GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jrwamp's Black GTI

Link

Ready to race!
I love them, I can feel the weight savings from the detroits. The steering feels lighter. The downside is they're harder to clean with all the spokes.

I hear ya. I've had multispoke wheels before and they're a pain to clean. Thankfully I discovered sonax full effect wheel cleaner and wheel brushes/woolies. It is WAAAY easier to clean the wheels and calipers. The ultrallegeras shouldn't be too bad but what can you do, performance comes at a price.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I have the same wheels. Yes they take more time to clean over the denvers or Detroits, but honestly it maybe an extra minute or two per wheel. With sonax full effect and the wheel woollies it is a breeze. They are totally worth it. Three things I get complimented on the most are the wheels, tail lights and plaid review mirror. Car is looking great!

jrwamp

Ready to race!
I have the same wheels. Yes they take more time to clean over the denvers or Detroits, but honestly it maybe an extra minute or two per wheel. With sonax full effect and the wheel woollies it is a breeze. They are totally worth it. Three things I get complimented on the most are the wheels, tail lights and plaid review mirror. Car is looking great!

Thanks dude!

jrwamp

Ready to race!

Also, I've been meaning to pick up some sonax, I hear it's amazing.

jrwamp

Ready to race!
Thanks to SPM, I purchased a downpipe at a meet organized by them and Funktion Auto in Sterling, VA. The quality looks great, can't wait to install it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355150325.390263.jpg

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
ECS has a good walkthrough for it. It's not hard, but not easy either. If you don't have any sort of ratcheting box wrenches I highly recommend them for the install.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Well yes. I've seen your car in person plenty of times. AND I was the devil on your shoulder for the downpipe! :D

jrwamp

Ready to race!
Thanks! Lots of stuff that I want to do, but I'm waiting for the holidays to pass and will take some bonus(fingers crossed)/tax return money to get some stuff. I just dropped a lot of money on the honeymoon so I'm cooling it for now haha.

I've been dragging my feet on going stage 2 for a while now, probably need to just bite the bullet and get a downpipe and intake next. I'm thinking of getting a billy boat downpipe, seems to pair up nice with the magnaflow catback.

And I'll cut you if you come near my dash cubby. :slice:

I lied......:laugh: