GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting in depth analysis of Blockbuster's epic fail

zrickety

The Fixer
Blockbuster is a dinosaur. They lacked vision. You are right, they were poised to be THE movie outlet and they blew it. I gave them all my business back in the day.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
What's funny is that, the smaller chain, Family Video is somehow still in business though

I rent movies from there now....my cable bill is high enough already, not paying $6 to watch on demand

zrickety

The Fixer
Redbox is taking over.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Netflix and Redbox are both taking over

I'm considering cancelling the premium channels on my cable subscription. Now that Boardwalk Empire is over, I don't have much use for HBO. I cant remember the last time I found an on demand movie I wanted to watch on cable that wasn't also on Netflix. Redbox is a pretty good deal too. I have a few of those nearby and $1.50 to rent a movie for one day is worth it.

I remember going to Blockbuster and Hollywood video which were both nearby to me. Its a shame none of those companies saw the way things were trending and tried to snatch up Netflix.

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
Anyone who's into finance and investing remembers when Netflix stock plummeted when they started getting into streaming like 4 years ago. The market thought they were crazy and everyone was selling. It looked like the beginning of the end for them.

Now everyone's throwing out their dvd players and getting rid of cable. I think Comcast might be next to follow Blockbuster if they don't adapt. I meet another person just about everyday that tells me they got rid of cable.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The only reason I hold onto cable is for sports. NFL, mlb and the occasional live event.

I liked the ritual of going to blockbuster. Had to get out of the house to browse the shelves.

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
The only reason I hold onto cable is for football, basketball and racing. Otherwise I could get by with Netflix and other means.

I didn't have a nearby Blockbuster but I used to go to Hollywood Video all the time to get new movies and video games to rent. Hard to believe they couldn't see where everything was going.