GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just wanted to share since I can't anywhere else...nailed 1st semester of law school

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Really nice to hear stories from fellow students! To all you undergrads: keep up the hard work, it all pays off! But don't forget to have some fun along the way!

To put things in perspective, I finished undergrad with a 3.29 at a school where grade deflation was rampant...I got only one solid A in all of my four years there. But I did manage to make a ton of great friends who are now scattered across the US doing all kinds of cool things and I myself landed in a top-50 law school where, as evidenced by this post, I'm doing just fine.

so the short of it is, there will be ups and there will be downs. My first semester at undergrad I had a 2.85 GPA. You just have to find what your passionate about and put your all into it!

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Dude, the impressive thing here isn't your grades... it's the fact that you got those grades, and still found time to deal with the timesuck that is Volkswagen ownership.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

dddrew.

blah.
My advice for anyone taking tough classes is to find a classmate to study with and not only will you get better grades but you'll make a friend. Seems so cliche and you hear it all the time but it really works. I started out with a 66% and 74% on my first 2 tests in Genetics and thought I was going to fail the class until I met someone in class to study with. Pulled off an A in the end.

Nilok

Ready to race!
Amjur any?

Any International Shoe and World Wide Volkswagen citations on your final?

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Amjur any?

Any International Shoe and World Wide Volkswagen citations on your final?

haha got an A on my civ pro final and of COURSE I cited international shoe and WWVW on there. I thought of y'all when we learned about WWVW in the first couple weeks.

the cliffs notes of the case, if anyone is wondering, is basically a family bought a car in NY and decided to move to uhh Arizona I think? and while they were travelling there, their car blew up in Oklahoma. The family tried to sue the dealership, the regional management, and the manufacturer, among others. The case is important because the court only allowed them to sue certain defendants in Oklahoma...they were not allowed to sue the New York dealership in Oklahoma because they couldn't have anticipated a lawsuit emerging in such a far-away place. :thumbsup:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Especially in the current climate, C's and D's won't get you a good job, if any. I would also take business/accounting courses as minors if possible in case law doesn't pan out as a career.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Congrats, great job!

Zoidbort

Ready to race!
Good on ya, congrats.
Just do not sell your soul like most lawyers do, stick to the truth and lead with compassion and honesty man.