GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I can not quiet tell what that is.. A transmission part? Can you give a bit more detail than a photo? Thanks

Hey Hoon can we get links to where you are purchasing your parts also? Thanks
Rods and pistons will be from pagparts I believe

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Drag radials 24/7

Doubtful...daily driver man.

Then we can get DSG DIY threads!

If I break a DSG it will definitely force me to reconsider the platform as a whole.

We are definitely in the late mature phase of the MK7 curve.

This is so exciting a build!

I think in the next year or so you will start seeing a lot more people building motors. Hundreds of people hopped on the hybrid train over the last year, and as the miles rack up the bigger turbos and high boost levels will start to take a toll.

I don't care what tune you're running either.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

If I break a DSG it will definitely force me to reconsider the platform as a whole.

I think in the next year or so you will start seeing a lot more people building motors. Hundreds of people hopped on the hybrid train over the last year, and as the miles rack up the bigger turbos and high boost levels will start to take a toll.

We are just ahead of the game lol

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG

Some of us, just because we get bored. :D I'm at almost 38k on the odometer now. Going to need to borrow a truck to pick up my block. May just do it this weekend.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Some of us, just because we get bored. :D I'm at almost 38k on the odometer now. Going to need to borrow a truck to pick up my block. May just do it this weekend.
You ordered a built block

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
You ordered a built block

LOL no. I have a GTi long block that cost me free.99. I just have to go pick it up and see if there's any damage to it. I'm told it was toast, but there's no window so that's a good sign. It'll be built, though.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
LOL no. I have a GTi long block that cost me free.99. I just have to go pick it up and see if there's any damage to it. I'm told it was toast, but there's no window so that's a good sign. It'll be built, though.
Nice,