GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

taltek

Hello all,
This site really helped me make my next car decision. Returned my leased 07-G35x and picked up my 2011 GTI 4dr/DBP/6MT yesterday. Thanks!

gebunnag

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone,
From Thailand here, just got my red MKVI GTI and its pretti awesome :D
Already posted some pic in the photos section.

Streetvw

Hello from CA! These are new forums for me. Been a VW owner for 10 years+ and just upgraded to a 2011 GTI! Figured I'd drop a line and say hello to all!

Chad@APR-Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
New the the MKVI forum but not new in the VW community. These are not my own personal cars but I did build them so that's close enough in my book.

Our first MKVI for the 2010 season #91.

The new four door that we're building for the 2011 season, number to be announced closer to registration. This is the car being weighed before we started stripping the chassis.

T3QN1K

GTI Enthusiast
Hey all. Just joined, looking to find more information about the MK6 before buying. Currently own a 04 Hyundai Tiburon. Looking forward to meeting you all and learning a lot!

Chad@APR-Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
Sweet "ride" Chad! What width RG-R do you guys run? You have to run 225/45-17 for the series right? Also, why the 4DR?

We run 17x8" in the front and 17x7.5" in the rear. You're correct about the size being restricted to the 225/45-17 Continental spec tire.

We decided to build the four door because we already have the car so it doesn't make sense to purchase another 2 door. It's also DSG and we are converting it to 6MT like the rest of our cars. (DSG is not allowed in our series at this time.)

So we have some new challenges to overcome with the build of the new car but we are looking forward to having another MKVI on track. It will be ready for the first race at Daytona in January.

jaysin1014

skateboardings all i know
My name is jaysin. Just recently joined the froum, switching over from MKV site to get on here. 24 years old, active duty military member from baltimore. First dub was a MKIII jetta 1.8t. Sold that for my MKV package one gti which i totaled in september. Now im in the MKVI world with a 2011 candy white autobahn package with all the bells and whistles and loving life. Look forward to meeting all of you and starting a fresh scene in the 6th gen community.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
One of my good friends owned a gli and I had never been in a VW before, but after riding in his car I was surprised to see how fun that car was. Ever since i've had "cravings" of owing one for myself and just recently purched my first VDUB! :) I drive a 2011 4dr white gti. I'm excited to get to work on it. I'm planning on going with apr for performace: carbonio intake, full exhaust, ecu tune (stage 1) first then maybe upgrade later, maybe different rims. 20% window tint and sound system.
If any of you guys have suggestions to what would be nice for my car I'd love to hear em!

Dr. Wombat

my first VW

hello all,

my name is kevin, and i just picked up my first VW ever, it is a 2011 GTI in carbon grey, 4door with DSG, all options except leather.

in the past, i have been a honda purist,(have a NASA prep 2005 S2000 in the garage:) However, honda just has nothing to offer these days. i only wanted a hatch, and refuse to drive a hybrid.

so.. that said, GTI seemed the clear answer.
:w00t:

Attachments

• VW.jpg
    VW.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 268

Chad@APR-Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
That makes sense. Too bad they don't let you use DSG. Would probably be nice to have on the track.

Sure would, especially for any TDI cup drivers that might want to come race with us. That would make their transition much easier and would also push APR to get into DSG tuning.

Oh well, it looks like the DSG to 6MT conversion is going to go very smoothly. Much more smoothly than going in the other direction.

njkayaker

Passed Driver's Ed
New 2011 Black 2DR GTI owner. Manual. I am currently lost in manuals. Coming from Subaru world. 2008 WRX and a 2004 Turbo Forester XT. Both were modified pretty heavy. I loved my WRX but had some issues that finally turned me off from Subaru and time for a change. Always liked the looks of the GTI and I also have an older 1999 Turbo Passat wagon.
Wanted a more refined car then what Subaru offered. The GTI should hopefully keep me happy in the fun factor.
I am sure I will be posting a lot in the future. I am trying to figure out all the features since the salesman didn't tell me much at all.
Steve (njkayaker)
http://www.njkayaker.com

makelja

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello. Just joined. I have been reading this site for some time now. I will get my Golf GTD on the 23rd of december. Tornado Red, 4dr, with a manual transmission.
I currently drive a 2007 Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG Sportline.

Last edited:

goyshahomer

Hi,
I'm Steve.
Thinking about getting a 2011 or 2012 (by the time I can) a GTI. I currently drive a 98 BMW 528i which i'm not happy with.