GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
My thoughts exactly. :)

candywhitemk6

Ready to race!
Names Shelby, just traded my 2012 gli in for a 2012 gti stage 1.. Also have a 95 cabrio. Located in Rockland/Bergen county :) hey everyone

Blitz1

What's up guys, I'm Eric. Last Thursday I bought a 2012 United Gray Metallic GTI with 10k miles. I work at a car dealership, and we bought the guy out of his lease and put him in a new car. The deal was too good to pass up, and I was in the market for a turbo hot hatch. Perfect timing!

I've only had the car for a week, and I've already got the mod bug. I'm itching to get working on it, but it's my first car with a m/t so I want to take it slow. I'm still learning the car, and want to be somewhat decent at driving stick before pouring a ton of modifications. I'm getting a feeling for the car quickly, as I've already put 600 miles on it (and I live 8 miles away from where I work). Hopefully towards end of winter I'll be comfortable enough with the car to start working on it.

TL;DR:
I'm Eric, I bought a 2012 GTI recently and I can't wait to start working on it!

Last edited:

RynoTX

Go Kart Champion
Hey I'm the new guy.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I've only had the car for a week, and I've already got the mod bug. I'm itching to get working on it, but it's my first car with a m/t so I want to take it slow. I'm still learning the car, and want to be somewhat decent at driving stick before pouring a ton of modifications.

Welcome. That's probably an excellent idea, get real comfortable driving stick before you start doing performance mods. These clutches can not take a beating, and some people who are very experienced MT drivers have issues fairly quickly after tuning.

RynoTX

Go Kart Champion
Hey new guy, why does it say RIP after your GTI?

Fortunately for me my company pays for my personal vehicle......unfortunately my vehicle needs changed at work so had to get something else. Looking to get another VW for a weekend play toy.

Eureka1

New here

I'm from Vancouver, BC and new to the forum. Got my 2013 2.5 3 weeks ago. I already have a long list of add-ons.

enkil

Ready to race!
Hello all.. I'm new here. Currently driving a bmw e39. Looking forward to get the new mk7 gti or mk6 r. Still reading thru the forum on which will best suit me :)

Cheers

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
new guy

Thought I'd say "hi" - new guy here... I've been active on the BMW forums - my weekend car is a 2004 BMW M3 convertible (that is for sale) while I look for something with 4 doors (e90 M3, E60 M5, Audi RS4...) but I just purchased a 2010 GTI 4 door yesterday to drive while I sell mine and find a new play toy - the plan is to hand the GTI down to my daughter when she starts driving in 2 years, but I'm enjoying it so much I'm not sure about that... :)

here is my M3

I've been busy getting the GTI all cleaned up - boy was she dirty... the previous owner must not have done much other than running her through the auto wash once in a while. the paint was filthy. I knew I was in for a long night when I destroyed a clarbar just on the hood alone...

After a wash, claying x2, wash, intense polish, final polish, another wash, and wax... she is finally looking nice. Still working on all the wheels and interior.

Looking forward to being part of the community and starting to make a few changes to the car - a roof rack being one of the first.

here she is polished up:

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone!

I'm a noob, though I joined over a year ago, probably to make one wise-ass comment directed towards Bender.

At the moment I am in a '12 WRX hatch. I bought it a bit over a year and a half ago, and a lot has changed in the meantime. Suffice to say, although I absolutely love the way the car drives, it doesn't make much sense for me anymore.

So I'm currently in the market for a MK6 TDI. It seems to be an uphill battle, there aren't many 13's left and most of the 14's are DSG. Not to mention the limited run on 14's, so less incentive for dealerships to budge on pricing. I'm hopefully going to find out tomorrow if I can make the numbers work on one of these new, and if not I'll be in the market for used. Much less leery of buying a used Gold TDI than something else used, like a...like a...WRX perhaps?

I supposed I could wait for a MK7, but I'm usually not terribly interested in the first year of a redesign/new model, plus I'm losing money every day I'm still driving the WRX.

There's more to this story, mostly having to do with my reasons for switching cars after only 18 months, but I think this post is long and rambling enough for this thread. Perhaps I'll start my own thread in the near future, which will be helpful for anyone who has hours of extra time on their hands and no better way to spend it than listening...er...reading lots of posts similarly written to this one.

Cheers!

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone!

I'm a noob, though I joined over a year ago, probably to make one wise-ass comment directed towards Bender.

At the moment I am in a '12 WRX hatch. I bought it a bit over a year and a half ago, and a lot has changed in the meantime. Suffice to say, although I absolutely love the way the car drives, it doesn't make much sense for me anymore.

So I'm currently in the market for a MK6 TDI. It seems to be an uphill battle, there aren't many 13's left and most of the 14's are DSG. Not to mention the limited run on 14's, so less incentive for dealerships to budge on pricing. I'm hopefully going to find out tomorrow if I can make the numbers work on one of these new, and if not I'll be in the market for used. Much less leery of buying a used Gold TDI than something else used, like a...like a...WRX perhaps?

I supposed I could wait for a MK7, but I'm usually not terribly interested in the first year of a redesign/new model, plus I'm losing money every day I'm still driving the WRX.

There's more to this story, mostly having to do with my reasons for switching cars after only 18 months, but I think this post is long and rambling enough for this thread. Perhaps I'll start my own thread in the near future, which will be helpful for anyone who has hours of extra time on their hands and no better way to spend it than listening...er...reading lots of posts similarly written to this one.

Cheers!

Welcome! Are you really going to be alright in a TDI coming from a WRX? I'm assuming highway gas mileage is the reason you want a diesel, but that's going to be a huge step down in performance, even with the low end diesel torque... Even a GTI is a huge step down in performance from a WRX.