GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
IMG_20200527_202834_464.jpg

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Putting it in the battery location and relocating the battery was my first plan, then I realized it doen't fit with my unitronic intake. I have to get a straight style intake to do that. With the timing chains needed and now this leaking radiator, I might just sell the accusump to pay for that stuff. The timing chains and everything needed is going to be around $700 with me doing the labor myself. I already have the cam lock and all the specialty tools so that's covered at least. A friend of mine is recommending gen 3 guides which seem to hold the chains better. I haven't heard many doing that but the design does look a little better than the gen 1 and 2 guides. Here's a photo side by side.

How many "teeth" were out on the tensioner? I forgot to measure mine with vagcom before I took the car apart.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
What size RS4s are you running? Tire rack has them on sale (~20% off) right now. I was about to place an order for a set of 235/40/18 RS4s but they say the section width is 9.8" compared to the Direzza 2 which is 8.9". Does that seem right to you? I have a set of 235/40/18 Direzza 2 on my track wheels right now and I like the fitment. If the RS4s are really that much wider I might have some issues with rubbing.

jay745

What size RS4s are you running? Tire rack has them on sale (~20% off) right now. I was about to place an order for a set of 235/40/18 RS4s but they say the section width is 9.8" compared to the Direzza 2 which is 8.9". Does that seem right to you? I have a set of 235/40/18 Direzza 2 on my track wheels right now and I like the fitment. If the RS4s are really that much wider I might have some issues with rubbing.
235/45/17, they do run a little wide but I don't know how they'd measure up to direzzas

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
It looks like the 235/40/18 section width is about .2" wider than the 235/45/17. The 225/40/18 is .5" narrower, but the tread width is only .1" narrower. I think I'll just go with the 225s. I'm not going for records or anything. The only reason I was looking at the 235s is that they are actually about $11 cheaper than the 225s right now.

Thanks Jay.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Ordered new track pads - carbotech xp12 front and xp10 rears again, SRF, plugs and a new fuel filter. Booked 2 track days this month!
How often do you replace your fuel filter? Mine is still original at 88k and I’m about to replace it next weekend with one from FCP Euro.

jay745

How often do you replace your fuel filter? Mine is still original at 88k and I’m about to replace it next weekend with one from FCP Euro.
woops just saw this. I am probably not a good example to follow as I tend to do things way sooner than needed. I replace my fuel filter every 20k miles or so which is about half of what VW recommends. You can get away with doing it every 50k or so.

jay745

Last minute prep for track season, Have a bunch of stuff to do this weekend. New plugs, fuel filter, torque everything, rotate the tires, drain the coolant and replace with water. I've had a problem with the two piece rotors on my front BBK not staying tight. Looking over it I don't think they supplied me with the spring washers when I initially assembled them which is annoying. Just bought new hardware kits at $120.. not too happy about that but hopefully it solves the issue.