GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
What still irritates me is that the day and night mode does not work automatically with Android auto.
I now have them set to dark by default, but why does this still not work in combination with an S22
That's because the car does not have an automatic dark/day mode so it does not switch between them. Really annoying.

rhysmorgan

Finally got a big OTA update today. 3.5GB in size and gone from 1803 to A896. I think this is stage 1 of 2 for 1896. Seems others got this update in 2022 so maybe theres another update after this one. Also Travel Mode is now permanently Driving on the left, thank goodness and that answers my above question :cool:

View attachment 296199
View attachment 296200
View attachment 296201View attachment 296202
View attachment 296203View attachment 296204
I received an update with this name/number (R8960L) on Saturday, but it was only 825MB.

When I got back to my car after the update, the infotainment system failed to turn on. It’s in a boot loop, and my car warns that basically everything other than the ability to drive is unavailable when I turn the car on now. Dynamic Road Sign Display, Manoeuvre Breaking, Emergency Call, and Park Distance Control are all not working. If the screen turns on, it just shows Welcome to Volkswagen, and eventually turns off again. While I’m driving, I get a few dings every now and then warning me again that a couple of systems aren’t working currently. Absolute disaster.

I’ve had nothing but problems with this car since I got it in September. My local VW dealer can’t take the car until 19th January. Is there anything I can do at home to attempt to reset the infotainment system (beyond holding the power button for 10 seconds, which I’ve done a thousand times already) without voiding what’s left of the warranty?

Thanks in advance for any advice - or even just sympathy, haha

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I received an update with this name/number (R8960L) on Saturday, but it was only 825MB.

When I got back to my car after the update, the infotainment system failed to turn on. It’s in a boot loop, and my car warns that basically everything other than the ability to drive is unavailable when I turn the car on now. Dynamic Road Sign Display, Manoeuvre Breaking, Emergency Call, and Park Distance Control are all not working. If the screen turns on, it just shows Welcome to Volkswagen, and eventually turns off again. While I’m driving, I get a few dings every now and then warning me again that a couple of systems aren’t working currently. Absolute disaster.

I’ve had nothing but problems with this car since I got it in September. My local VW dealer can’t take the car until 19th January. Is there anything I can do at home to attempt to reset the infotainment system (beyond holding the power button for 10 seconds, which I’ve done a thousand times already) without voiding what’s left of the warranty?

I don’t have any advice other than to try another dealer - assuming there’s one within a reasonable distance of you who might be able to look at your car earlier than 19th January.

You do have my sympathy though………

tos

Go Kart Champion
There is TPI if OTA updating fails.
TPI 2070058/*
TPI 2070082/*

If the software update cannot be performed because the radio-navigation system repeatedly switches on - and off
again (reset loop), the device has to be replaced according to the ⇒ repair manual/parts catalogue. Note that in the
case of replacement of the device the costs cannot be accounted on this TPI.

brankec

I have got same issue when updating to 1898 from default version (I think it was 1856 or so).
It was resolved by dealer workshop, they also needed to replace whole infotainment module as it was dead :(

After that one further update came and then steering wheel was replaced also because of "travel assist not available" warning kept repeating whole time.

Now is all ok, but I am waiting for 1951 update to see what next is going to die or be replaced, I've got eHybrid 1.4 version from 2021

WhyAydan

Hey,

Just got a used golf from Volkswagen and was wondering if any knows if the version im on is the latest?

If not what's the best way to download the latest, can't see any updates OTA.

Attachments

• IMG_1726-min.png
    16.2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1725-min.png
    15.1 MB · Views: 129

Ozz51

Had the same problem after updating to1941. Lost the shop app it kept saying to update but nothing available. Also lost Alexa voice control. Having spoke with vw they recommended switch the car off leave it for 30 minutes. This would result in the car looking for updates when it reconnected with vw servers. When i went back to the car both the shop and alexa were available as an update although had to go through alex set up again. Hope this helps

WhyAydan

Had the same problem after updating to1941. Lost the shop app it kept saying to update but nothing available. Also lost Alexa voice control. Having spoke with vw they recommended switch the car off leave it for 30 minutes. This would result in the car looking for updates when it reconnected with vw servers. When i went back to the car both the shop and alexa were available as an update although had to go through alex set up again. Hope this helps
I left it for 12 hours but who knows might come in soon.... we hope

I-A

I'm hoping updating to 1941 will address my intermittent PDC/Travel assist bongs! Everything hardware-wise functions and an ignition cycle (i.e. a reset) fixes things, so this leads me to believe it's just software related.