GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Final step to getting my car ready for finishing the tune was to receive and install a new ORB fitting on the fuel rail and then adjust my FPR which I finished yesterday. Also turned my PDC vented hood into a real vented hood using my Dremel since PDC doesn't know how to do anything right; I'll straighten up the top cutout either today or tomorrow.

Engine Bay.jpg

Hood Cutouts.jpg

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Just wow...the coolant overflow tank and headlights are the only thing I recognize compared to my GTI..
The intake manifold looks twice as large as stock?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just wow...the coolant overflow tank and headlights are the only thing I recognize compared to my GTI..
The intake manifold looks twice as large as stock?
Yeah, it's pretty hefty compared to stock but out of all the aftermarket manifolds for our platform, in my opinion this one is the best looking and I got the very last one that Galano made. They only made a limited amount and don't plan on making anymore. As for performance compared to all the rest, I have no idea which one performs the best.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just posting up a couple of videos. As some of you already know, I got rid of my exhaust and converted my dp into a dump tube. In the video, if you look directly below the black jack pad, you can see the turn down from my dp. The first video is of a cold start and the second video is just a couple of short revs.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I will be changing some things up over the winter. Already purchased a new set of pistons and rods. The pistons are JE Ultras 83mm with 23mm wrist pins and the rods are custom made, severe duty Pauter rods that are rated to handle 1200+ hp/tq. When talking to them on the phone, I told them that I wanted some headroom since I'll be over 700 whp and their standard rods for our platform just didn't cut it so they told me about their custom rods for severe duty. The only downfall is, it's going to take 6 - 8 weeks to make them. Also going to port out the entire head with a pocket port style. After talking to Thomas from BBT, decided to go this route.

1000003022.jpg

1000003023.jpg

1000003024.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Off the shelf ultras? Not customs for proper DI dish?
They are the Ultras for this platform so they are dished accordingly. Don't think anybody is getting even more dish than what they already have. Are you trying to imply that JE didn't properly dish their pistons for our platform?

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Final step to getting my car ready for finishing the tune was to receive and install a new ORB fitting on the fuel rail and then adjust my FPR which I finished yesterday. Also turned my PDC vented hood into a real vented hood using my Dremel since PDC doesn't know how to do anything right; I'll straighten up the top cutout either today or tomorrow.

View attachment 297078

View attachment 297079
It's also a fiberglass hood with a carbon skin rather than being all carbon.........

God damn it. I really like the look of the PDC hood too, but it's just bad review after bad review.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
It's also a fiberglass hood with a carbon skin rather than being all carbon.........

God damn it. I really like the look of the PDC hood too, but it's just bad review after bad review.
Yeah I will never buy a PDC product again nor will I ever suggest buying one to anybody.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That dump tube makes me miss my old 07 wrx dump tube. Wish they made similar for our cars

scrllock

Autocross Champion
They are the Ultras for this platform so they are dished accordingly. Don't think anybody is getting even more dish than what they already have. Are you trying to imply that JE didn't properly dish their pistons for our platform?

Proper dish for DI:

1704471983419.png

1704472513492.png

If you compare them to Mahle or CP, you'll see those also have a proper dish.

Shelf JEs and most others, e.g. Diamond do not:

1704472605038.png

Does it make an enormous difference? Probably not, lots of people using JE ultras. But I generally trust Arnold to be well-informed, and if you're spending the money on that kind of motor, might as well do it right.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Proper dish for DI:

View attachment 297508

View attachment 297509

If you compare them to Mahle or CP, you'll see those also have a proper dish.

Shelf JEs and most others, e.g. Diamond do not:

View attachment 297510

Does it make an enormous difference? Probably not, lots of people using JE ultras. But I generally trust Arnold to be well-informed, and if you're spending the money on that kind of motor, might as well do it right.
Well I got them from Thomas of BBT and he has built over 70+ EA888 gen 3 motors with zero failure rate so I trust him. Don't know who Arnold Lee is, never heard of him. Yes, they are different from my Mahle's that I have in there now but JE explains why they went with a more of a flat top with their dish design. They specifically said they went with more of a flat design because they don't want the fuel to have an opportunity to puddle.

Last edited: