GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

sharky1

Passed Driver's Ed
Newb here. Looking to grab my first car this summer. Been eyeing a Golf and was ready to thrown down my dollars at a 2011 model. It makes more sense to wait a month and throw it towards a 2012.

So soon I will become an owner of a 2012 Shark Blue TDI Golf!

So hello golfmk6, looking forward to a nice time together.

Wabbit Seasoning1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone - I'm Stew, but since I was a big fan of the Rabbit back in the day, and let's face it, the new GTI is a Rabbit on steroids, or well seasoned, and, I like Bugs Bunny cartoons, well, hence the username.

Anyway ... I'm a bit older than most folks here - 48 year old dad with three car-geek sons. We all watch Top Gear incessantly together, and my oldest son is an engineering major at University of IL, focusing on automotive engineering. He also races carts, and is in the Formula SAE program there.

This car was actually his choice - my previous ride was a 2002 BMW 330Ci Convertible - beautiful car but it hit that certain age where the cost of maintenance began to greatly exceed my desire to spend money on it.

I had picked out a nice BMW 128i convertible to buy, and when he was home on Spring Break, we went out for a day of car shopping - for him to dream, and for me to buy - so his "dream" stops were at a Subaru shop to drive a WRX, at a Hyundai shop to drive a Genesis coupe, and of course at a VW dealer to drive a GTI.

Well ... that's where the story takes the left turn. One of my first cars was a VW Scirocco - way back in 1979, and I LOVED that car - mind numbingly fun. And hopping into the GTI called all that back for me. I had so much fun on the test drive that my mind started running. We went down to the BMW dealer and I drove the 128i, and other than the fact that it's a spectacularly beautiful convertible, it wasn't nearly as fun to drive as the GTI. Add to that the incredible interior space of the GTI and well, back we went to the VW dealer to test it again. A few days later, here we are.

My intent is that when my son graduates in a few years, to just toss him the keys to this puppy and let him go. Maybe the R20 will be out then?

Meanwhile, daddy gets to drive the fun car, and fun it is.

I have autocrossed for 30 years or so, and have had a parade of fun cars that have included Mazda RX-7s and RX-8s, Acura Integras, a Porsche 944, the aforementioned BMW and a Honda, and a Mustang. No slow rides for this guy.

So looking forward to having a hot hatch again.

Not sure on mods - never been much of a "mod" guy - probably will drive it stock for a year, then if I buy anything, will be a set of extra wheels with track tires for the summer, and winter tires for the snow. And I'll for sure upgrade the brakes this summer - start with upgraded pads and stainless lines with high-temp fluid. Rotors and calipers seem good enough to start with.

Good to meet all of you.

Stew

Wabbit Seasoning1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone - I'm Stew, but since I was a big fan of the Rabbit back in the day, and let's face it, the new GTI is a Rabbit on steroids, or well seasoned, and, I like Bugs Bunny cartoons, well, hence the username.

Anyway ... I'm a bit older than most folks here - 48 year old dad with three car-geek sons. We all watch Top Gear incessantly together, and my oldest son is an engineering major at University of IL, focusing on automotive engineering. He also races carts, and is in the Formula SAE program there.

This car was actually his choice - my previous ride was a 2002 BMW 330Ci Convertible - beautiful car but it hit that certain age where the cost of maintenance began to greatly exceed my desire to spend money on it.

I had picked out a nice BMW 128i convertible to buy, and when he was home on Spring Break, we went out for a day of car shopping - for him to dream, and for me to buy - so his "dream" stops were at a Subaru shop to drive a WRX, at a Hyundai shop to drive a Genesis coupe, and of course at a VW dealer to drive a GTI.

Well ... that's where the story takes the left turn. One of my first cars was a VW Scirocco - way back in 1979, and I LOVED that car - mind numbingly fun. And hopping into the GTI called all that back for me. I had so much fun on the test drive that my mind started running. We went down to the BMW dealer and I drove the 128i, and other than the fact that it's a spectacularly beautiful convertible, it wasn't nearly as fun to drive as the GTI. Add to that the incredible interior space of the GTI and well, back we went to the VW dealer to test it again. A few days later, here we are.

My intent is that when my son graduates in a few years, to just toss him the keys to this puppy and let him go. Maybe the R20 will be out then?

Meanwhile, daddy gets to drive the fun car, and fun it is.

I have autocrossed for 30 years or so, and have had a parade of fun cars that have included Mazda RX-7s and RX-8s, Acura Integras, a Porsche 944, the aforementioned BMW and a Honda, and a Mustang. No slow rides for this guy.

So looking forward to having a hot hatch again.

Not sure on mods - never been much of a "mod" guy - probably will drive it stock for a year, then if I buy anything, will be a set of extra wheels with track tires for the summer, and winter tires for the snow. And I'll for sure upgrade the brakes this summer - start with upgraded pads and stainless lines with high-temp fluid. Rotors and calipers seem good enough to start with.

Good to meet all of you.

Stew

walshie

Passed Driver's Ed
NEWB in SO Cal

Hi all,
Just bought a 2011 Black 2 dr Manual Base model. Wanted a 4 dr manual but impossible to find without ordering. Traded a Pontiac G8 GT, which was a blast to drive but drank gas at 16mpg, so needed something fun but more fuel efficient. GTI was my only choice. So far having a blast. Dont want to spend too much on this car, came with Borla catback from delaer so will go stage 1 and maybe stage 2. Stage 2 will be expensive as i dont believe in running catless.

SteveTX

Passed Driver's Ed
My new MK6 GTI

Well Hi Folks - Until last night, I was in the MK5 forum with me lil Rabbit. Just brought home my new 11 GTI 4DR, Tornado Red (or Hootchie Momma Red, if you prefer).

Here's Libby (lousy Phone camera):

Stevemitchell

Attachments

• Libby..jpg
    Libby..jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

racingfreak

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, I'm new to the Mk6 forum, but have been a member of the MkV forum for about three years, currently selling my MkV GTI and buying a 2011 GTI Dsg, CW, 4-door with LED's, Xenons, DRL's, Sunroof and PDC

muyasa

my golf...

I'm having Turkey
2010 model golf you have a car

Features

1.4 TSİ 160 hp
DSG
Sunroof
Seat heating
Bi-xenon led

job files..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 238

Budda561

Hey I'm new to this forum I had a genesis coupe 2.0t and traded it to get a 2010 gti and just wanted to say whats up:):):)

am1w

Ready to race!
Hello form London, UK

Hi!
Just joined the forum.
:)

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The 05 Mustang GT I had was too small for my family, and the GTI made financial sense and had 4 doors while still retaining a sporty nature. No, it doesn't have the power, V8 roar or rwd I'm used to (always had V8's and rwd), but driving it is completely different and puts a smile on my face every time. More power will come soon!

Just joined, first post so hello mk6 forums!

roadrage71

Picking up my 4 Dr White 2011 GTi DSG with Autobahn today. They put a front plate on and I made them swap bumpers with another white one on their lot. First mod will be the GenTex HomeLink rear view mirror. Going to try and get the Euro windshield with rain/light sensor so I can hook up auto lights and rain sensing wipers. Then I will see how easy the Auto climate control will be to retro fit. Then APR stage 1 intake and tune, maybe a brake upgrade as well. Been about 5 years since I had a car I needed to mod, so i am excited again. Gotta get some new rims also, those Detroits are not my style, I will be 40 soon, those are for the younger buyers.

TDmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
hello,

got my first vw yesterday (used) im 19 and got the base 2010 white golf 5spd(plan to put a cold air, chip, and exhaust job)
come from a vw family (2009 passat, 2010 touareg tdi, 2008 rabbit, and my 2010 golf) my older sister is looking at a jetta or tiguan, and my little sister is getting a vw bettle for a highschool car.

started with a 1989 jeep yj, then to a 2009 Hyundai accent hatch 5spd, then 2007 toyota 4runner sr5 4.0 v6 (traded in for my golf, i like the 25 mpg when i hotrod vs 13 mpg in my 4runner)

TDmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry forgot picture only have this one right now. have been driving too much and not taking pictures!

Attachments

• MEMO0001.JPG
    MEMO0001.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 246

Thegaffer

Hey there, my name is Sam and I’m a proud owner of a new Mk6 GTi.

I'm based in Sydney and like some of the others here, I’m new to the VW world.

My previous car for 5 years was Subaru GT Premium – was a great car to own and I loved driving it, changed it to a VW due to a need for a change, I don’t regrate my choice and love my new GTi.

I would like to join a group of car owners that arrange road trips around Sydney, mostly on weekends. If you know any established groups around North Sydney or Eastern Suburbs area, let me know how I could contact them.

I’m not big on mods and like my cars stock looking clean, I have the following installed in my car.

-DSG
- 18” Huff-troits VW alloys
- Leather
- Sunroof
- Metallic Carbon Paint.

Last edited: