GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I guess I'm an a$$hole

SAbroSO

Das Captain
So, here is the break down. About 3 weeks ago i took the step kids to McDonalds. On my way out of Mcdonals someone backed out of their parking space and hit me. That person offered me $200. I went ahead and took the money. No insurance info was exchanged. Turns out the damage was, well, there wasn't any. I got $200 for nothing. So i decided with that extra money i would buy wifey an Xmas present. So i go to Best Buy and get her a Tom Tom. Lots of cool features. Shortly after i buy it, we have friends over. One of them brings over a stray dog. They found it on their way over. As the night goes on I made the mistake of saying "the dog was cool" and if the owners didn't claim it i was tempted to keep it. Mind you, I am not cazy about pets. All of a sudden it got wifey and the kids begging for a dog. I have stood my ground and said i don't want pets, much less a dog in the house.

Christmas Eve. We have friends over, have some drinks. Then midnight hits. The kids are free to open theirir presents. Wifey finds a present from me. Opens it and acts disappointed that that was the only gift i got her. She wanted a dog and was hoping that I got her a dog for xmas.

Am i wrong to feel that my present was unappreciated? I had stood my ground on the fact that i didn't want any pets. I buy her a Nav system and its not good enough.

We ended up getting into an argument over the fact that i didn't get her a dog. Not exactly the way i wanted to spend Xmas eve. BTW we had guests over. I felt like an ass. But at the same time i don't think i was wrong in any way. I told her from the begining that i didn't want a dog.

Am i wrong?:iono: Am i an A$$hole?

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
well your not wrong because if you dont want a dog, why should you suffer....... and what u said from the biggining but i dont see why it is such a big deal but hey its diff. for diff. people... i dont see your actions as an asswhole but i'm not your wife..... just my $.02

SAbroSO

Das Captain
you sound like a dude, and i'm glad you're not my wife. :biggrin: thanks for the input though. :w00t:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Your wife is wrong. She worked herself up in her head that she was getting a dog. She should have respected you in that you didn't want one, but instead made you out to be an asshole onfront of your guests.

Christmas is about giving.....she gave you grief. put the Tom Tom in the Dub. :biggrin:

SAbroSO

Das Captain
. put the Tom Tom in the Dub. :biggrin:

i would.... but i want the Pioneer Avic-z1 in my dub rather than her Tom Tom.

BTW. You should be heading home soon right?

I will be on my way out soon. 15 months. Yay!?! Not crazy about it buy, its in the contract.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
i would.... but i want the Pioneer Avic-z1 in my dub rather than her Tom Tom.

BTW. You should be heading home soon right?

I will be on my way out soon. 15 months. Yay!?! Not crazy about it buy, its in the contract.

good call. let her keep her little tom tom.

I'm outa here in 32 days man. but, who's counting? :wink:

I don't envy you a bit man. I wouldn't want to spend 15 months over here.

SAbroSO

Das Captain
15 months, sucks mucho nutz

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
thats the price we pay man. those that never serve will never understand.

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Sounds like we're married to the same woman. :help: "Get me what I want. Not what you want to get me."

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Install the TomTom,

Program the address for the dog shelter,

Have her take a mystery 'test drive,'

Have them go adopt a pup. If you guys can take care of it, it's one of the best things you can do for your faimly. Your wife will feel safe at home, your kids will learn good values, and you'll get instant herostatus, and hey - I'll bet you'll come to love the dog.

:)

* Please adopt, don't buy form breeders.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Take her Tom Tom back and give her the money. Tell her do use it as part of a down payment on an apartment, where she can keep her own fucking dog if she wants one so bad.

Am I a ladies man or what?

smolinski21

Forever like etc...
^ Haha....couldn't have said it any better myself!! So, it is statements as such that get the ladies, huh? Damn, I've been doing it all wrong.

Last edited:

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!