GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Boner

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone help with how I would post pictures of my cars. I have pictures in iphoto on my computer but don't know how to get them on my site. Any idea's ?

mk62011

Ready to race!
Hi guys !

I am a 21 year old architect student in Montreal. I start driving at the age of 17 and got my 1st brandnew VW jetta 2006. Really nice car i like it and i am planning to get a GTI mk6 after i come back from my vacation during the summer. I tested drove the car it's insane ! Love it so much.

pmburke80

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a GTI. Time for me to go practical. I'm getting rid of my modded Mazdaspeed MX-5 in order to switch to a heavier front wheel drive car because of winters here in Saint Louis, MO. I absolutely love small and light rwd vehicles but it's time to get practical. I've driven the GTI MKV with the FSI motor and the Mazdaspeed3 but have to say I'm more of a fan of the GTI. I also like the modding possibilities.

After driving the MKVI this past weekend, I have to say I'm sold. It has the better TSI motor and the interior is far better than the MKV. So now I'm currently in negotiations for a 2010 GTI with a VW dealership here in St. Louis pending the sale of my Mazdaspeed MSM. They are offering 1.9% for 72 months and the dealer has lifetime powertrain. I'm thinking I'll go with a 2-door that is almost completely base except for a sunroof so the car will have the 17" Denvers to keep my payments down. However, I'll most likely sell them and go with a set of 18".

I've posted a question about offset and wheels in the Tires/Suspension thread.

wydopn

Hi all!

I have a candy white 2010 GTI that at 1k miles I did the APR Stage I and the Carbonio Stage I intake to.

Second week I put the stage II Carbonio intake on.

Fourth week I had Goodspeed in Scottsdale AZ create a bracket to support the Carbonio intake better (sags at the Mass Airflow Sensor which puts tension on the stage II causing it to rub), put in a 3" down pipe and Forge Twincooler and up my flash to the APR Stage II+ flash.

This week I hope to get the front and rear Hotchkis 27mm sway bars done (Goodspeed again because they rock).

I now have 3600 miles on it and I love this car!

Previous rides have been in order: 2008 Lexus ES350, 2007 4-Runner Sport, 2007 Mini JCW, 2006 Acura Type-S, 2005 Lexus IS300, 2004 Civic SI, 2003 Maxima, 2002 Sentra SE, 2001 Xterra Supercharged, 2000 Xterra, 1999 GSX-R750, 1998 TL1000S

edgary

Ready to race!
Hi all!

I have a candy white 2010 GTI that at 1k miles I did the APR Stage I and the Carbonio Stage I intake to.

Second week I put the stage II Carbonio intake on.

Fourth week I had Goodspeed in Scottsdale AZ create a bracket to support the Carbonio intake better (sags at the Mass Airflow Sensor which puts tension on the stage II causing it to rub), put in a 3" down pipe and Forge Twincooler and up my flash to the APR Stage II+ flash.

This week I hope to get the front and rear Hotchkis 27mm sway bars done (Goodspeed again because they rock).

I now have 3600 miles on it and I love this car!

Previous rides have been in order: 2008 Lexus ES350, 2007 4-Runner Sport, 2007 Mini JCW, 2006 Acura Type-S, 2005 Lexus IS300, 2004 Civic SI, 2003 Maxima, 2002 Sentra SE, 2001 Xterra Supercharged, 2000 Xterra, 1999 GSX-R750, 1998 TL1000S

Where did you get the APR stage I flash? I'm pretty close to the area and I'd like to know what your experience was.

I see that you started with motorcycles :thumbsup:

Spin Cykle

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all!

Been lurking around of the forums for the past few days and finally decided to join. Just signed the lease papers for my new GTI and I'm anxiously waiting for it to be delivered from port! Dealership is estimating the 3rd or 4th for delivery but unfortunately I'll be out of town till the 6th.

On to the good stuff. Ordered a 2010 Carbon Steel Gray 2DR 6M with a few options; Blue Tooth, Sunroof, Dyna Audio and 18" Black Karthoums. Dealer threw in a free set of rubber matts for the rough winters as well. I feel I got a great price for the vehicle and was able to use my VW Friends and Family discount and cash back incentive for the lease.

Now for a couple questions and concerns that have been driving me nuts. For all those with the Carbon Steel Gray, how do you like it? In all the pictures I've seen lurking around here, the CSG seems to change color drastically based on the lighting conditions. Some pictures it almost looks green when the sun is shinning on it, while in others it appears to be an actually dark gray color. This has me really concerned because of the Black Karthoum rim option.

Anyway, sorry for the rant and hello to the new community. I'm looking forward to meet everyone and eager to learn a lot.

Cheers,

Scott

wydopn

edgary,

I went to Beck's Performance for the stage I. They were new to doing it so it took them a really long time. I went to Goodspeed performance for the stage II and everything else. I'm really happy with Goodspeed's work and I'll be back there this Friday for more.

Swedish_GTI

Only 2 days left....

Hi all,
Now it's only 2 days left until I pick up my GTI mk6 (carbon steel gray).
The wait has been rather long....but I know it will be worth it! =)

I'm 35 years old and live in the south of Sweden. This will actually be my first VW. My "car history" looks like this:
Opel Kadette Rallye 2.0 -78
Ford Sierra 2.0 -88
Mazda Miata -88
Opel Vectra 1.8 -98
BMW 318ti -96
So yes...this is also my first new car!

I hope this forum will bring allot of fun and interesting reading!

See you "out there"...

Happy Easter! :thumbsup:

//Mats

Jahmanque23

Hi everyone, my name's JT (Miami)and I'm also completely new to the VW! Actually a Dodge guy but decided to go "cool".Bought a 2008 VW GTI as a project car, but now I'm getting fond of it. Thing is I don't know anything about mods etc. on the VW. I've seen pics over the internet such as body kits etc. Could anybody recommend a good site for these? Also want to change the headlights, went on Ebay and found me these 2008 VW GOLF GTI PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BK. Anybody have any experience with these? They seem quite cool and the prices compared to OEM are sweet. Any advice?

DBV

Passed Driver's Ed
What's up everybody! My name's Daniel, I'm in LA. This is my United Grey GTI! Currently a work in progress.

So far I only have 20% tint on the car. Coming soon: Front bumper lip, painted sidemarkers, black roof, updated interior lights and LED tails, wheel spacers and possibly springs or cup kit.

Hi everyone, my name's JT (Miami)and I'm also completely new to the VW! Actually a Dodge guy but decided to go "cool".Bought a 2008 VW GTI as a project car, but now I'm getting fond of it. Thing is I don't know anything about mods etc. on the VW. I've seen pics over the internet such as body kits etc. Could anybody recommend a good site for these? Also want to change the headlights, went on Ebay and found me these 2008 VW GOLF GTI PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BK. Anybody have any experience with these? They seem quite cool and the prices compared to OEM are sweet. Any advice?

Uh, I think you're in the wrong forum JT. :bonk:

Last edited:

edgary

Ready to race!
edgary,

I went to Beck's Performance for the stage I. They were new to doing it so it took them a really long time. I went to Goodspeed performance for the stage II and everything else. I'm really happy with Goodspeed's work and I'll be back there this Friday for more.

Thanks for that info.

Besides taking a long time to do the flash update, did they do a good job? Charged for labor? Good service? Recommended?

I don't think Goodspeed does the APR stage I upgrade, does it?

Thanks again.

chucka

Ready to race!
been on here for a little bit and still haven't done my introduction. I live in Fort Worth Texas. I'm 35 years old and have been driving VW's since late 2000.

2001 GTI
1992 GTI
1992 Jetta
2002 Passat Wagon
2006 GLI

and now my 2010 GTI, 4 Door UG Manual

Picked it up on 3/26/2010

Mods so far:
Golf Ball Shift knob
Rear Storage Tray
GTI Monster Mats
Koni Coilovers
19x8.5 Miro LM Reps

Vag Mods so far:
Disable DRL's
Disable TPMS
Disable honk while pushing lock on remote
Enable Windows up/down via remote

Future Mods:
Tint (very lite)
OEM LED tails
Factory Nav Unit (Maybe)

MGoDoubleMs

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, I'm looking to buy a new vehicle in the next 3-6 months, and have joined this forum in order to get a better feel for what the GTI is like. I intend to buy a 4-Door Manual car no matter what, and am actually developing an Automotive Sweet 16 of vehicles, where I will test drive pairs of vehicles and eliminate them based on how much I enjoy them.

Hopefully you guys can help my decision, I will try to post comparisons in the MKVI vs... forum.

terror_dactl

Hey guys my name is Brian I'm 24, and just bought my brand new MkVI GTI Black 6sp with dynaudio. Also got a 7yr 90mi warranty and oil changes every 5k miles.

Pretty stoked!

Coming from a MkIV Golf GL.

No mods yet but looking to replace my denvers with either some BBS or Enkei 18s, plus a tint. Pics on sunday after wash and polish!