GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gran Turismo 5

utekineir

Banned
It makes the zonda, r8, race mod zr1, etc seem like a prius in terms of speed and grip.

900+ hp, 550 ish kg, and ridiculous handling. 7 gears also.

dustinwark

Miesian
Bought the 4.9 mil formula car. Holy shit.

bought mine last night, bummed you can't paint it, but it is insane. I was going to buy the Audi R10 with my 5 mil, but decided this car would be better since I actually need it for a race.

utekineir

Banned
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135419

Sadly I haven't had time to improve it any more yet. Hopefully opening GT5 lights a fire under my ass.

Looks like that could end up working pretty damn well with some tinkering by the time you're finished. Saw a review of the fantech wheel setup the other day, was rated pretty great. One thing i do notice with my seat and its design is the vertical support for the wheel can make pedal use awkward, looks like yours has a similar possible dillema. The new playseat uses a support coming out from under the seat to support the wheel.... but then you have to climb over, plus its way more expensive. I'm thinking a box type setup with unobstructed pedals and stable enough for the wheel may be the best bet.

Like this but not thousands of dollars, or able to become an ugly coffee table.

Dug up the pic of mine.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Looks like that could end up working pretty damn well with some tinkering by the time you're finished. ... I'm thinking a box type setup with unobstructed pedals and stable enough for the wheel may be the best bet.
It's a trade off between compactness and restorability vs usability. Undo a few wing nuts and pull a few bolts out and mine will collapse nearly flat to be stored away. Of course that won't be true once I mount the Hyundai bucket seat I have. But I intend to make this modular so the seat and the rest of it store separately.

A few problems with what I have so far:
- I made the platform the wheel mounts to almost 2x too big, this puts the main support post too far away from me when I sit at it, and gives me issues getting the reach to the pedals right
- The forward support stay gets in the way of the pedals
- It is way too tall; a 7'-er wouldn't adjust it as high as I have made it
- This is a mock-up of sorts and is not made very well; it has started to fall apart already

Surprisingly it is pretty stable though. If you beat on it, it will wobble a lot. But if you just use it, it is fine.

Cantilevering the wheel support from under the seat isn't a bad idea either. I might try that.

A box would be optimum.. however space just doesn't permit that.

D0rk

MOAR POWAR

Here's a crappy camera phone picture of mine from a month or two ago. I think that's even GT5:prologue on the TV.

It's a $40 IKEA bookshelf. This one to be exact: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60135299

All I did was use a top piece and two sides. 4 allen screws later and it's a 31 inch tall stand that is the perfect height when i'm in my computer chair. I put some cheap rubber feet on the bottom so it wouldn't slide on my plastic chair mat. No side to side movement at all, perfectly sturdy for drifting and racing.

utekineir

Banned
A box would be optimum.. however space just doesn't permit that.

When i'm not using mine it goes to the left of the coffee table in the pic. About as big an eyesore as possible. The seatback folds down, but still....

That company making the coffee table setup really has the right idea going. Apart from it being ugly as shit, kinda impractical for a coffee table, and expensive as hell. But it give ideas as to how a simple one could be built at home for well under $100 minus the seat. (Think they want 4-6k iirc.) I'd make it an ottoman though rather than a coffee table.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Holey crap. I completely ignored your youtube link/video.
You're right... I have a new plan.
Step 1: Mount my seat on hinges, make it collapse into a box.

In other news, GT5 was not under the tree. Doh. (Actually I think my buddy got it for me, but we aren't scheduled to swap gifts until February!)

dustinwark

Miesian
Holey crap. I completely ignored your youtube link/video.
You're right... I have a new plan.
Step 1: Mount my seat on hinges, make it collapse into a box.

In other news, GT5 was not under the tree. Doh. (Actually I think my buddy got it for me, but we aren't scheduled to swap gifts until February!)

fffuuu, buy it now, return his copy and buy another game in february