GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport Master Cylinder Brace

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have this installed?

I've been going insane the last couple of months thinking I had a subframe or other suspension clunk. I even installed the Tyrol Subframe bushings because of it...

I finally figured it out it was this master cylinder brace. Since it is pressed against the MC when the body flexes going up driveways or on small bumps it shifts and clunks on the MC. Anyone else have this issue? Sounds terrible. I did add more pressure to the brace and it does not do it as much now but it still is there.

The instructions were to snug the MasterBracket foot against the MC by hand as tight as possible. From there add an additional 1/4 turn to tighten it more agains the MC.

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
I just had it installed today by NGP in Lorton, VA.

On stock brake setup, I honestly didn't feel much difference with pedal feel or stopping power with less pedal travel. The pedal action seems to give me a 'confident' feel when braking and I may not have tested it enough. I was expecting a significant difference, so maybe it is an expectation issue from my part.... cheers!

No noise or clunk whatsoever from the brace.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
:yikes:

No way you're replicating this to work with the OEM battery box or apply safe pressure against the master cylinder for less than what Tyrol sells theirs for. Also, we don't need anyone else copying or reproducing their hard work and engineering.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Lol, I'm just saying, why re-invent/copy a proven high quality design... TyrolSport has created new market products for our platform, we need to continue supporting them in order to make these ventures worthwhile.

haha. Yeah I get that. But in all honesty, the prices on most of the products these companies make are just insane. I'm just frugal I guess. :iono:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
haha. Yeah I get that. But in all honesty, the prices on most of the products these companies make are just insane. I'm just frugal I guess. :iono:

If you haven't seen their products in person, I see your point but I am huge advocate of TyrolSport and some of my favorite high quality upgrades have come from the TyrolSport product line. As I’ve said over and over before, it truly amazes me that TyrolSport produces seemingly small vehicle solutions which make the largest impacts. First, they look to perfect several aspects of a vehicle in house by determining root causes and ultimately how they can improve it. From there they spend countless hours and shop dollars to engineer and refine their prototypes. TyrolSport then tests their prototypes on the street and track before launching a perfected version of their solution to the enthusiast market.

It’s companies like this that I will be the first one in line for their latest products and add pure value to the marketplace. Ever since I sat down with Mike and Greg to hear about the development of their front subframe deadset collar kit, I knew that TyrolSport would strive to continue producing only the highest quality products. After the R&D, prototypes, salary hours and stress to achieve perfection, I feel their products are absolutely worth the price and the guarantee of tangible performance gains. Produced in the USA and developed from in-house platform testing, I’ve grabbed every product they offer.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear some positive feedback about the brace as I have this on my "to buy" list.