GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLFMK6 Confessionals

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
I remember when I was a size 0... that was before I had hips though.

Jenn, you look amazing. I don't have the desire/motivation/self-control to do what you do and I totally admire you for that.

Haley, you're thin and hot. Size 0 isn't sexy. You are sexy :thumbup:

Jenn, although I agree with most of what you're saying and you take DAMN good care of your body, there are some skinny girls who do more than just eat less. Certain girls including my girlfriend were just born skinny. They still do squats, ab workouts, etc etc but just dont see the kind of gains that you do. Just want to make sure you know that, not trying to be snappy or anything. :thumbsup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Oh no, you're right. I shouldn't have made the generalization that all skinny girls just starve themselves. I know that's not true, as I know girls and see them in the gym from time to time that are that way. Props to her for having the kind of situations most girls dream of....I'm just not one of those girls :)

Speaking of which...Jenn, just scanned your instagram page....yea, id def do some sexting with you...haha

Go on....

Then how come when obese people get their stomachs stapled they magically start loosing weight...o wait its bc they lie to people when they say they were eating right or not as much. Unless you have a documented medical condition of some sort...ur full of S***....i said the same thing about I have a slow metabolism and its hard for me to loose weight even if i eat right bla blah bla.... till I stop lying to myself and the people around me. yes some people loose weight at different rates but anyone who eats correctly can loose weight and be whats called skinny, its just called consistency and dedication. Now people who eat bucket loads and dont get fat...they exist. But yes just eating correctly is the ultimate slow approach to weight loss so you cant expect amazing instant results compared to those who bust their A$$ everyday.

btw starving doesnt work....body just goes into starvation mode unless you practice it as a way of life or something like anorexics

This. Sure, genetics play a part in the rate and how people lose weight but it's not impossible. Diet, no matter what kind of state you're in or the genetics you have is 80% of the battle. I truly believe that. Yes, it does take some effort in the gym to see huge muscle gains but fat loss happen in the kitchen.

Also, starvation isn't the answer but you'd be surprised at the weight you would drop if you only at 550 kcals/day for 2 weeks. Don't do it, but I'm just saying.

Not full of s*** give your head a shake.

I am the example. I don't eat much, I just can't. Maybe I have an extremely small stomach but stuffing my face is an 8oz steak while trying to finish my sides at a restaurant. I know people my age and size that if they wanted to can tackle a 20oz steak in one sitting plus eat a large order of fries or other sides, that will never happen for me. I do eat often though and end up eating small meals often... which btw is supposed to be the best way to lose weight as it speeds up you metabolism.

With that being said I always gain weight VERY easily. I need to diet AND workout to lose weight. During my college years I was at the gym 6 days a week. I was in school for fire fighting so naturally my entire program lived at the gym. While I did gain a ton of muscle I could never shed off unwanted body fat until i basically gave up on weights and just ran for a couple hours a day.

Here is another example for you, I have Crohns disease (look it up if you don't know what it is). Most people with active Crohns find it difficult to put on weight yet I can't keep it off. SOME, I never said all people, will not just lose weight by not eating. Sure they will drop a few pounds but going from obese to overweight and getting stuck at a certain weight doesn't count as getting skinny.

*Edit - thought I would add that as someone with Crohns I am eligible to get my weed card or w.e it's called (I have no interest in doing so). Weed helps with the inflammation and takes away some of the pain but it also helps you eat so you can gain weight or maintain a healthy weight.

There are still a ton of people that just eat like shit aren't active and get their stomach stapled and will lose weight there is no doubt about that. For some like me that is just not the case.

I'm surprised because Crohn's usually causes rapid weight LOSS not, gain. It's an autoimmune, gastrointestinal disease, right? I've read a bit about it in the undergrad studies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I agree with Jenn on fit vs skinny.. I've been fat and in better shape than skinny poles.

I LOVE JENN, DOE.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised because Crohn's usually causes rapid weight LOSS not, gain. It's an autoimmune, gastrointestinal disease, right? I've read a bit about it in the undergrad studies.

Ya its basically when you have a chronic infection in a certain part of the small or large intestine. If its in the large intestine they call it Colitis. My dad actually has both Crohns and Colitis.

So basically when any food passes through the infected section its hurts or is just very uncomfortable. There are some other bad side effects that i'll let you guys look into if you want to (don't really feel the need to share it all here) that makes you loss weight like crazy.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have a hiatal hernia, essentially a hole in my stomach. for me... it sucks, because eating/keeping my stomach full, actually makes it feel better :(

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
I agree with Jenn on fit vs skinny.. I've been fat and in better shape than skinny poles.

I LOVE JENN, DOE.

There is a phrase called "skinny fat". Meaning that you are thin based on looks and the number on the scale but your actual fitness is shit. And that's what a lot of girls I talk to about losing weight want to be. They just want to LOOK thin. They don't care at all about how their bodies can actually perform (insert dirty joke or comment here) and their literal level of fitness. THAT is what I don't understand.

You're given a temple (good or bad)...make it the biggest, baddest, most efficient temple you can with the one you're given. You owe that to yourself.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
Ya its basically when you have a chronic infection in a certain part of the small or large intestine. If its in the large intestine they call it Colitis. My dad actually has both Crohns and Colitis.

So basically when any food passes through the infected section its hurts or is just very uncomfortable. There are some other bad side effects that i'll let you guys look into if you want to (don't really feel the need to share it all here) that makes you loss weight like crazy.

Right, that's what I thought so why would it cause you to gain weight easily, rather than lose it? I'm just trying to understand is all. No need to respond if I'm being intrusive....I know about some of the nasty and painful side effects. I feel for you. Truly.

There is a phrase called "skinny fat". Meaning that you are thin based on looks and the number on the scale but your actual fitness is shit. And that's what a lot of girls I talk to about losing weight want to be. They just want to LOOK thin. They don't care at all about how their bodies can actually perform (insert dirty joke or comment here) and their literal level of fitness. THAT is what I don't understand.

You're given a temple (good or bad)...make it the biggest, baddest, most efficient temple you can with the one you're given. You owe that to yourself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I call my sister skinny fat all the time! LoL! I'm always telling her she needs to tone her S***!....She is by no means fat(Anymore, yay for her) but all the skin on her legs and triceps kinda just flaps around with no real tension. She just finally got in the gym again recently and is in pain today bc her legs hurt so bad....I'm so proud lil sister! I hope she keeps it up.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Right, that's what I thought so why would it cause you to gain weight easily, rather than lose it? I'm just trying to understand is all. No need to respond if I'm being intrusive....I know about some of the nasty and painful side effects. I feel for you. Truly.

I have to re-read my post but I wasn't supposed to say it made me gain weight if I did say that.

I was getting across that because of my illness I should be able to lose weight pretty easily but instead I am on a strict diet and go to gym almost every day just to drop a few pounds... maybe I can chalk it up to my meds are working and I just don't lose weight easily.

I have to re-read my post but I wasn't supposed to say it made me gain weight if I did say that.

I was getting across that because of my illness I should be able to lose weight pretty easily but instead I am on a strict diet and go to gym almost every day just to drop a few pounds... maybe I can chalk it up to my meds are working and I just don't lose weight easily.

Game set and match,............................i still feel bad tho. Dont really know anything about the disease other than what you've said on here but I hope you pull through/beat it.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Game set and match,............................i still feel bad tho

still proves my point though that some people just don't lose weight easily. I am forced to eat pretty well (at least A LOT better then most skinny people) because of my Crohns and I work out a lot yet I can barley lose weight. If I didn't work out I am certain I would not lose weight but just eating right. I think some people just store fat while others don't.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Game set and match,............................i still feel bad tho. Dont really know anything about the disease other than what you've said on here but I hope you pull through/beat it.

It's not really life threatening which is good but there is also no cure which blows. I don't let it effect me. The more I think about it the more I feel it so I just go about my normal day and when I am having a bad day its a good excuse to get in bed and watch a movie with the GF.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
still proves my point though that some people just don't lose weight easily. I am forced to eat pretty well (at least A LOT better then most skinny people) because of my Crohns and I work out a lot yet I can barley lose weight. If I didn't work out I am certain I would not lose weight but just eating right. I think some people just store fat while others don't.

But you are also an exception. For those that have healthy, properly functioning immune and gastrointestinal systems or other medical condition that actually prevents true fat loss, they make excuses. Do what is right, what is proven to work and it will work. Most people are not the exception and do not have special circumstances.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
bad metabolism can still be bad doe.