Giuseppe Busso

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR

golfRdaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17R / 16R
No issues with my HPA hpfp, when I was stage 2 IE Flex fuel it only cut out if I ran pure e85. When I would throw a gallon or two of regular gas with the e85 it never had a hiccup.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
That one. It also failed literally everyone else that used it. I think Oscar the grouch aka @scrllock said,if you have an hpa hpfp on your car and you have a problem. It's the hpfp.
fwiw at least the failures are very front-loaded. if it makes it past like 5k miles, you're probably golden. the advantage to the HPA is that when it fucks up, you're warrantied AND still have your stock hpfp to swap to.
if I had to avoid MPI for some reason, I'd rank them like this, price aside:

1) nostrum - their hpfp valve solenoid is nicer and has better control over the relief valve at high rpm. plus pre-assembled, lifetime warranty.
2) APR - fully-assembled and has an upgraded spring to combat valve float the proper way.
3) IE - some nice perks over the autech internals, their tool is nice. but still DIY.
4) HPA - it's pre-assembled and at least the failure mode isn't catastrophic.
5) autech internals - literally the bare minimum.
6) actually no 034 is the bare minimum - if you trust 034 with your fueling you need your head examined. clearly bottom-bid aliexpress units

golfRdaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17R / 16R
That one. It also failed literally everyone else that used it. I think Oscar the grouch aka @scrllock said,if you have an hpa hpfp on your car and you have a problem. It's the hpfp.
Good to know, lucky I got mine for free. Mine leaked from the MPI adapter plug and they wanted me to buy a special tool to fix it. I had to shave down a socket to fit it.. so I could tighten it. Disputed it with paypal and was refunded. Not sure if I've put 5K on it yet.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
fwiw at least the failures are very front-loaded. if it makes it past like 5k miles, you're probably golden. the advantage to the HPA is that when it fucks up, you're warrantied AND still have your stock hpfp to swap to.
if I had to avoid MPI for some reason, I'd rank them like this, price aside:

1) nostrum - their hpfp valve solenoid is nicer and has better control over the relief valve at high rpm. plus pre-assembled, lifetime warranty.
2) APR - fully-assembled and has an upgraded spring to combat valve float the proper way.
3) IE - some nice perks over the autech internals, their tool is nice. but still DIY.
4) HPA - it's pre-assembled and at least the failure mode isn't catastrophic.
5) autech internals - literally the bare minimum.
6) actually no 034 is the bare minimum - if you trust 034 with your fueling you need your head examined. clearly bottom-bid aliexpress units
And here i thought the Autotech was the gold standard.