GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jrwamp's Black GTI

jrwamp

Ready to race!
Took a few pictures of the car last week:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
you're on a roll jason! what's next? :) i'll steal your dash cubby while you're not looking at the meet lol

jrwamp

Ready to race!
you're on a roll jason! what's next? :) i'll steal your dash cubby while you're not looking at the meet lol

Thanks! Lots of stuff that I want to do, but I'm waiting for the holidays to pass and will take some bonus(fingers crossed)/tax return money to get some stuff. I just dropped a lot of money on the honeymoon so I'm cooling it for now haha.

I've been dragging my feet on going stage 2 for a while now, probably need to just bite the bullet and get a downpipe and intake next. I'm thinking of getting a billy boat downpipe, seems to pair up nice with the magnaflow catback.

And I'll cut you if you come near my dash cubby. :slice:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Lots of stuff that I want to do, but I'm waiting for the holidays to pass and will take some bonus(fingers crossed)/tax return money to get some stuff. I just dropped a lot of money on the honeymoon so I'm cooling it for now haha.

I've been dragging my feet on going stage 2 for a while now, probably need to just bite the bullet and get a downpipe and intake next. I'm thinking of getting a billy boat downpipe, seems to pair up nice with the magnaflow catback.

And I'll cut you if you come near my dash cubby. :slice:

haha i'll use this on you then :flame: you're going to love stage 2 man. are you going to the dyno day on the 15th?

Link

Ready to race!
The suspension is spot on. It's exactly what I plan on doing to the gti and very nice wheel selection. I had originally thought smoked side markers looked so tacky on gti's but I could hardly tell they were smoked since the vehicle is black. Do you mind snapping some close-ups of the side markers installed on the bumper? I'm seriously thinking of picking up a set. Seems a lot cheaper and more practical then getting spray painted ones if smoked ones really blend in that well.

jrwamp

Ready to race!
The suspension is spot on. It's exactly what I plan on doing to the gti and very nice wheel selection. I had originally thought smoked side markers looked so tacky on gti's but I could hardly tell they were smoked since the vehicle is black. Do you mind snapping some close-ups of the side markers installed on the bumper? I'm seriously thinking of picking up a set. Seems a lot cheaper and more practical then getting spray painted ones if smoked ones really blend in that well.

Thanks man, appreciate the comments. After looking at your build thread, seems like we agree on the same approach to mods. Kind of enhancing the look without changing the look.

I'll snap some pictures as soon as I can with decent daylight and post it up. You can't actually tell that they're tinted with the black car in my opinion, one of the benefits of having a black car I guess. I also went to advance auto and just picked up some amber 194 bulbs to replace the white ones, so at night it would still be amber as if the stock sidemarkers were still there. I'm just not a fan of the 'white light' sidemarker look at night time.

Link

Ready to race!
I also went to advance auto and just picked up some amber 194 bulbs to replace the white ones, so at night it would still be amber as if the stock sidemarkers were still there. I'm just not a fan of the 'white light' sidemarker look at night time.

Bingo! I will definitely be picking up a set of ambers bulbs to go with the tinted lenses. I'm thinking if I decide tinted is not for me than I can always have someone spray paint the lenses DBP. Nothing to lose since the OEM spare lenses won't be touched. I'll keep an eye out for the pics:thumbsup:

jrwamp

Ready to race!
Bingo! I will definitely be picking up a set of ambers bulbs to go with the tinted lenses. I'm thinking if I decide tinted is not for me than I can always have someone spray paint the lenses DBP. Nothing to lose since the OEM spare lenses won't be touched. I'll keep an eye out for the pics:thumbsup:

Hey man, sorry for the delay here are the pics:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354980469.203357.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354980501.318118.jpg

Link

Ready to race!
BTW, any comments on the OZ rims. I'm looking to purchase ultraleggeras when I embark on the suspension mods. I'm really looking forward having less unsprung weight which should help with performance and gas mileage.

jrwamp

Ready to race!
BTW, any comments on the OZ rims. I'm looking to purchase ultraleggeras when I embark on the suspension mods. I'm really looking forward having less unsprung weight which should help with performance and gas mileage.

I love them, I can feel the weight savings from the detroits. The steering feels lighter. The downside is they're harder to clean with all the spokes.