GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gray Ghost 2010 CSG Autobahn - 2009 CW GTI - MK6 Road Warriors

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion

This is setup I'm more than likely doing next year. Let me know how you like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
I will definitely post my impressions. The car is back together minus a tie rod end that arrives Monday.
Accomplished-
Front and rear aluminum housings
Koni Sports and DG all around
Various Passat hardware
Whiteline control arm bushes in front

Fought really hard with the front parts and had to make a couple special strut tools. Still needs the aluminum front control arms, didn't feel like dropping subframe today. And Whiteline for the rear trailing arms someday.
Front together

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks man. Shooting for a wheel alignment on Tuesday.

zrickety

The Fixer
So all is well. Drove the car 50 miles roundtrip for the alignment. Rear specs were surprisingly good, front toe was the only fix.

zrickety

The Fixer
Left side is settling but the right has some attack. Car feels very different linear vs progressive springs. Whiteline bushings compounding this and I feel the shorter turning from the Passat spindles. The extra track in back is very noticeable, I love it even if it is poking a bit. These are et45.

Last edited:

mg_90

Nice to see you got the rear spindles finally done, yes rear track width increase was between 8/9mm per side maybe I didn´t explain myself well.

Looks like I´m going to struggle to fit the 18x8 et42 wheels I have on the way :D

zrickety

The Fixer
Nice to see you got the rear spindles finally done, yes rear track width increase was between 8/9mm per side maybe I didn´t explain myself well.

Looks like I´m going to struggle to fit the 18x8 et42 wheels I have on the way :D
Lol yes you will. Thanks for your help with the bolts!

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I was getting tire rub on some bumps. So I tried my hand at rolling the rear fenders yesterday...I see why they don't recommend it. Outer and inner sheet metal separated. Tried to gain a half inch of clearance and it's functional but not pretty. Trying some 1" flares and then camber as a last resort. Already had inner tire wear. After 50k the Continentals are done, they served me well. Switching to Yokohama Advan Sports that should be here Monday.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
So I got the new tires mounted today. They did a better job than the last shop. I suspected the rear was out when my tires were suddenly bald.

They got me back in spec but were afraid to touch the camber for some reason.

zrickety

The Fixer
Took the car to TrackDaze at VIR...got about 180 miles of track time in 2 days. Gotta say the car was great. Got faster and must have cleaned out some carbon as I gained 4 mpg on the way home. Was hitting about 130 mph in the straights. Chasing Corvettes and Mustangs was awesome. Track pads are now my list, cooked the brakes to well done.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Making cosmetic changes this season...started with the front smile. I didn't like the gray on gray, unlike most that color match this area. Saw a white mk6 with black smile and decided that's for me. The faster the car goes, the more I want to detune the appearance.
And then there is this R bumper sitting in the box. I have to modify the rear arches and want to color change the car anyway. Going with an mk3 color- Dragon Green Pearl or Sequoia Green Metallic. Was looking at some euro only mk7 green and even an mk2 version.
http://www.mk3golfowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=355

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Found a great VW green reference...
LG6S Sequoia Green Metallic
LZ6Y Cactus Green
LD6U Dark Green Metallic
LC6Y Irish Green Pearl Effect Paint Pearl
LC6V Green Pearl Effect Paint / Jaspis Green Metallic
LC6U Classic Green Pearl Effect Paint / Classic Green
LC6P Dragon Green Pearl Effect Paint / Emerald Green Mica
LY6P Ragusa Green
LG7N Bright Surf
LZ6U Emerald Mica
LY6L Tropic Green Metallic
LY6M Aqua Green Metallic
LZ6U Emerald Mica
LB6N Elegant Green Metallic
LC6N Royal Green Mica
LG6V Cyber Green Metallic
LY6M Aqua Green Metallic
LZ6H Racing Green Mica Metallic
LZ6L Cactus Green Metallic
LC6M/T3 Bright Green Mica
LGV/L9 Cyber Green Metallic
LZ6W/8L Cosmic Green Metallic
LY1B/F2 Elegant Green Metallic

Edit- this is a real rabbit hole. I've been looking at different greens for 3 days and this list on my computer has doubled.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Need to update this thread with track pics I actually bought. Painting this thing in the summer I hope.