GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

fantozzi.cz

Can anybody help me to understand what these "parts" means/looks like?
5H0035816L - this is Discovery Pro Unit (with Discovery Media software in my case - Golf 10/2020) - is this the whole unit?
Hardware: H58 - ?
ABT hardware: H40 - ?

My "infotainment" was replaced (from H56 to H58) - does it mean the whole unit or some part only? There are still infotainment restarts :mad:

Thanx.

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know the correct file for 1896 from the mibsolutuon website my friend has an older version he wants to update but not to 1941

BlackShadow250

Can anybody help me to understand what these "parts" means/looks like?
5H0035816L - this is Discovery Pro Unit (with Discovery Media software in my case - Golf 10/2020) - is this the whole unit?
Hardware: H58 - ?
ABT hardware: H40 - ?

My "infotainment" was replaced (from H56 to H58) - does it mean the whole unit or some part only? There are still infotainment restarts :mad:

Thanx.

5H0035816L is the Discover Pro unit, that's correct.
And there is no Discover Media only software, both systems (Media & Pro) use the same software.

H58 means the hardware revision of the Discover Units (MIB3). There are only small changes between H56 vs H58, but nothing about the performance (SoC chip is same as H56)

ABT = in German "Anzeige Bedienteil" --> means "Display Touchunit"

The Replacement from H56 to H58 means the whole MIB3 unit (not the ABT Hardware). You can google some pictures of MIB3 H56/H58.
Currently there is no way to solve the reboot problem. Maybe the new SW1941 will help, but it's still not officially available.

Workaround: You can try to go offline and changed user to guest. Then the system should no longer reboot, but you are offline and We-Connect services doesn't work. For me no option. :/

Robertjo91

Hi, newbie here. Can someone please help me.

I’ve had a nightmare with VW, I bought a 2021 golf GTI and it has a serious fault with the infotainment system which in turn led to a long repair that I wasn’t happy with, I got offered a GTI clubsport 2021 plate for not much less so I decided to purchase that. My main stipulation with the VW dealership was that they updated the software to the latest version before giving it to me, they said that was done but upon checking it looks like it’s still running a very old software version, can anyone help with this. Thanks all
IMG_4613.jpeg

fantozzi.cz

5H0035816L is the Discover Pro unit, that's correct.
And there is no Discover Media only software, both systems (Media & Pro) use the same software.

H58 means the hardware revision of the Discover Units (MIB3). There are only small changes between H56 vs H58, but nothing about the performance (SoC chip is same as H56)

ABT = in German "Anzeige Bedienteil" --> means "Display Touchunit"

The Replacement from H56 to H58 means the whole MIB3 unit (not the ABT Hardware). You can google some pictures of MIB3 H56/H58.
Currently there is no way to solve the reboot problem. Maybe the new SW1941 will help, but it's still not officially available.

Workaround: You can try to go offline and changed user to guest. Then the system should no longer reboot, but you are offline and We-Connect services doesn't work. For me no option. :/
Thank you for clarification. "Massimo 2323" wrote me last year:
Was your original hardware 5H0035816C with 166x and Discovery Media?
So before week 48 of 2020 there was only one hardware for Discovery Media and the Pro. To Differentiate these two versions they did so by changing settings in the software.
The 816B and 816C are the same hardware for both Discovery Media and the Pro while from week 48 of 2020 the Discovery Media has a different hardware 5H0035820x while the Pro still has 5H0035816x.
So in your case updating the infotainment to 1896 you still have the Discovery Pro hardware which is now 5H0035816J but it is programmed as Discovery Media.

Do you ever have the VW maps on both displays at the same time? If not then you have the Media.

I have never had VW maps on both displays :(

BlackShadow250

@fantozzi.cz
Aaaaah OK, now i understand... Yes yes, that's right what Massimo says.

If you order a Discover Media before week 48/2020, you will receive the Discover-Pro HW with -Media parameterization (no special Software only configuration parameter)
So only the parameterization is different, which is why the map cannot displayed in the AID and infotainment at the same time.

So you got exactly what you ordered ;)

Charger21

The more I read about the infotainment the more I worry I'm making a mistake buying a golf. I like look of the car, the finances work but coming from MBUX in a Mercedes A Class is the infotainment in the golf too big a drop in quality?

GeorgW

I have a built 8/21 with media composite and I have activated map display on both AID and infotainment at same time:

Infotainment 5F - Adaptation ->
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps, -> No

tos

Go Kart Champion
I tried that (fw1896) and map display was sluggish when maps are on both screens together.
I should try it again with 1941

GeorgW

I've read about the sluggishness when displaying maps on both displays, but it isn't in my case. In fact it is perfect. I have coded this when there was still version 16xx installed. So it has nothing to do with the software version.
I have an older Passat with the discover pro and AID. In terms of speed and smoothness of display I cannot see any difference.
However, the only thing I notice is that when you come to a big motorway junction where the system zooms into the lanes, it is sometimes not displayed on the AID, the screen is just blank for a few seconds.

Last edited:

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
IMG_1916.jpeg

Finally got my software updated by the dealer from 1788 to 1899. Too early to see if it helps. My second new steering wheel is on back order to fix the travel/emergency assist bing bongs.

The display unit/control panel software still reads 2096 and has not been updated. Is this fixed or is it updatable and does it matter?

So I just couldn’t wait… Today I went to the dealer, waited for about 45 minutes, picked up the car, and………

AMAZING!!!

No jerking at all! So happy guys!Called my dealer (Hungary after reading your post and they said there is indeed an update for the jerking issue.
So I just couldn’t wait… Today I went to the dealer, waited for about 45 minutes, picked up the car, and………

AMAZING!!!

No jerking at all! So happy guys!
Called my dealer (Hungary) after reading your and there was indeed an update for the jerking issue. Car was delivered 09.2020 so it's MY21 I believe.
They did it today and the jerking is gone, thank god. It took them a year to fix this. 🙂

FlyingDutch

Hi everyone!

I bought a 2021 golf R, but the software is still 1788. The dealer ‘doesn’t’ know if there is a update cause he needs to do a ‘diagnostics’. They will charge 140 euro, just for the diagnostics.

Im still having problems with carplay getting purple and all the pixels shift, travel assist not available, step out prevention not working, sometimes it says the parking sensors are not working. I hope the sw update would help with these issues. How are you guys getting free sw updates 🥹

Attachments

• 6e33a6f5-97ee-4a5c-badd-d3cdebbcd94c.jpeg
    6e33a6f5-97ee-4a5c-badd-d3cdebbcd94c.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2228.jpeg
    IMG_2228.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 155