GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

johnnytoboggan

New member but long time lurker from Penticton, BC. I drive a 2010 Black 4dr DSG. Just put my summer wheels back on and installed my H&R supersports which have been waiting since November!

Attachments

• 195008_10150452372560144_677400143_17650643_2378475_o.jpg
    195008_10150452372560144_677400143_17650643_2378475_o.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 233

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Hello, I decided to join the forum because I'm seriously considering buying a mkvi gti 4 door & wanted to learn more about the car.

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
What's up. I'm John, from Edmonton, Alberta. Ummm....noob GTI owner. First car. I have a stock 2010 CSG DSG 2 door that I got used. Looking to do some performance modifications once I have it paid off, which will be a while. I am 17...and getting paid $9.25/hour.

DasGTI11

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello!

Just purchased a 2011 GTI 4-door in Candy White w/the 6-speed manual, Sunroof/Navigation combo and protection kit.

Have been a big fan of the GTI for years and finally decided to get one.

I had purchased an 88 Fox 2-door, 4-speed and loved how much fun it was, especially since it was so inexpensive, but never cheap. :)

Looking forward to getting back on the VW train.

Cheers!

cychan

New owner of Golf GTI from Hong Kong

:lol::lol:
New to VW Golf family, looking forward to learn more about this little car from you guy.

-=E=-

Sup all!

Bought a '11 CW GTI DSG Sun rf/Nav last week. Coming from a G35, I'm loving the MPG! For the money, Infiniti's have good value but I think the GTI is a little better ;]

v6viking

Ready to race!
Hello MKVI owners and fans....Loving the site!!

Just got my MKVI last month and I love it.

Here’s my previous car, a 2008 Civic Si, stock with the exception of a Mugen Short Throw Shifter and Mugen Shift knob:

Here's my Civic as of March 1st:

March 17th: My new GTI, Jacky, Navigation, DSG.

The Civic was a great car, but drivability of the GTI is exponentially better than the Si. Keeping the car “in VTEC” often required downshifting multiple gears ie: ( 6th gear to 3rd ) in order to get into its powerband. As you all know, the GTI is exactly the opposite…there’s torque everywhere.

Steering on the Si was very precise. The GTI is a bit more civilized, precise, but not as quick off center. Fit and finish, bells and whistles, comfort and cabin noise are all far superior in the GTI.

I loved my Si, but would never go back. I hope to line up with a stock Si some day to see how we compare. In a best case scenario for the Si I would expect it to be a close race, but waiting for the K20 Z3 to reach VTEC was torture when playing around from a roll. In most situations the GTI should have the edge.

The only mod I may add to the GTI is the APR Stage 1...I'll wait a few months before doing that.

Take care everyone....safe (and spirited) driving!!

-Matt
:thumbsup:

ReAn

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

A VW nut for many years, currently owner of a Golf R, manual.
Great site, glad to be a member.
Cheers

ArmyVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

Name is Rob i currently own a 2007 Civic Si and a 2005 Corolla XRS (dont judge me)

I am about to deploy and when i return for my mid tour leave i will be ordering a 2012 TR 5DR GTI 6spd autobahn so around eight months from now but i have wanted one of these for a very long time and im excited to be getting one somewhat soon.

Rice30

Hello all, I'm the proud owner of a 2011 United Gray GTI. I came from japanese cars, the last one being an RX8, which I really enjoyed, but man is torque nice :)

CandywhiteGTI1

Hello - I'm new to the site. I just bought my first GTI yesterday (2011), candy white, with plaid seats, sunroof, 18" detroit wheels, and so far I am having a blast. I traded my 2004 BMW 7 series, which I hardly ever drove. The GTI will be my weekend/road trip sports car. It's nicer than our 2004 Porsche Carrera - what I mean by that is it is not so intense driving the GTI, unlike the Porsche.

I drive a lot for work so all the miles are piled on my 1999 MBZ C230 Kompressor or 1988 528e BMW - both are good everyday cars. I hope to use the forums and learn from other GTI enthusiasts!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Night Owl

Hello Everyone
My first post on this site !
I have a New 2011 Golf GTD, a model that I don't believe you have in the US (?)
It looks almost exactly like a GTi but runs a (170PS) TDi Engine.
Here in the UK, Gas is the equivalent of almost $9 a gallon so fuel efficiency is kind of important to us ! But who said we can't have a little fun too !
Hope all is well with you guys and nice to meet you all !

Rockland

New to the message board. I'v been reading and following for a few weeks though. I purchased my GTI a few weeks ago and I am really enjoying it! I have had a lot of cars in my 13 years of (legal) driving. I hope to learn as much as I can provide to the people of this forum. I am engineer and work in the automotive world and I consider myself pretty handy with a car/wrench, hello to you all!!

Tmoney

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello.... just confirmed with the dealer today they found my car and my 2011 Carbon 4Dr GTI should be in my possession by the weekend!!!:D

It also brings sad news as I must part ways with my 2004 EVO VIII :cry:

Been lurking for a bit but now that I know I have the car I wanted to say hello!