GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
I am on 1941 software. Driving to Goodwood last week I had an interesting this happen with Dynamic Road Sign. Coming out of a 30mph and into a 50mph my 2021 car decided that the speed was 80mph!!! Surely the software should know that 80mph isn't a thing........70mph is the maximum it should recognise.

WEIRD!!

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
I am on 1899 software and every few days Dynamic Road Sign error flashes on my dashboard and the screen reboots itself and loses all the stored telephone nos.

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
The software on the 5H0035869A, which is a composition media infotainment system, is different from the 816/820 Discovery infotainment system. 1776 is the latest that I know of for these units.

Yesterday a new TPI has appeared in the German Erwin database named 2070082/1 and is for the 1941 software update. It will take up to a week or two for it to appear in general.
One error I noticed it fixes which I and others have (only RHD) is this:
The EasyEntry function cannot be deactivated/switched off in the radio/navigation system. F...Kin Finally after 3 years.
Other things it fixes is:
The representations/display in the car menu are not correct.
- The radio/navigation system display:
- remains black after switching on.
- turns black when using Apple CarPlay.
- is pixelated when using Google Maps via Apple Carplay.
Sometimes the radio/navigation system switches itself off and on again (reset). This is about the reboots...
Also the usual reverse camera flickering, not displayed or delayed.

I am currently on 1809 software which has been quite stable, up until the reboots started a few months ago, does anyone know if a possible upgrade to 1941 (when available) can de done from 1809 in one go, or does it need to have the sequential upgrades (1896, 1899 etc.) installed first? I am trying to arm myself with as much information as I can prior to requesting this upgrade/fix (TPI 2070082/1 to1941) which Massimo mentions.
I ended up on 1809, from 1788) after a disastrous 9088-1 recall in 2022 which caused a system meltdown and it took two months plus for VW technical Germany to fix it (I think other bits of hardware were also changed or upgraded), while it mouldered in the dealer workshop. This left me somewhat nervous regarding any new software updates or should I go for it, bearing in mind the car being otherwise stable on 1809?

The strange thing is I drove it for over a year from new, 2020-2021, on 1788 without one error, no rhyme nor reason to the whole unhappy saga.

Any information or suggestions gratefully received

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The TPI mentions 1804, 1810, 1885, 1890, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1900 as software compatible with the 1941 Update. No mention of 1809. Are you sure you have 1809?

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
The TPI mentions 1804, 1810, 1885, 1890, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1900 as software compatible with the 1941 Update. No mention of 1809. Are you sure you have 1809?
So much software and not one of them is 100% correct, not to mention older versions. I can't believe that they didn't hire experts to put together a normal software

zniper

Took my car to the dealer here in the Netherlands for the 8th time regarding the random reboots (about 7x per week, sometimes around 7x times in one day). And they have done the following so far:
  • Firmware updates
  • Reset to factory default and then firmware updates
  • Installed hardware 58 (bought it with 56)
  • Installed 1941 (yes, it's available since monday at the dealers for installation)
So far, I have noticed the following:
  • The icon in menu for Car in menu was changed
  • Mood lightning changes with drive mode (Eco - dark blue, comfort - lighter blue, Sport - red and individual - orange), as soon as you try to change it it changes all the modes to same colour, after a restart of car they all back to normal (bug I guess)
  • Smooth and fast
  • Haven't crashed.... (yet)
20230726_1633352.jpg

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
So much software and not one of them is 100% correct, not to mention older versions. I can't believe that they didn't hire experts to put together a normal software
From what I’ve read on various motoring websites, the current generation software in VAG’s vehicles using the MQB platform was developed by VAG’s in-house software subsidiary company Cariad. Previously, VAG had used third party software development companies.

The rationale for moving software development in-house was to remove VAG’s dependency on third party software companies and to reduce costs. However, with all the software related issues in current generation cars across all VAG brands (which has presumably resulted in reputational damage and loss of sales), that strategy seems to have backfired. With the costs incurred in having to build numerous software fixes - some of which haven’t been entirely successful - I very much doubt any cost savings have been realised compared to what it would’ve cost VAG to use an experienced third party software development company 🤔.

EVO II

I just updated the mib from 1899 to 1941. It only has takes 16 minutes. Made a testdrive after it and it seems ok. Not any faults at all so far. I've let the engine running when it was updating, because I was scared about the battery.

BlackShadow250

I just updated the mib from 1899 to 1941. It only has takes 16 minutes. Made a testdrive after it and it seems ok. Not any faults at all so far. I've let the engine running when it was updating, because I was scared about the battery.
While the engine was running, there were no error messages during the update (like Travel Assist not available...)?
Did you switch start/stop "off" beforehand?

Last edited:

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
@satel I've download the file from the youtube video somewhere in this topic.

@BlackShadow250 the only error message I've seen during the update was from the side assist. No errors from travel assist or something. I don't switch off the start/stop before.
My car has the old software 16xx.
Someone wrote in the comments that he updated 17xx to 1941 !!
What should I do to have 1941?

Is it this 1941 from May?
Thank you!
sw_1941.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingDutch

Took my car to the dealer here in the Netherlands for the 8th time regarding the random reboots (about 7x per week, sometimes around 7x times in one day). And they have done the following so far:
  • Firmware updates
  • Reset to factory default and then firmware updates
  • Installed hardware 58 (bought it with 56)
  • Installed 1941 (yes, it's available since monday at the dealers for installation)
So far, I have noticed the following:
  • The icon in menu for Car in menu was changed
  • Mood lightning changes with drive mode (Eco - dark blue, comfort - lighter blue, Sport - red and individual - orange), as soon as you try to change it it changes all the modes to same colour, after a restart of car they all back to normal (bug I guess)
  • Smooth and fast
  • Haven't crashed.... (yet)
View attachment 286999

Hey!

Im also from the netherlands and my car is at the dealer now. They have updated it, but idk to what version yet. Has 1941 repaired the travel assist error? Cause he said that even after the update travel assist still gave a error, so i would need to replace the wheel.

But someone mentioned that its not in the wheel, and that its a software problem. My car is out of warranty, so if a sw update would fix the travel assist, i wont get into a yes no with my seller.

They updated to 1899, idk why not to 1941…

Attachments

• IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:

tos

Go Kart Champion
1941 will not solve steering wheel problem... I have it also and waiting diagnose.
2023 cars can be updated (TPI 2068619: camera module 5WA 980 653C) then it should fix the problem, older needs new steering wheel (TPI 2069682)