GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

FlyingDutch

1941 will not solve steering wheel problem... I have it also and waiting diagnose.
2023 cars can be updated (TPI 2068619: camera module 5WA 980 653C) then it should fix the problem, older needs new steering wheel (TPI 2069682)
Thanks! This was a helpful answer! You have a golf with 1941 and still travel assist problems ?

I was just wondering if the camera update would be in a bundle in 1941, but reading your reply it is not? Or it’s not the solution to the travel assist problem.

But why is vw not issuing a recall? If they know their steering wheels are faulty? They delivered a faulty product. Idk where you are located, but maybe i can claim that since the eu has good consumer protection.

tos

Go Kart Champion
I did 1941 installation by this forum and youtube video info at 6 of May, no rebootings for now...
And yes, travel assist problems going to diagnose at next month.

You must have some fault codes like this, for steering wheel replace:
B17B8F2 - Control module for steering wheel touch recognition Sensor malfunction

TPI says that its warranty issue

FlyingDutch

I did 1941 installation by this forum and youtube video info at 6 of May, no rebootings for now...
And yes, travel assist problems going to diagnose at next month.

You must have some fault codes like this, for steering wheel replace:
B17B8F2 - Control module for steering wheel touch recognition Sensor malfunction

TPI says that its warranty issue

Good to hear that the reboots stopped! Did u also use carplay? Cause before it was unusable, now it works like nothing happend (didn't test it fully yet, but on 1788 it crashed after 10 seconds).

Ah i see! What model and year do you have? If i may ask?

I don't have the fault codes, cause when i picked it up, there only were office people. Im going back tomorrow to see if i can get that info, what fault codes were discovered and resolved and then ofc what remains. Or is it possible to see the fault codes via pressing the menu button to go to the update menu?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
My car has the old software 16xx.
Someone wrote in the comments that he updated 17xx to 1941 !!
What should I do to have 1941?

Is it this 1941 from May?
Thank you!
For 17xx you need to first update to 189x and then to 1941.
For 16xx only the dealer can do so if you have one of the action recalls either 91CU or 91DR.
This is because other control units need to get updated too to work with the newer software 18xx/19xx.

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I changed to 1941 few months back, and was great. Car went in for second new steering wheel yesterday came back with 1896 software what it was originally on, they didn't say anything. So looks like they have reverting back to what it originally was. Will see how it behaves

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
I changed to 1941 few months back, and was great. Car went in for second new steering wheel yesterday came back with 1896 software what it was originally on, they didn't say anything. So looks like they have reverting back to what it originally was. Will see how it behaves
Huh, they downgrade?? Why, how?

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
For 17xx you need to first update to 189x and then to 1941.
For 16xx only the dealer can do so if you have one of the action recalls either 91CU or 91DR.
This is because other control units need to get updated too to work with the newer software 18xx/19xx.
Recall? probably NOT
They will surely charge several hundred euros for this service

daveb15

Ready to race!
I know I have asked this before but my car has been on 1896 since day one, I have had many of the smaller updates and the OU1 update but no other updates such as 1899. Do I have to go to a dealer or should I get these OTA?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I know I have asked this before but my car has been on 1896 since day one, I have had many of the smaller updates and the OU1 update but no other updates such as 1899. Do I have to go to a dealer or should I get these OTA?
So only if there is an OTA service campaign for the vehicle will you receive the software update remotely.
Here are the various service campaigns available only to certain Golf 8's:
OUB8/OUB9 - 1896 software update
OUF1 - 1899 software update
OUG1 - 144 software update for the OCU (Online Communication Unit) or telematic unit

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you checked that you do not have one of those recalls?
Try checking using your vin number at this VW Page:
https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/owners-service/service-campaigns-recalls
Massimo
What is my status ?
Grz !
1.jpg