GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

lemarin

Ready to race!
Hello guys, I'm already on this forum for about 2 months and after few post I've decided to introduce myself on this thread. I'm from Quebec city, Canada and I'm 35 years old now.

I always had japaneses cars so far: 1989 Civic SI, 2001 Honda Accord Coupe, 2004 Acura TL, 2006 Honda Civic Coupe and finally I road tested in 2008 my first Volkswagen and I fell in love !

For the job purpose I need to own 2 cars, so for a while I had my 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit and my 2006 Honda Civic Coupe. Last year, I sold the Civic and replaced her with a 2009 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wagon, and few months ago I replaced my 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit with a brand new Volkswagen Golf TDI 5dr manual 6 speed Highline.

I really enjoy my 08 Rabbit since it was my firs VW, but was disapointed by the gas milleage. Now I bought the best of both world: I have the handling of the Rabbit with the best fuel milleage of the category.

Here are some pictures of my both cars:

My 2009 Passat:

My 2010 Golf:

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Hey all,
My name is Justin and I just bought my first GTI after driving my brother-in-laws MKV.
The car is a 2010 GTI and that's about it.
Hope to learn some good info from all the enthusiasts out here :)

Joel1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey,

I´m a car enthusiast from Finland. My first car was a Opel Astra, which was a nice car. Nowadays I´m driving the MKVI Golf 1.6, which is an awesome car, despite my numerous issues with the DSG transmission. My next car will be a MKVI Golf aswell, this time in Manual transmission and a minor upgrade in performance (GTI:happyanim:).

If anyone is interested in scooters (or girls:lol:), here´s a pic of when I used to work on them:

Last edited:

DukeOfFrank

Hi everyone,

My name is Francois and i'm in Monrtreal, QC, Canada.

This is my first VW. I hesitate last year to get a Jetta GLI... but this year changed my mind for a GTI :) Picking up next friday.

Always been a honda owner... until I saw the new GTI... big fan since I sat in one :)

Hope I can learn a whole lot about GTI's here.

Cheers!

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
New member and GTI owner

hello everyone, just joined the forum in anticipation of picking up my 2011 GTI. It will be the first VW i've ever owned so im somewhat looking forward to the experience of the GTI. Im originally from the UK but live in Dubai, there seems to be plenty of relevant info on here to keep me interested.

The car i'll be collecting when I get back from my business trip will be a 2011 GTi in candy white with the DSG box, all my previous cars have been manual so this will also be a change im looking forward to, i've read a lot of reviews and cant wait to drive it.

some previous cars i've owned are:

2006 Peugeot 206 RC
2002 Jeep wrangler
2007 mitsubishi Evo 9
2009 Jeep wrangler

Look forward to chatting with you guys on the forum. :w00t:

VWtribal

Ready to race!
New Guy

Hey my name is A.B. i have a 2010 GTI with APR S1,Magnaflow exhaust,and K&N air filter =)

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 250

rValenti

New GTI owner!

I just came from an 09' Rabbit aka thumper to my new 2011 GTI aka Thunderbunny

I have to say this car is so fun and Im looking foward to my first MOD hopefully by the end of the year.

Stage 1 APR ECU upgrade and possibly a cold air intake

Any suggestions to this new GTI owner

mrghost

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello. I've been following this forum for a couple weeks now and finally picked up my CW 2010 GTI the other night. I love it.

Coming from a 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i (now the wife's) and a 95 Golf GL before that. Bringing back the VW love.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I just came from an 09' Rabbit aka thumper to my new 2011 GTI aka Thunderbunny

I have to say this car is so fun and Im looking foward to my first MOD hopefully by the end of the year.

Stage 1 APR ECU upgrade and possibly a cold air intake

Any suggestions to this new GTI owner

May I suggest the BSH 27mm rear Sway Bar to you. As far as handling goes "Thunderbunny" will love you for it.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
It is underneath the car. The one in the hatch would be a Strut tower brace and afaik no one has made one yet.

masmole

Passed Driver's Ed
New 2011 GTI owner and new to the forum

sup all... posted these on vortex when we picked up the GTI last week, but just found out about this forum.

let the mods begin!

Ordered 17" anthracite goals as a winter set, ecs hatch pop mod, tinted aspherical side mirrors, and waiting on APR to crack the 2011 encryption. Also considering R-line LED tails and auto-dimming rearview mirror, but maybe I need to take it slow and enjoy the new car first...