GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Just a quick question please guys.
For those who have fitted it, are you in left hand drive cars? All the info I've found indicates drivers side to pin 2 on connector A, and passenger to pin 5 on contort A (for power this is), mine are working fully, but the buttons are opposite i.e driver button operates passenger seat and vica versa, as I'm in a right hand drive car, I'm guessing all the info and electrical schemes I've found all relate to left hand drive cars so I should have put the drivers pin to pin 5 and the passenger to pin 2.

I'm guessing you're correct in your logic. However, I suspect you might also have to swap pins 40 and 43 on connector C. I believe pins 2 and 5 from connector A supply power to the heaters, while pins 40 and 43 provide the temperature communications signal between the heaters and the BCM. If you swap power but not communications, potentially bad things could happen, like a seat that gets too hot and burns out. Here is a small diagram I made as a visual reference for the retrofit I did (I need visuals otherwise I screw everything up!).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have edited this post like 10 times. :)

Not sure if my new BCM (5Q0937087S) is the correct one. It does not have B43. That is the only one it is missing. Do we know that B43 is required?
Finally getting back to this project... because it's "cold" in Los Angeles, haha. Did you ever finish this? Looking at one of your other posts I see you drive a Golf TDI. I drive a Golf TDI S. I currently have seats in my car (from a GTD, imported) that have heating elements and I also have a retrofit harness from Kufatec that I need to install. I was/am under the impression I need the highline BCM as well.

My installed BCM is 5Q0937087Q. Had the dealer look up the replacement in ETKA and it is 5Q0937087S. ETKA shows the 5Q0937087S as the replacement for -Q and -R BCMs. You need pins A2, A5, C40, C43 and C56 for the retrofit, according to the instructions Kufatec provided with the harness I bought from them. I have pictures of my BCM, but only plug B. For some reason I, like you, was thinking I needed B43 which my -Q BCM does not have. I need to check for all the required pins on my BCM. I would love to put $350ish a new BCM will cost me into something else, like a CR190.

Did you buy the 5Q0937087S to do this retrofit? And does your 5Q0937087S have pins A2, A5, C40, C43 and C56? If so you should be good to go.

Edit: My memory is failing, I did in fact take pictures of all plugs on the BCM and I am missing the required pins on connector C. That's probably why I have these ETKA printouts showing I need to buy the -S BCM.

Last edited:

LozzyJ

I'm guessing you're correct in your logic. However, I suspect you might also have to swap pins 40 and 43 on connector C. I believe pins 2 and 5 from connector A supply power to the heaters, while pins 40 and 43 provide the temperature communications signal between the heaters and the BCM. If you swap power but not communications, potentially bad things could happen

Good point, not something I initially thought of when I figured out the power pin problem. I swapped the power pins over and that problem is now fixed, i didn't swap over the other pins (40 & 43) however. That being said, I've used VCDS to check the temps go to where they should on both seats and they do, so it's either not an issue, or something else is at play? Odd one.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Good point, not something I initially thought of when I figured out the power pin problem. I swapped the power pins over and that problem is now fixed, i didn't swap over the other pins (40 & 43) however. That being said, I've used VCDS to check the temps go to where they should on both seats and they do, so it's either not an issue, or something else is at play? Odd one.

Hey, if it works...

Also, where in VCDS do you check the real-time seat temps? I know all about coding the temp range parameters but didn't know you can access the live readouts...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Finally getting back to this project... because it's "cold" in Los Angeles, haha. Did you ever finish this? Looking at one of your other posts I see you drive a Golf TDI. I drive a Golf TDI S. I currently have seats in my car (from a GTD, imported) that have heating elements and I also have a retrofit harness from Kufatec that I need to install. I was/am under the impression I need the highline BCM as well.

My installed BCM is 5Q0937087Q. Had the dealer look up the replacement in ETKA and it is 5Q0937087S. ETKA shows the 5Q0937087S as the replacement for -Q and -R BCMs. You need pins A2, A5, C40, C43 and C56 for the retrofit, according to the instructions Kufatec provided with the harness I bought from them. I have pictures of my BCM, but only plug B. For some reason I, like you, was thinking I needed B43 which my -Q BCM does not have. I need to check for all the required pins on my BCM. I would love to put $350ish a new BCM will cost me into something else, like a CR190.

Did you buy the 5Q0937087S to do this retrofit? And does your 5Q0937087S have pins A2, A5, C40, C43 and C56? If so you should be good to go.

Edit: My memory is failing, I did in fact take pictures of all plugs on the BCM and I am missing the required pins on connector C. That's probably why I have these ETKA printouts showing I need to buy the -S BCM.

Oh, bummer about the BCM. I must have had a stroke of luck that my base Golf had a highline BCM. Maybe they ran out of the low line ones on the assembly line and just swapped in a high line as my car came down the line?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh, bummer about the BCM. I must have had a stroke of luck that my base Golf had a highline BCM. Maybe they ran out of the low line ones on the assembly line and just swapped in a high line as my car came down the line?
What is the part number of your BCM? And did you have other options on your Golf? I have no intention of adding fog lights but I think I'm missing footwell lighting pins as well. This will be a moot point if I grab a high line BCM. The only thing I'm worried about is paying for a new -S BCM as called out by ETKA and it not being a highline (having the pins) but instead just the latest revision of my midline. Every place I look has a no return policy for electronics once opened, and I have to open it to verify it has all the pins ?‍♂️

When is GolfMk7 going to work on Tapatalk again? I almost never check the forums on my computer but looking through entire threads on my phone is tiresome. I saw that you posted your BCM part number way earlier, guess things are different for the GSW. I'm just going to buy the -S BCM that ETKA calls out on Monday unless SKIN happens to pop in this thread over the weekend to state the -S does not have the pins.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm responding to myself because I'm excited, haha. After some Google image searching I found a picture of BCM 5Q0937087S taken with sufficiently high resolution to definitively read the pin numbers. With this picture (and some low res ones which I was 80% sure about) I am confident that the -S has the required pins for heated seats. It appears to be a highline as it has all the pins for fogs and footwell lights as well.

This jives with everything I have read from other people's experience about the dealer only selling high line modules as replacements. Mine is on order as of tonight ?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
My BCM part # is 5Q0937087AM according to OBDeleven. I verified with cell phone pics (by jamming the cell phone into that tight space between the A-pillar and the BCM) that my BCM has all possible pins, so that gave me the green light for the retrofits I've completed: fogs, footwells, chirp siren, and heated seats. (And happy to report they've all been working flawlessly... knock on wood).

Good luck with the new BCM. Does it have to be coded by the dealer or can you just paste in all the old coding from your current one?

SKIN1

Did you ever finish this? Looking at one of your other posts I see you drive a Golf TDI. I drive a Golf TDI S.

I did not finish it. I bought an eGolf and am selling everything that I had planned to install. I have it on facebook market place and am located in Michigan if anyone is interested. Two front heated seats from a trim level SE, BCM, wiring, and HVAC control panel for $1300.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My understanding is that I can code it, even before having component protection removed (at the dealer), but there are over 2,000 adaptation channels according to a BCM compare spreadsheet I downloaded from ross-tech forums (posted by DV52 I think). I would follow the advice of a member of that forum and use WinMerge to compare my ad-map to that of the new BCM but that means manually going through each of the settings to match anything that's different. Could take hours ?

I also wonder if the dealer will need to run basic settings and parameter-ize the new unit. This based on my MIB II non-nav to nav retrofit/conversion where Jack had much more work to do because I had a virgin MIB II brain and not a used one. Depending on what they quote for time I may have them go though the entire BCM replacement process. They still owe me for not setting the odometer when they coded my AID (where they only went through half the process, for reasons unknown), meaning it shows the incorrect mileage for my car. I have current coding and ad-maps that include the changes I have made for personal preference/retrofits so I can go back in and make those changes again pretty easily.

quadslo

I bought 5G0907044CF climate control to retrofit seats, but now when I press SYNC, I need to rotate the right temperature button to change both temperatures.
Is this maybe a climate control for a RHD car?
I see that 5G0907044CF exists with different numbers bellow. How to be sure that I can get the right one?

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 19.15.29.png