GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tos

Go Kart Champion
I have the update 1896, whitout the upgrade I can’t see the maps in the copckit, however, is this normal? The blurry in maps? Or not?
You must activate it at first from the infotainment map screen. Settings button and showp maps in cluster panel or something....

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
I can report that even with the new male voice it still thinks Reading is pronounced as in reading a book.

Alanedg

My Golf Style 2020 has now been in the garage for over a month for a software change. Not only is it still not fixed but i know I won’t be driving it again for at least a couple more months. On this occasion I can’t blame VW. I slipped on a tiny bit of petrol on a garage forecourt and managed to break my leg in 2 places!

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Great to see positive results - at last! All good with me so far and maps in cluster is my favourite configuration.

View attachment 251767

Just a recap of what was fixed / added / updated in my case
  • Nav map in cluster option
  • Unlock on approach from side now fixed
  • Comfort lights switch on when approached
  • IS operation appears to be faster
  • Touch / Sliders appear to be disabled when using IS screens
  • Wireless Android Auto connectivity option - but in my case audio only because my phone is AA version 10 and doesn't fully support wireless connectivity
  • We Connect and Primary user all good, Internet radio, Shop etc activated and software updates being received OTA - only minor ones so far
  • No error messages to date
  • Navigation database has updated OTA to 22.4 very recently

Does this mean that all MK8 models will have Wireless AA? I read somewhere that Wireless AA was not available to the first models (until mid or late 2020 or something).

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Does this mean that all MK8 models will have Wireless AA? I read somewhere that Wireless AA was not available to the first models (until mid or late 2020 or something).
Mine was built at the end of August 2020 and since the update Android Auto wireless has worked well since the 1896 update.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
Great to see positive results - at last! All good with me so far and maps in cluster is my favourite configuration.

View attachment 251767

Just a recap of what was fixed / added / updated in my case
  • Nav map in cluster option
  • Unlock on approach from side now fixed
  • Comfort lights switch on when approached
  • IS operation appears to be faster
  • Touch / Sliders appear to be disabled when using IS screens
  • Wireless Android Auto connectivity option - but in my case audio only because my phone is AA version 10 and doesn't fully support wireless connectivity
  • We Connect and Primary user all good, Internet radio, Shop etc activated and software updates being received OTA - only minor ones so far
  • No error messages to date
  • Navigation database has updated OTA to 22.4 very recently
The only thing I don't like is that the map in the cluster sometimes looks very blurry, does it happen to anyone else? @Massimo 2323

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Mine was built at the end of August 2020 and since the update Android Auto wireless has worked well since the 1896 update.
On my vehicle info says "Production Date: 23.07.2020" and "Delivery Date: 06.08.2020". Hopefully will work. I have my appointment next week on the 23. I hope for no issue like the ones that I read here.

Also.. Does anyone else have this wird issue with AA where there is no Sound coming from any AA app? No spotify audio, no maps audio, nothing. Presing the volume Button just pops up the volume slider on the dashboard but it does not increase or descrease volume. When this happens I have to disconnect my Phone, turn the car off, open and close the Door and finally lock the Door and wait a few minutes. Then normally it works fine. Very annoying.

Last edited:

M|W

Also.. Does anyone else have this wird issue with AA where there is no Sound coming from any AA app?
I frequently experience this with CarPlay. My workaround is to switch to radio (sound comes on) and then back to CarPlay (sound stays on).

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Never experienced this (In my case AA is cable connected) Rather than go through that sequence described, have you tried rebooting the IS - touch and hold the the on / off "button" for about 10 seconds. This may clear any errors. BTW the same acts as a mute for sound - just a light touch.
Mine is also cable connected. Tried that and it doesn't work.
I frequently experience this with CarPlay. My workaround is to switch to radio (sound comes on) and then back to CarPlay (sound stays on).
Doesn't work for me. The radio works fine but when I switch back to AA nothing.

Hopefully it will be fixed with this update.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Thought that might help, just a final word on rebooting, full reboot is when the screen goes blank - past the clock display, I know someone who released the power button at that stage (clock display) and thought they had rebooted.
To be honest I don't know if I actually did that. Will try that if it happens again.

Cactus49

Never experienced this (In my case AA is cable connected) Rather than go through that sequence described, have you tried rebooting the IS - touch and hold the the on / off "button" for about 10 seconds. This may clear any errors. BTW the same acts as a mute for sound - just a light touch.
This works for me, I have an issue on my wireless carplay - the display comes up completely black. Sound will play but nothing on the screen. I cant even disconnect the iphone in settings as it gives an error. I can still use the cars built in interface however. I emailed vw with this and some other smaller bugs in hope they'd fix them..

I wonder if the software update I've read about a few pages back could fix this? Currently in my 2020 style:

Part number: 5H0035816
Hardware: H56
Software: 1668

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the cars been updated for a couple of weeks now and been fault free until tonight...
Upon start up I was presented with approximately 10 - 12 different faults which I assume must be part of the start up diagnostic check the car does ranging from park assist, front assist, auto hold, travel assist, lane assist, steer assist and to many more to list. All cleared themselves within 30 seconds apart from stop start that was unavailable for the entire journey. ☹️

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes it's a worry especially considering the manufacturer's warranty runs out in September next year, there will come a point where I'll have to decide whether I'm going to chance it and see if it improves or whether to get rid for something non VW and hopefully something that works.
😲 Hopefully it was a one-off glitch, looks like all I had experienced with a few more added - all in one event! Hearing this puts the red flags up in my mind though.