GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Encountered my first software glitch the other day. Started the car and the screen never got further than "Loading settings". After a few minutes I rebooted by the usual method of holding the power button which sorted it

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Yesterday i had a new little niggle for the first time,No sound from the audio system took about 5 or 6 reboots to get it back.

subby26

So today I finally got OUG1
IMG_0498.jpeg

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
If you have H/K, sound system amp must updated 4316 > 4319.
That's interesting i do have the HK, Maybe it was updating and i never noticed,I was waiting in the dentists car park when it did start working and the HK screen did appear on restart,I never really listen to music on soundcloud but i did whilst i was sitting there messing about and i thought to myself this sounds really good i then changed to tidal and as we were driving back i commented on how the sound seemed to be all around, I suspect it's changed the surround settings,I'll look next time.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
That's interesting i do have the HK, Maybe it was updating and i never noticed,I was waiting in the dentists car park when it did start working and the HK screen did appear on restart,I never really listen to music on soundcloud but i did whilst i was sitting there messing about and i thought to myself this sounds really good i then changed to tidal and as we were driving back i commented on how the sound seemed to be all around, I suspect it's changed the surround settings,I'll look next time.
ErWin TPI 2067894/* tells to service what they must do...

I have had randomly muting since I bought my car at 6/21, Infotainment update will not help for amp bug.
My amp updated at year ago.

yodi94

Apologies if this was answered but there’s a lot of pages to scroll through, just need a quick response please.

My car is currently with the dealer, I kept telling them I want the software updated whilst you have it but kept saying we will have to check if it the update comes under warranty blah blah blah.

I think I was supposed to tell them to do a hardware update, as I think software is updated over the air right (I get updates notification on the infotainment from time to time)

I’m in the UK and have a June 2023 reg Clubsport with standard infotainment system, no additional options.

Which bit can ONLY THE DEALERSHIP can update and do I have the latest version or not? I have attached pics of my current versions. Hopefully someone can help so I can call the dealership before they finish with my car today.

I have been having assist system issues where it will be either limited or error and stop working temporarily, and the infotainment system is really laggy at times.

Attachments

• IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 126

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
I am no expert but my car has the same hardware versions as yours but updated itself over the air from 1900 to 1941 a month or so ago. I didn't need to involve the dealer. Maybe you could ask them why it hasn't updated to 1941?

yodi94

I am no expert but my car has the same hardware versions as yours but updated itself over the air from 1900 to 1941 a month or so ago. I didn't need to involve the dealer. Maybe you could ask them why it hasn't updated to 1941?
Thanks. Will give them a call and ask.

Is there by any chance an official/unofficial page where we can see what the latest version is for our system?

Sniffer

I swapped my 2021 Mk 8 Golf GTI for a new one last month and it was delivered with the 1969 software version installed. The 2021 trade in had been updated to 1941 at the dealership in January.

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
Has an OTA for 1969 actually been rolled out...
My dealer (in Canada) called me a few weeks ago to advise that there was a software update available for my 2024 Golf GTI, which was delivered new with software 1939 in the Information Electronics (5F) controller. I brought the car in last week, and when I picked it up it had software version 1969 in that controller.

I'm not sure what difference the software update makes - the only difference I have seen so far is that when you shut the car off you see a reminder on the central screen to check to make sure there is no-one left behind (for example, an infant) in the back seat.

So, 1969 is definitely out there. Whether it can be implemented by over the air update or requires a dealer visit I do not know. VW of Canada is not too good at supporting over the air updates of anything.

Michael