GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good news from my dealer!

illyun said:
Mines coming next week or the week after... I am paying in cash - first time in my life I have had so much money and I am giving it all away!:eek: But its worth it - I hope. Are there any things that I should check for when it arrives?

Have you checked with your dealer about paying for it in cash?

I didn't think they were allowed to except large sums of cash anymore?

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Shovels said:
They will probably ask for a Bankers Draft/Cheque rather than cash.

Credit card (for the airmiles) up the to limit the dealer allows - then debit card for the balance :biggrin:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Congrats to everyone getting their GTI!
Have fun and play safe... it's all too easy to be caught by an unmarked car with a GTI... especially given that everyone wants to play!

/just got nicked by unmarked Jag for doing over 100...

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Dirty Pucka said:
:laugh: :laugh: why not throw the baby into the deal for good measure!

:laughabove:

Its getting close now... We need a countdown timer

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Dirty Pucka said:
sh1t dude, isn't that an instant ban????

Don't know... the offense was in November, just got my court summons, which is set for July. From what I've heard I could get anything from a week ban and a fine to a potential yearlong. Most likely get a couple of weeks and a nasty fine though... I hope.

cmdrfire said:
Don't know... the offense was in November, just got my court summons, which is set for July. From what I've heard I could get anything from a week ban and a fine to a potential yearlong. Most likely get a couple of weeks and a nasty fine though... I hope.

:frown: feel for you mate, I don't condone speeding but 'we' all do it and with the GTI its hard not to:wink:

Good luck, keep us posted:thumbsup:

Another update on mine........ money on its way to the dealer, insurance cover note in my possesion........ ready for collection Thursday morning (fingers crossed):biggrin:

I'm sure the dealer is draging his heals to delay the collection until after Easter...... I think he wants it in his showroom over the Easter break:rolleyes:

I'll keep you all posted (assuming your interested!!!)

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Dirty Pucka said:
I'll keep you all posted (assuming your interested!!!)

Yup -I'm interested - All quiet from my dealers - not even confirmed the ship has docked..
My Insurance was frozen from when I traded the TT and as its a lower group I will just give them the details and get the cover note sent direct to the dealers.

Looking forward to your first impressions post..

OK today's update.... got a call about 5.30pm yesterday to say it had arrived at the dealers, I was going to visit some friends last night who live about 1/2 mile from the dealers so like a little school boy I went to have a look........:biggrin: :biggrin: Locked in the compound but sitting with its plates on and looking hot hot hot there it was:biggrin: :biggrin:

I had sweet dreams last night but I'm now getting really excited! Money should clear tonight and collection is looking good for tomorrow morning!

Now the bad news.... when the dealer rang to confirm it had arrived he said "mmmm slight problem with the detachable towbar"
I said "like what"
"we will have to cut the rear bumper"

I'm really p*ssed off about this as all the way along I've been asking this (for three months!!!) and I have been reassured that they will not have to cut the bumper..... now they are saying they will. I've told them I'm not very happy and I want to be there before they start so I can decide what to do.

Apparently it is only a very small piece at the very bottom of the bumper, but I'm still not happy:frown:

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Glad its here at last.
Let us know how it goes from here.
We all know what its like waiting for the GTI.
Not long now for you guys.

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
I just got the call :clap:
Car is being shipped today - they will PDI it tomorrow.

I arranged to collect it on Tuesday lunchtime :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now to think of that excuse why I didn't make it back to work :burnrubber: