GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm bored throw some ideas at me..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Believe it or not porsches are actually pretty damn reliable; BMWs aren't, esp Ms. That M6 is a terrible car to own. It needs a 3k clutch job every 40k miles... it gets 12mpg and it has a V10 that is made of glass and uses 10w60 BMW oil that costs $15 a quart. Fak that...

The cayman can get a walmart battery... it uses $25 a jug walmart mobil 1 and I can do most of the items myself...

Bozz

Go Kart Champion

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Believe it or not porsches are actually pretty damn reliable; BMWs aren't, esp Ms. That M6 is a terrible car to own. It needs a 3k clutch job every 40k miles... it gets 12mpg and it has a V10 that is made of glass and uses 10w60 BMW oil that costs $15 a quart. Fak that...

The cayman can get a walmart battery... it uses $25 a jug walmart mobil 1 and I can do most of the items myself...

This is true. They're nowhere near as bad as BMWs.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

Time to shop/close a deal and have some fun!

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
This is true. They're nowhere near as bad as BMWs.

Especially M cars. The CarMax M6 has one advantage though. The warranty you can purchase to go along with it, for probably $2k additional cost. Covers everything.

However, it would be a royal pain in the ass to own. Its nearing the 50k entire suspension overhaul phase. And at 6 years old I'd start to get a bit concerned about coolant lines, radiator, water pump, etc.

4 owners too. That should say something about the car...

sgmsmg

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if you decided on a Golf R or Cayman yet but if you decide to pursue the Golf R route I will be selling mine soon. 2012 CSG 4 Door with sunroof/Nav. 20K miles stock except for full front Xpel wrap, OEM LED Tails, Weathertech floor liners, Thule rack and Gentex Auto dim mirror with Homelink. Car has been well cared for, oil has been changed every 5k. Still under factory warranty. Just doing some quick price comparisons, $28k seems like a fair price. Only reason I am selling is because I am downgrading to an Outback for the added ground clearance. Car is located in Oregon.

Good luck with your search either way.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:lol:
Especially M cars. The CarMax M6 has one advantage though. The warranty you can purchase to go along with it, for probably $2k additional cost. Covers everything.

However, it would be a royal pain in the ass to own. Its nearing the 50k entire suspension overhaul phase. And at 6 years old I'd start to get a bit concerned about coolant lines, radiator, water pump, etc.

4 owners too. That should say something about the car...

There is no way a sane company will sell a 2k warranty for this car. It'll likely be 4-5k and have a $150 per visit deductible or some crap. Anyways...

I am a little bummed that blue r sold... It was a decent deal even at asking price

Last edited:

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
:lol:

There is no way a sane company will sell a 2k warranty for this car. It'll likely be 4-5k and have a $150 per visit dedductoble or some crap. Anyways...

I am a little bummed that blue r sold... It was a decent deal even at asking price

The carmax monkeys likely won't pay attention. Unless it's flagged in "the system", it may not cost that much. You could make out like a bandit with a Carmax warranty on a car like that...but then you'd have to drive that car... :yikes:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
For those saying I don't buy cars...

Since 2011
2011 Sold 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2011 Bought 2011 Golf TDI
2011 Sold 2002 C5 Corvette
2012 Bought 1969 Pontiac Firbird
2012 Sold Pontiac Firebird
2013 bought 2001 M3
2014 Sold 2001 M3

I can last at most 1 year without a performance/Project car. I sold the m3 in Feb of this year... so clock is ticking hard...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
http://kinja.roadandtrack.com/power...-cayman-s-vs-corvette-z51-1649016415/+pgeorge

Interesting comparison. It is interesting how the M3/4 becomes less and less appealing to me over time.

I also find it interesting that porsche tends to send insanely optioned testers to mags only to have them bitch about it. From what I found on the used market is that most porsches are equipped without the myriad of options that make them completely priced out of the competition.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If I had GS_GTI balls deep money...

Cayman GTS
$75,200
Packages
Convenience Package
P9A
$900
Exterior Color
Sapphire Blue Metallic
N1
$710
Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara®
GW
$0
Exterior
Rear Wiper
$360
Performance
Manual Transmission
$0
Wheels
20" Carrera S Wheels
$0
Interior
Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
P04
$0
Seat Ventilation
$730
Interior Alcantara®
Roof Lining in Alcantara®
$0
Audio and Communications
BOSE® Surround Sound System
$700
Total Price*
$79,595

80k... but arguably the best drivers car for the money (at least to me) 2950 lbs... 345hp

Equally equipped corvette

MSRP1 from $63,160
Destination Freight Charge $995
Options
Night Race Blue Metallic $0
Gray, Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces $0
19" front/20" rear, Z51 5-split spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels $0
6.2L V8 DI engine Standard
7-speed manual transmission $0
Chevrolet MyLink®1 Radio $0
Competition Sport bucket seats $1,995
Carbon fiber interior trim Remove $995
Options Total $2,990
Total MSRP $67,145

12k cheaper... damn

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

Holy shit!!!

http://kinja.roadandtrack.com/power...-cayman-s-vs-corvette-z51-1649016415/+pgeorge

Interesting comparison. It is interesting how the M3/4 becomes less and less appealing to me over time.

I also find it interesting that porsche tends to send insanely optioned testers to mags only to have them bitch about it. From what I found on the used market is that most porsches are equipped without the myriad of options that make them completely priced out of the competition.

id take e92 over the current gen anyday of the week. because naturally aspirated and worlds less hassle on maintenance financially vs e46

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Current gen...
spins rod bearings...
uses the same stupid ass race oil..
gets insanely shitty mpg...
still cracks subframes...

At this point I am completely over M products... they are good for 0-50k miles when you buy the cars new... anything after that is a total fking crapshoot unless you bend over and take it up the ass with a CPO purchase that costs 10-15k more than private party.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Current gen...
spins rod bearings...
uses the same stupid ass race oil..
gets insanely shitty mpg...
still cracks subframes...

At this point I am completely over M products... they are good for 0-50k miles when you buy the cars new... anything after that is a total fking crapshoot unless you bend over and take it up the ass with a CPO purchase that costs 10-15k more than private party.

my guess is that m's are only worth to own if its not your only car or daily driver, unless new