GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP issues?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Well it seems there is no ETA for 034 hpfp shipping, leading to my order was cancelled. Now I am looking at other options such as HPA hpfp but is a shame on the 034 hpfp as the price was very attractive.

I was told they were shipping the week of 4/24. I reached out the other day since I didn't see any shipping notification. Did they cancel your order or did you cancel it?

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
I was told they were shipping the week of 4/24. I reached out the other day since I didn't see any shipping notification. Did they cancel your order or did you cancel it?
Yes, FPC Euro cancelled my order since they don't have an ETA. I purchased the HPA hpfp and installed it, so far is working as expected, I am now at e60 and have not seen any issues but I need to do more testing and raise the pressure some more as I increase the E content.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Yes, FPC Euro cancelled my order since they don't have an ETA. I purchased the HPA hpfp and installed it, so far is working as expected, I am now at e60 and have not seen any issues but I need to do more testing and raise the pressure some more as I increase the E content.

I was away for a while but just got back and saw a message from EQT. Back to "no ETA" on the pumps.

How is the HPA working out so far? I have heard mixed reviews on them which was why I was hopeful 034 might've come up with something better. These pumps are the same as the HPFP that came on my last car (Mazdaspeed3) and we didn't see many issues at all with replacement internals. Replacing the relief pressure valve became a way to squeeze some extra flow out of them. Not sure why this is so hard to crack on these cars.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I was away for a while but just got back and saw a message from EQT. Back to "no ETA" on the pumps.

How is the HPA working out so far? I have heard mixed reviews on them which was why I was hopeful 034 might've come up with something better. These pumps are the same as the HPFP that came on my last car (Mazdaspeed3) and we didn't see many issues at all with replacement internals. Replacing the relief pressure valve became a way to squeeze some extra flow out of them. Not sure why this is so hard to crack on these cars.

Just curious why no one is using the Autotech one. Been great for me

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
same here.....autotech internals I picked up from Acadia ran perfectly for me. Made me make my workbench like a surgeon's table though....lol

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI

That's the route if 034 doesn't come through soon. If I wasn't still waiting on charge pipes and a TMD from EQT I would be more antsy to get the install done and tuning started but alas, I'm waiting on several pieces right now. SC's LPFP came in while I was away though so that was a nice treat to return to.

That was originally the plan but I wanted to save a few bucks on parts and install if I could. And now here we are. Isn't this how that always goes...

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
2021 VW GTI IE Stage 2+IS38 fbo

Since my switch to IS38 I have been experiencing an issue where I would loose all power almost like it went into limp mode during WOT pulls. I was told by my tuner (IE) upon sending these logs with my stock HPFP that it was “on its way out” because it was maxed out and duty cycle was at 100%. So I went ahead and purchased a preassembled unit from 034 Motorsports. Upon its arrival and install I take some more logs and upon logging I run into a completely different issue, I kept experiencing the power loss accompanied by my EPC light and throwing a code P0191, turns out the 034 was defective or something. I then go to a local shop nearby called “New German Performance” to have IE HPFP internals installed, upon logging after new install car ran great didn’t experience any power loss or anything, I sent logs to IE to confirm everything is good and now I’m being told this “With the full OEM pump, Your duty cycle was high and the pressure was not keeping up, Even with an upgraded pin the diaphragm in the pump is weak and can't hold the pressure. We believe this is the Actual pump body as it can't even keep up on pump gas.” So now they are telling me to purchase a new OEM HPFP and have the internals taken out and swapped into a new OEM unit because they believe my pump body is the issue, I have never heard of this before, I’m going to attach the datalogs from each pump. Tell me what you guys think or suggest, I am gonna order a new OEM unit in the meantime.

Logs with OEM pump
https://datazap.me/u/mk7casey/oem-pump-power-loss?log=0&data=9

https://datazap.me/u/mk7casey/oem-pump-3rd-gear-2k-rpm?log=0&data=17

Logs with 034 Pump
https://datazap.me/u/mk7casey/034-3rd-power-loss-2k-rpms?log=0&data=25

https://datazap.me/u/mk7casey/034-3rd-gear?log=0&data=9

Logs with OEM unit and IE internals
https://datazap.me/u/mk7casey/ie-internals-3rd-1?log=0&data=13

https://datazap.me/u/mk7casey/ie-internals-3rd-2?log=0&data=13

Any advise is helpful!
Not trying to be a jerk or down this thread, but your first mistake was IE. I have nothing but poor things to say about them, from actual products to customer service. Straight trash. Would probably take CTS over their garbage. Stick with a longtime reputable company/manufacturer. Any reason for not going with the Autotech HPFP? I upgraded to IS38 with a Stage 2 EQT OTS file and was running into fueling issues so I bit the bullet and went with Autotech and a true custom tune from EQT, no issues since.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Stick with a longtime reputable company/manufacturer.

What would those manufacturers be? APR? lmao... Literally every single company that makes shit for our cars gets trashed on this sub.... Autotech and EQT included... IMO a lot of times it's confirmation bias, and they end up getting a lot worse hate than deserved, its getting old....

side note: I ran an APR HPFP in my MK5 for over 60k mi, no problem...

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed

So far no issues with the HPA hpfp, I am full e85 now with a proper tune, now I am just tweaking timing and boost to take advantage of full e85. My walbro 305 lpfp is behaving so far, but this is based on a few pulls and need to do more testing with higher boost.

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
What would those manufacturers be? APR? lmao... Literally every single company that makes shit for our cars gets trashed on this sub.... Autotech and EQT included... IMO a lot of times it's confirmation bias, and they end up getting a lot worse hate than deserved, its getting old....

side note: I ran an APR HPFP in my MK5 for over 60k mi, no problem...
Well, when you buy something from a company, perhaps, an intake, and it starts rusting within the same calendar year, for instance, and their response is put some black nail polish on it, well fuck you too. Yeah, that’s IE for you. Oh and this is giving them a second chance as I had the first iteration of the carbon fiber setup and after a few weeks of going back and forth and not even realizing what pieces come with their products, was given sort of the right assembly hardware. Complete trash company. New kid on the block thinking they’ve been around for decades. I wouldn’t wish their trash on my worst enemy.

Giuseppe Busso

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
Hello guys, yesterday we all day tuned my car with my tuner.
1.8 CJSA European (8 injectors), IS38, stock fuel pumps (the low is brand new with 10K km).
Well, with the first file, we ran into a problem. At about 6400rpm with 1.65bar charge air pressure, i had cut. The HPFP dropped from 200bar to 155.
We lowered the pressure at this level of rpm's to 1.5bar (alongside with more lean AFR). After many logs and runs before and after, we had no cuts with 1.5bar.
My question is how to be sure about my high pressure fuel pump?
Milage 60K km

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Hello guys, yesterday we all day tuned my car with my tuner.
1.8 CJSA European (8 injectors), IS38, stock fuel pumps (the low is brand new with 10K km).
Well, with the first file, we ran into a problem. At about 6400rpm with 1.65bar charge air pressure, i had cut. The HPFP dropped from 200bar to 155.
We lowered the pressure at this level of rpm's to 1.5bar (alongside with more lean AFR). After many logs and runs before and after, we had no cuts with 1.5bar.
My question is how to be sure about my high pressure fuel pump?
Milage 60K km
Is the pump stock?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What fuel are you running? The stock pump should be good with an IS38, until E30ish. But the pump on the 1.8T might be less capable of flow than the 2.0T ones, that I am not sure of.