GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kick Start that Brain

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Answer the following:

1)
datum.JPG

What's the proper bolt sequence? AND WHY?

2) If I have the following Diameter holes stacked up on a 5mm (+/- 0.3mm), whats my realistic normal tolerance distribution look like? What is my Worst Case?

- 6mm
- 6mm
- 6mm
- 8mm
- 5.5mm

(All have +/- 0.5mm tolerances)

3)
tube.JPG

What is the Middle Circular Diameter?

4) What is the FWD driveline efficiency?

5) Which intercooler is the best?

6) If Jeremiah decreases his nose length by 0.5", how many bitches can he get?

7) Is B7 REALLY a K04?

8) What's the difference between a cracker and a cookie?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
fuck dood.. thats why im not an engineer.

ps. a cracker is salty. a cookie is sugary.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
and no, i didnt report anything.. mods doing their jobs. WOOT!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Nobody wanting to answer?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Nobody wanting to answer?

i dont even understand the QUESTION dude.. ok ok... im an IQ master...

im starting on question #1...

"C" hole is first. it is restrictive, although it will allow side to side movement when moving to the next even more tricky hole.

"A" hole is next, because you can use the slot in "C" hole to line up the MOST restrictive "A" hole bolt more easily.

"B" is the most forgiving hole with the most room to work, so you do it last.

question #2.

if all holes have a .5mm tolerance, that means the smallest hole could possibly be only 5mm. so that is your smallest possible number. take your next smallest hole which could be 5.5mm, and you have a .5mm overall tolerance. bah.. i dont even understand the question, so impossible for me to answer.

Question #3.

the obvious answer is 200, but no way its that easy. since there is more volume in the big side along with angles, it might offset a little.

Question #4.

Least resistance?

Question #5.

Best, but not the best deal. APR.

Question #6.

None, he won't get any either way.

Question #7.

Define K04.

Question #8.

Already failed eariler.

Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
i dont even understand the QUESTION dude.. ok ok... im an IQ master... im starting on question #1...

"C" hole is first. it is restrictive, although it will allow side to side movement when moving to the next hole.

"A" hole is next, because you can use the slot in "C" hole to line up the MOST restrictive "A" hole bolt more easily.

"B" is the most forgiving hole with the most room to work, so you do it last.

No. But you're logic is on par.

Is number one BCA?

No. But's your logic behind your answer?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
then ACB. That was my first answer and then i changed it. most restrictive hole first. always.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
then ACB. That was my first answer and then i changed it. most restrictive hole first. always.

This makes sense. I'd probably do the two least restrictive first though, just don't tighten, then the restrictive one, line it bup by rotating around the restrictive bolt and tighten the other two.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
1) ACB. On the line it would be best for worker efficiency to shoot a screw into the most restrictive hole on the movable plate then into a less restrictive hole in the fixed plate. Then C, because you have two degrees of motion to line up that hole and then B because the tolerances of holes A and C would create an offset in the concentrc locations of these holes, which is why the top hole is opened up a bit. This hole will fix the plates and provide the most strength of the group.

2) You will have a normal distribution :)D becasuseNFG)

3) It is dependent on the location of the measurement along the length of the tube, but it will be d = 100(1+200l) where l is the distance (in the same units of d) from the 100mm diameter hole. Linear.

4) 12-10% and declining.

5) APR is still king for the mk6 platform, no costs considered. But it also depends on what you need (spool time, cooling, space constraints)

6) 18 +/- 0.5.

7) No. B7 Audi is k03.

8) Yeast.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
There are too many smart people making their way into here.

GRAMMY more brain teasers please and thanks

Merkle

Banned
1- A, C, B
2- Distribution is (0.8mm +/-) - I forgot about the 8mm... whoops
3- Assuming middle circle is 50% of the way down, 200mm
4- +/- 10%
5- NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
6- 2.3
7- Someone should start a thread about this
8- A fig newton is a fruited cake.