GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I GOT MY FAST!!!!!

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
swami said:
A word of advice to the pissed off peeps. This type of thing usually triggers off the warranty registration of the vehicle. I sell motorcycles, and the owner does all of the warranty registrations. He's in and out of the dealership and is known to wait until he has a pile of them. Then he sits down and does a stack of them, goes out of town again, etc. The good thing is, your warranty doesn't start until it's registered. It's a common dealer practice. They hate to register a vehicle today, only to find out tomorrow, that a dealer rebate pops up. I'm guessing that everyone that buys an 06 is gonna get one, at least that's what I hope, as I haven't got mine yet.:iono:

From the looks of it, they were JUST sent out yesterday via UPS ground from OH. So, depending on where you live you can probably make out the usual shipping time of UPS ground.

It's gonna take about 7-10 days to get to me in CA.

swami

Go Kart Newbie
That's provided your dealer registered your car at the purchase date. Some do, some don't. If there's a 6-8 week delivery on the fast and your dealer waited 2 months to register it...see what I'm getting at? I'm just lettin you in on my experience regarding this type of promo.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
swami said:
That's provided your dealer registered your car at the purchase date. Some do, some don't. If there's a 6-8 week delivery on the fast and your dealer waited 2 months to register it...see what I'm getting at? I'm just lettin you in on my experience regarding this type of promo.

Yeah, but the thing is that I haven't heard of anybody getting their fast in the last 2 months. Zero, nada, none, nobody. But today I've read about two people receiving their fast and they are both from OH area. That makes me think that VW has just started sending them out.

But yeah my salesperson even called me two weeks ago and asked if I have gotten my fast yet and that he'll "stay on top of it" and make sure I get it.

swami

Go Kart Newbie
RJS5689 said:
I called to register my VW 3 days after i bought it :-D
I don't think you registering is the same as the dealer. They have a dealer site that they register the vehicle to the owner that purchased it. I've seen warranty claims filed and the car isn't even registered yet. From the sounds of it though, seems like VW was late getting these, and hopefully all is well from here on out. I hope everyone get's their FAST soon.:cool:

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
I think people are confusing registering a car...and the dealer reporting the car as sold to VW. The dealer will register your car right away, but it can take a week or so before they report it to VW as a sold unit. So there can be a few week delay between the 2.

bilbos

On the Kop
drbubble33 said:
how much can you buy those for? or are there a limited amout? because im about to buy a my gti in july. such a longgg wait.

They are not supposed to be for sale yet and are in a limited supply. Some unscrupulous b*stards have put them on EBay and the last time that I looked they were selling in excess of $400. Better to wait IMO.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
my car is over 4 weeks old and no fast.

however i just called the vw club to register and without asking she said i would be recieving one. everyone should register, maybe that helps the process along