the hospital because I couldn't drive myself and had no idea at the time if something was exploding inside me or not.

I would go surgery...

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Reminds me to chug some water. I get stones once every few years.

I had my bladder scoped while I was awake last year. Almost kicked my doctor in the face. Not as painful as when the stone passes from kidney to ureter, but... Never again!

Good luck!

Xtreme1

Ready to race!
Been here.

Had a 6mm stone. They went in and zapped it. Woke up with a stent. That thing was pain full.

Made me feel like i had to pee every 5 mins. The cord was left too short and would work that piss hole like a cheese grater.

When they pulled the stent out it was pain on an epic level plus the shot of blood up the wall.

Then a week later I started to bleed. Man period :D

Turned out he had cut me inside and that I had internal bleeding and it then backed into my kidney and cause me to go into renal failure.

Had another operation from a different doctor and all was fixed. But the thought of a 16 guage cath makes me run and hide like a little girl.

Mine was a rare case. But one thing I would do is look into the doctor who is performing this op. As I wish I had on the orig doctor I used.

Then i wouldn't have been pulling 4ft long blood clots out my piss hole.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
At least you're asleep for it. I have a birth defect called a urethral stricture which means it narrows at some point making me piss like an 80 year old guy with the prostate the size of a grapefruit. I had two procedures done (totally awake) where they stretch it to a normal size. This usually lasts for about 2 years before it has to be done again. Most painful experience of my life, good luck with your procedure, ask for a pain killer, bladder spasm controlling medicine (Oxybutynin), and a urethral analgesic (Pyridium, turns your piss orange haha).

Hank Hill?