GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

TNI

Hi all....

I'm a guy from Sweden, which has ordered a Rising Blue Golf R, 5 door DSG with all extra's - and I don't now when it arrives, greef.......

TNI

evosaurus

Picked up my Golf Match 1.4 TSI today =D
Two issues: Would love voice control for phone and RCD 510. Also, I opted for rear badge deletion, but they only removed the trim (TSI) and not the model (Golf). Shame I only noticed when I got home, after a 60 mile trip. Have asked whether I can get it removed at a local dealer instead.

hankthetank

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

I am new to VW, my previous cars were as follows:
'90 Mustang GT
'96 Camaro Z28
'02 Nissan altima 3.5
'07 Subaru WRX

This VW is not the fastest car I've owned, but by far the most refined. It's a great pleasure driving this thing (I've had it for a month now). The car is possibly the best DD on the planet. Handling is crisp and taut, I now see why all the magazines praise this car. Not looking to put any mods in really (it's a lease) except maybe exhaust.

mrgarygnu

New GTI as of 8/30...

Hi,

New here, found this forum after getting my GTI:

2010, manual, black
18" Detroit
Bluetooth, sunroof

Love the car so far, makes the morning commute a lot more enjoyable than my old Accord did!

Attachments

• gti.jpg
    gti.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 229

EvacPilot

Hello,

Bought my new White 2010 GTI back in May, and just now enough free time to get on this site. Looks like a lot of info. Always wanted a GTI since I was a kid, so I figured why not now? Fun little car!

06vdubgti

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone,

I actually have a 2006 MKV GTI, I was to come check out MK6's site now, hopefuly that's ok wiht all of you :)

I'm Andrew, I'm the resident Vag com guy and Car Audio installation tech over on Idub.ca and on the canadian forums on golfmk5.com . And a few other sites with lots of recomendations :)

SO if anyone ever has a question regarding vag work in the Toronto area or surrounding don't hesitate to ask :)

This is my car

SnowBall GTI

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Name is Max, checking in from Richmond BC. My first car was a Volvo 850 5spd with some minor mods. But all my friends were into Hondas, so I sold my 850 and got into a 1991 integra which I went nuts with (see picture in my sig). After driving my teg for 11 years it's getting old and needs some rest. I shall be retiring it and putting it away in my garage, with hopes of slowly fixing it and making it a track car. Hopefully in the next few months I should be a happy owner of a white 5 door DSG GTI!! I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, after I decided for sure I'd be getting one!

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
Going to pick up a CW Mk6 golf tonight. I was/am a member on Golf MK5 under the same username and used to drive a UB Mk5 rabbit. Looking forward to it =)

Switching over from an RSX-S, I'm really going to miss the car, but I'm still pretty excited about the Golf.

dzl torq

Hi! Hello! My name is Shumani a.k.a DZL TORQ.

I'm a newbie in this forum.
Stumbled into it by chance while browsing and checking reviews on Golf 6 2.0 tdi, the car (2nd hand from dealer) I'm in the process of buying. Finance has been approved. Just waiting for admin work and to put on the safety film.

Really looking forward to the delivery day...unfortunately on Thursday.
Can't wait

Veinzer

Hi! my name is Mike (a.k.a Veinzer)

I'm new here, but I just picked up a brand new GTI a couple days ago, hopefully I can get some good tips from members on this site when I want to start doing some minor tuning on it next summer!

This is my first ever brand new car and I can honestly say I'm 100% happy with it!

Black pearl ext
Black leather int
Touchscreen/AUX/Bluetooth/etc
Sunroof
18" Detroit's
6 Speed manual

Last edited:

jerm

Ready to race!
Hello all. I've been a forum lurker for almost 2 months now. About 3 weeks ago I test drove an MK6 GTI and have basically fell in love with the car. I'm looking to purchase a 2011 sometime by this month or next. I hope to be part of the owners crew soon!

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum. I would like to see you guys around a lot more and hope to hear form you guys a lot more.

cathal.brady

hello all

Helloooo from Ireland.

back in a golf for the first time in 10 years having dabbled in fords and back to VAG's with two skodas vRS's

I am now the proud owner of a 2010 GTD

xerodustrial

Hi everyone!

Car ownership history: 1991 Acura Integra -> 2003 Toyota Corolla -> 2011 GTI.

I have a friend who got a Mark V GTI a few years ago, and I loved it. So when my Corolla died, I got rid of it knowing exactly what I wanted to replace it with.

My GTI is about as spartan as they come. It has DSG, and no other options at all. That's just the kind of person I am. I do intend to mod it, I just don't really know when I'll start, since I just bought it and now I'm broke as hell.

Ideally I'd like to get a nice set of performance rims on it (probably BBS), upping the boost to get some more power, and maybe bigger brakes. However, as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to slam it -- I live in Houston, and the roads here are awful, and it would be a recipe for disaster.

GTI.jpg

KATBB2010

Hello, name is Kaitlynn.

Hey my name is Kaitlynn
I'm from Frederick, MD. I have a 2010 VW Golf...wish it was a GTI but oh well. It's completely stock right now, I want to fix it up starting with 17" black rims with low profile wheels and a baby blue painted caliper...that's my first project. I love mine tho, I've never had a VW before, and I may never have anything else now, haha.

Everyone should give me ideas of how to fix up my golf eventually.