GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

rpjesus

hey guys!
greetings from Madrid, Spain!
Im owner 2.0tdi140cr 2012 white candy, 5 door, "sport" equivalent to highline, with xenon, rear led, sun roof and rims porto 17"

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
hey guys i'm EJ
I got my black gti about a month ago and its my first manual car :)
i love it and i've got a list of a few mods that I want to get done. The first of which are some foglight and window tint, then onto wheels and suspension. I went on a mini photoshoot recently

Hey, my name is EJ too. Welcome aboard.

E Broh

Hey everyone,

I'm Eugene, just finished up undergrad (Georgetown, for the other Hoyas out there), and I'm about to pick up my 2014 Driver's Ed 6MT in CSG when I get back home to Queens next week.

My dad and I were always into Infiniti--I had a 2007 FX35 AWD--so I originally was looking into a G37. But I happened to roll into a VW dealer and it was love at first drive. I've been reading through this forum for a week, and I already know I'll be going off the deep-end in the mod pool after I break the GTI in.

Thanks guys.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone,

I'm Eugene, just finished up undergrad (Georgetown, for the other Hoyas out there), and I'm about to pick up my 2014 Driver's Ed 6MT in CSG when I get back home to Queens next week.

My dad and I were always into Infiniti--I had a 2007 FX35 AWD--so I originally was looking into a G37. But I happened to roll into a VW dealer and it was love at first drive. I've been reading through this forum for a week, and I already know I'll be going off the deep-end in the mod pool after I break the GTI in.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the club.

We're quite fortunate to have such a great community amongst VW owners.

Yeah get redy for the mod bug. Break in wise, don't stress about it. Check out the stickied threads, get a feel for what YOU want out of your GTI. Break in is 99% done already and the 1000 mile warm up is just VW covering it's bases. I'm not saying go out and bounce it off redline but you don't need to hold back too much.

E Broh

Welcome to the club.

We're quite fortunate to have such a great community amongst VW owners.

Yeah get redy for the mod bug. Break in wise, don't stress about it. Check out the stickied threads, get a feel for what YOU want out of your GTI. Break in is 99% done already and the 1000 mile warm up is just VW covering it's bases. I'm not saying go out and bounce it off redline but you don't need to hold back too much.

Thanks for the welcome. I got this car because of how sporty it felt. lol, I live in NYC and decided I wanted to try stick for a few years.

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello every1!! My name is Eddie & I am 21 & I drive a 2011 VW GTi 4dr 6sp. Oh & its my first time having a profile in a forum so im learning as i go.

What got me into VW was when the Need For Speed Part 1 first came out, I first picked the gold and I started the game with that on ps2.
Ive never owned a VW till august 2010. Before I got my VW I was in a 1988 Toyota Supra 7MGTE, I still got the car just don't drive it no more so I passed it to my little brother. Went threw so much with the supra pulled motor out three times, but that's because i was heavy on the throttle, mainly drifted it, redline while doing that and bang there goes the headgasket. That's what i usually had to change on it.
Now that i got my VW i take care of it a lot, yes i still get on it hard but i try to take care of it as much as possible.
Now here it goes im shure yall want to know what i got done to it. Ima list the parts in order on how it started.
Evoms Intake, H&R Ultra Low Coilovers, APR Stage I Flash, Billy Boat DP w/200 cell cat, APR Fully Loaded ECU than went to Stage II+ 930ct, APR Cat-Back, VF Motor & Trans Mount, ECS Torque Insert, Stop Tech Pads, Drilled & Slotted Rotors on front only, 18x8.5 et45 Velox Flight Performance Wheels, Bridgestone RE760 sport 225/40R18, Osir Dual Gloss Black Carbon Gauge Pod 60mm, Depo Boost Gauge & Volt Meter Guages w/stepper motor, JL Audio w3v3 10'' sub w/ JL XD600 amp under driver seat, EDs replica r headlights with LED, OEM R tinted LED Taillights, Euro Switch Chrome Auto.
Future mods are K04 turbo & APR FMIC.

Thanks Guys!!

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
^Welcome Eddie! You'll learn the forum as you go. The search function blows so read LOTS of info before asking questions, please. Use google to look for things and put "golfmk6" after whatever you're searching.

How do you like the RE760 tires? I'm going stage 2 this Monday and I'd like to get those tires in the future when my Pirelli all seasons wear out or whenever I get sick of them. A friend of mine has 760's on his Nissan spec v Sentra and they're pretty damn good but I'd like to know how they do on a turbo stage 2 car with like 70 more hp and 100-120 more lb ft of torque than a spec v. :)

Eddie Nunez Jr.

Passed Driver's Ed
^Welcome Eddie! You'll learn the forum as you go. The search function blows so read LOTS of info before asking questions, please. Use google to look for things and put "golfmk6" after whatever you're searching.

How do you like the RE760 tires? I'm going stage 2 this Monday and I'd like to get those tires in the future when my Pirelli all seasons wear out or whenever I get sick of them. A friend of mine has 760's on his Nissan spec v Sentra and they're pretty damn good but I'd like to know how they do on a turbo stage 2 car with like 70 more hp and 100-120 more lb ft of torque than a spec v. :)

Thanks DasAuto1295, i shure will.
And man i love these tires, they grip really good, rain or dry they are amazing, here also smooth & quite. I would reccomend thise bridgestones, or some continental extremecontact DWS, those are awesome tires also.

EuroCustoms1

Hello Everyone!

We wanted to take a minute and introduce ourselves as we are now a Golf MK6 Sponsor. Some of you may already know us from other forums or have done business with us. For those of you who aren't familiar with us we offer our high quality exhaust systems and ECU tuning for VW, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari & Lamborghini at very competitive priceing! All of our exhaust systems and products come with a lifetime warranty. Aside from our products & proprietary software we do our best to provide the highest level possible of customer service and support to our customers and future customers! A few items we currently offer for the MK6 TSI is our 3" downpipe, turbo back exhaust and our software ranging from stage 1 to BT applications. We are constantly growing and expanding our products so please keep an eye for new releases! If you have any questions or need anything please don’t hesitate to contact us via pm, email or phone. We look forward to talking with everyone and we are pleased to be apart of the forum!

Thanks,
Ryan@EuroCustoms

eightyseven

Ready to race!
Hi, I own a 2011 4 door ug gti. And I like to party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/Boobtalk

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys new to forum and new to the platform . The name is Jimmy and from Philadelphia Pa. Currently I have a 2012 mazdaspeed3. Yea I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Will be trading in the speed for a mk6 dsg . Can't decide between the Gti or Gli. Can't do anything yet till this house settlement goes thru. In the mean time will read up and learn as much as I can. Volkswagen is pretty new to me.

GTIBex

Ready to race!
Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I traded in my 04 Focus SVT for a 2014 GTI Wolfsburg about a week ago. I have built several Hondas, but I am just to tall to fit in their drivers seat. The Prelude I had was perfect, but the RSX and civic hatch were too small. I also wanted a fast car without slapping a turbo on an NA engine. I test drove the GTI with the DSG and loved it. My local dealership was offering a lot for my Focus, so I actually bought a used Beetle R Line. I found out it wasn't actually an R Line, so I went back to the dealership and they took care of me. Probably got the lowest payment on a new GTI ever... Anyway... I have ordered a stickier set of tires and plan to go to a local SCCA event to try the GTI in a cone course on the 21st. I am going to try the DSG in fully auto and then use the paddles. I have been practicing in GT6 with my Logitech wheel. I think I have the hang of the paddle shifting. Now to try it for real. Thanks for a great community. I know I will be on the boards quite a bit.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sirbikesalot

Passed Driver's Ed
My Path to German Automotive Excellence!

Well I have been on the forum for a little while now but my life has kept me tied up and away from the one forum I belong to these days! My apologies. My name is Jake and after some years in the military (where I drove a real crappy 87 MBW 3 series and a a jap spec civic), I have finally graduated to a car I receive great pleasure from upgrading and improving, a 2011 GTI. I am currently living and working in Nashville with my girlfriend. I am moving to Atlanta with her in July 2014 and would be lying to say I am not a tad bit nervous. I moved around a bit in the USAF but now I am looking to lay down some roots and build my dream family, its coming together nicely! I thought it may be cool to show you guys the pivotal event that started the ball rolling and got me into a MK6 GTI.

Here is my 2002 Chevrolet ZR2 which was the only brand new vehicle I have ever purchased in my 32 years of existence. I had it shipped over to Spangdahlem AB and then back to the US in 2003. It was an off road machine and never once left me stranded. Until this: A drunk or careless driver plows into it one morning around 5am and then flees before I can get outside the house:(
Oldzr2.jpg

Well my offroading days are sort of over so once I got to Nashville I did a very thorough search for the right car, and I couldn't be happier with it:D

Driving this puts a grin on my girlfriend's face too!

2011GTI Nashville.jpg

Off to Atlanta we go in July, let the good times roll:thumbsup:

Sirbikesalot

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Brian I love that color on your GTI! I may vinyl wrap or plastidip my car that color someday after seeing those pictures!