GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just ordered a GTI 40th Anniversary

jenkins

Two red automatics 150mi.. Hard to find a Red 6sp. Guess it's a daily search. The last three I found in past two weeks were all sold when I called. I was able to order a 392 Dodge exactly how I wanted, and delivered in 10 weeks. Stellantis doesn't seem to have a chip problem.
I just wonder why VW you can't order..
I had to call around until I found a dealership that would place orders. I just took delivery of mine, red 6MT, a couple weeks ago, only three months after I had placed my order. I think VW corporate only approves orders for certain well-performing dealers since GTIs are allocated based on volume sold, or so I've been told.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
I had to call around until I found a dealership that would place orders. I just took delivery of mine, red 6MT, a couple weeks ago, only three months after I had placed my order. I think VW corporate only approves orders for certain well-performing dealers since GTIs are allocated based on volume sold, or so I've been told.
thats not the case

Razzman93

Well, I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a new 40th Anniversary GTI 6-speed. It should arrive by the end of May. I'm pretty excited (obviously). Anyone on the forum have this trim? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm debating whether to chip tune it. Any thoughts on Stage 1 tuning on the MK8?

Thanks!

Razzman93

Well, I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a new 40th Anniversary GTI 6-speed. It should arrive by the end of May. I'm pretty excited (obviously). Anyone on the forum have this trim? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm debating whether to chip tune it. Any thoughts on Stage 1 tuning on the MK8?

Thanks!
I got a 40th Anniversary without even asking for it. I took my 2015 GTI in for a major service at the dealership and the found one just sitting on the lot. For the first week I was pretty much in shock like what did I even do. Mine is a DSG, tornado red. Once the shock died down I started appreciating it alot more. Since it's has the S infotainment it's livable. But anything is better than the 2015 infotainment I lived with for the past 3 years.
Still deciding what to do mods wise. I have an 034 RSB which I bought for my MK7 and I found out that fits the mk8. Might throw that on and set of lowering springs and get used to it. Any suggesting on what lowering springs work best with DCC dampers?
PXL_20230618_151937649.jpg
PXL_20230612_200103099.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230612_200110211.jpg
    PXL_20230612_200110211.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230612_200041766.jpg
    PXL_20230612_200041766.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 43

Storch

Go Kart Champion
I got a 40th Anniversary without even asking for it. I took my 2015 GTI in for a major service at the dealership and the found one just sitting on the lot. For the first week I was pretty much in shock like what did I even do. Mine is a DSG, tornado red. Once the shock died down I started appreciating it alot more. Since it's has the S infotainment it's livable. But anything is better than the 2015 infotainment I lived with for the past 3 years.
Still deciding what to do mods wise. I have an 034 RSB which I bought for my MK7 and I found out that fits the mk8. Might throw that on and set of lowering springs and get used to it. Any suggesting on what lowering springs work best with DCC dampers?
View attachment 284432
beautiful car man, the best color (mines the same spec lol). im going with racingline springs that work well with dcc, just make sure you reset the dcc/align it when you have it done (kw also makes a really nice dcc setup if you wanna get crazy)

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Just picked up my GTI 40th anniversary edition from Brandon VW here in FL. Mine is dark grey with the 6 spd manual. It’s my fourth GTI!

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpeg
    IMG_1022.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1023.jpeg
    IMG_1023.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66