GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grinds my gears (official rant thread)

krische

vdubber in training
Thought it would be cool to make a "rant" thread for everyone to complain about what bugs them.

I'll go first.

I can't stand the type of people at work that won't try to figure out anything themselves. Or maybe they try for a whole 5 seconds and then throw their up hands and start bugging someone to hold their hands through it. Just pure laziness.

theunderlord

Ready to race!
I can't stand the type of people at work that won't try to figure out anything themselves. Or maybe they try for a whole 5 seconds and then throw their up hands and start bugging someone to hold their hands through it. Just pure laziness.

So n00bs then? :thumbup:

TDI110

O_o

same threads on the same thing multiple times per day. But it goes along the lines of OP's beef.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
I agree with TDi...threads about the same 6 questions every day...

We need a post created which is required to read and hit accept for (think terms of service statements) that cover all the common questions and end with you hitting a button that says you have read and understand the content of the post...this should be part of the registration process.

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
I agree with TDi...threads about the same 6 questions every day...

We need a post created which is required to read and hit accept for (think terms of service statements) that cover all the common questions and end with you hitting a button that says you have read and understand the content of the post...this should be part of the registration process.

+1

athena_emerson

Kids are encouraged to 'ask questions' and told that 'there is no such thing as a dumb question'. Seems like your co-workers have carried that habit all the way into adulthood. While this facilitates learning in high-school, and is probably a good strategy then, I'm not sure it'll get them promoted at this point of time in their lives.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
There are no dumb questions.......correct. But when that same question is asked 1000 times it is.

pov

Passed Driver's Ed
So n00bs then? :thumbup:

I wouldn't classify that person as a “n00b”. If you're new, you have a reason for asking for help. The people he's referring to (if I'm not mistaken) are the people that don't take initiative to solve problems on their own, constantly relying on others to carry them through life. I see these types in my line of work quite often.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I wouldn't classify that person as a “n00b”. If you're new, you have a reason for asking for help. The people he's referring to (if I'm not mistaken) are the people that don't take initiative to solve problems on their own, constantly relying on others to carry them through life. I see these types in my line of work quite often.

Its actually a society characteristic. Today's world lives in the mindset of "ME". Help ME out. Do something for ME. How does this benefit ME. Its especially prevolent in our youth. I'm not a old guy. I'm in my mid 20s and frankly feel like I'm 30 compared to everyone else my age that I know.

People just dont ever grow up (mature) anymore. Who wouldnt? Everything is paid for by the taxpayer money.....ugh I'm ranting.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I hate that I washed my car two days ago, and yesterday on the way home it rained for appx 3 effin minutes. Now I have a cleanish car with asswater spots all over it...:mad0259:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

krische

vdubber in training
Its actually a society characteristic. Today's world lives in the mindset of "ME". Help ME out. Do something for ME. How does this benefit ME. Its especially prevolent in our youth. I'm not a old guy. I'm in my mid 20s and frankly feel like I'm 30 compared to everyone else my age that I know.

I think I actually see it more in older folks. Well at least the "Help ME out". Younger people sometimes seem more willing to just Google their issue and figure it out themselves. Well I work in a technical field and most problems are computer related, so I suppose my perspective is a bit skewed.