GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Lewb

Early days but I was getting constant parking manoeuvring and parking distance errors when starting the car every one in three times I turned the car on (if I turned the engine off they would go)

And I haven't had one since installing the update over a week ago.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
My car, '21 1.5 6sp Style, started switching headlights to drive on the right again & refused accept changing back to driving on the left. Found to press already 'car-selected' on drive on the right THEN drive on the left, the car will alow it to change. But changes back itself each time it is stopped, oh well....

Last edited:

I-A

Performed the update from 1899 to 1941 following post 65, using a double sided USB stick.

I left the ignition on and came back 30 minutes later and it was complete. You are presented with a summary screen too.

Not sure if anything has changed, not been for a drive yet.

subby26

My car, '21 1.5 6sp Style, started switching headlights to drive on the right again & refused accept changing back to driving on the left. Found to press already 'car-selected' on drive on the right THEN drive on the left, the car will alow it to change. But changes back itself each time it is stopped, oh well....
What software version?

I-A

H
There is TPI if OTA updating fails.
TPI 2070058/*
TPI 2070082/*

If the software update cannot be performed because the radio-navigation system repeatedly switches on - and off
again (reset loop), the device has to be replaced according to the ⇒ repair manual/parts catalogue. Note that in the
case of replacement of the device the costs cannot be accounted on this TPI.
How do you find out about these TPIs? Potentially being naive, but I'm guessing they are not really publicly available. If you had ODIS, could you access the TPIs? Or is it ErWin for that? (For VWAG approved independent garages).

Thank you

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the software updated to 1941 yesterday from 1890, I prompted the dealer to perform the update, with video evidence, quoting the TPI 2070082/1 referenced by Massimo. The faults I listed were as follows

1. Random rebooting of infotainment unit
2. Following reboot ACC oscillates between MPH and KPH (requiring ignition off/on to resolve)
3. Random flickering/black screen on rear camera

Too early to see if it has cured anything, no obvious initial changes apart from visual changes to radio logos as previously mentioned by other users. I will give an update in a few weeks.
A quick update to the above software update from 1890 to 1941 in October. The three issues, for which the 1941 update was carried out, appear to have gone and have not returned. Whilst this is good news, the litany of faults I have had with the vehicle over three years has left its mark and I constantly await the next bong or warning sign on the dash. I like the car a lot but my confidence in it had been sadly eroded away.

tos

Go Kart Champion
H

How do you find out about these TPIs? Potentially being naive, but I'm guessing they are not really publicly available. If you had ODIS, could you access the TPIs? Or is it ErWin for that? (For VWAG approved independent garages).

Thank you
Yes, they are from Erwin.
Just register and pay approx. 10 euros for one hour, and you can print pdfs...

Reactions: I-A

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
Hello Folks:

I'm new here in the forum community. I just picked up a 2024 Golf GTI 'Performance' trim (the top Canadian spec) yesterday, this to replace my 2015 Golf Highline. I've read the last 10 pages or so of this infotainment software discussion, and would like to ask for some assistance - the 'wisdom of the group' to help me figure out if I have the most recent infotainment system software & the most up to date maps in my vehicle.

I don't know when my vehicle was built, but I suspect it was probably built quite recently (Sept-Oct-Nov 2023) because it only arrived at the dealer two weeks ago.

Below is a picture showing the status of my infotainment system. It is the fancier of the two systems available in North America, the radio without the volume knob.

My questions are:
  1. Do I have the most recent infotainment software for the NAR (North American Region)?
  2. Do I have the most recent set of navigation maps (the navigation database) for the NAR?
I visited the VW North America map update website and found very little useful information there. I was able to download what is supposedly the most recent navigation database update, but it has the rather cryptic file name "NAR_6PR053_FCT3WS-201H0_Offline_Update" and there is no information provided anywhere to explain the date of this update. Looking inside the 18.7 GB package, I see that almost all the files are dated 2021, so the last thing I want to do is install this and find that I have reverted my nav database from 22.6 (implying June 2022) to something from 2021.

Concerning the infotainment software, I have version 1939, I have seen mention here in this discussion of a 1941 version. Is that 1941 version applicable to NAR vehicles? Is it a significant release, or is the difference between 1939 and 1941 not worth worrying about?

Lastly, when I look at the picture that fellow member WhyAiden posted as an attachment to his post #1389 in this discussion, I see that he has a navigation database dated 23.11, implying November 2023. Is this a NAR release, or has WhyAiden posted a picture of a European vehicle?

Any advice that more experienced forum members could give me would be appreciated.

2024 Golf GTI 'Performance', Canadian specification
Infotainment Software Dec 2023.jpg

I-A

Yes, they are from Erwin.
Just register and pay approx. 10 euros for one hour, and you can print pdfs...
Hi Tos,

Thank you for your response.

So I can log in and access the TPIs? Is it under the vehicle specific option?

Thank you

hknakcyr

I heard that the 1805 version was released after the 1776 version of the 2 knob multimedia. Does anyone know about this version?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
What software version?
Had log-in issues but think it's vers 1803. Quoting self "I agree with the OP & don't intend to do OTA updates at all, despite encouragement from the dealer. Seen too many posts & videos on Youtube of people who attempted it & some absolute nitemare scernarios ensued: screen permanently froze in mid-update, just went black & stayed black, updating forever, nothing worked afterwards, items randomly changing & turning themselves on & off, etc, etc. Prob like any electronic device (PCs, phones, etc) IMO when they work fine they are great, when they don't, well the dustbin is too good for them. I get random functions apparently not available (hill start, front assist, etc) 99.99% of the time the messages soon disappear but they work work anyway, but always when the car has been stopped & re-started, mechanically the car is fine. If others have OTA updates to work that's great, but I'm leaving any updates to the dealer at servces"....