GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Knock retard at low rpm / light load

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Im sure. I have gathered a lot of data regarding the two tunes, and it seems like the EQT just has somethin about it that the car doesnt like. I get lots of knock and the power delivery is wacky. Im sure a protune would be far better, but as far as the OTS tunes go this is what I have found to be the case.

Then stick with the 5150 tune since it runs better. Again, I can't speak for his OTS tunes since I've never ran any of them.

Downside would be less power *based on if the EQT was indeed performing optimal for your gas / hardware, when it’s pulling time due to knock your final time between the would then end up being lower on the eqt.

just run what one you like, just don’t expect “golfmk7” group to back anything that opposes EQT as king of MQB tunes, lol *in this specific case I think you’re either running some real bad gas or something is up like spark plugs... what brand gas are you running?

I wouldn't call it king of all tunes nor was I heading in that direction with my previous post. He should run what ever tune he likes and works for his car. I was just talking from my experience with Ed's protune capability, which my dyno sheets speak for themselves. Plus, I think the reason why so many people prefer Ed over other tuners is because of his excellent customer service.

Scann0n11

Car(s)
Mk4 Gti, Mk7 Gti
Then stick with the 5150 tune since it runs better. Again, I can't speak for his OTS tunes since I've never ran any of them.

I wouldn't call it king of all tunes nor was I heading in that direction with my previous post. He should run what ever tune he likes and works for his car. I was just talking from my experience with Ed's protune capability, which my dyno sheets speak for themselves. Plus, I think the reason why so many people prefer Ed over other tuners is because of his excellent customer service.

Unless ur going to do a dyno session with ED everything about EQT is a genuine nightmare. There’s literally 100 of stories about their shit off the shelf maps and Nick their service guy being awful.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Unless ur going to do a dyno session with ED everything about EQT is a genuine nightmare. There’s literally 100 of stories about their shit off the shelf maps and Nick their service guy being awful.
Oh really? Where are all these stories? And don't tell me they are on their FB page because if you do, then we are done here.

I remember when Ed first became a member here, years ago, and was just starting off in the MK7 platform. He was very active on this forum and his turnaround time with his revisions on the protunes were 1 to 2 days max and this was before he developed the OTS tunes. Sometimes I had a revision within the same day, like in a couple of hours, and that was due to him being not that busy. Over the past couple of years his business exploded with the MK7 platform. His protunes and turbo sales were through the roof, which was great for him but bad for us, because the turnaround time for revisions slowed down drastically to a week or two. It got to the point that he had to hire more people because he couldn't keep up with all the orders. Just like with any business that experiences a huge growth, there's going to be some issues here and there. His customer service has always been on point and he always tries to resolve any issues that come up. Show me a business that doesn't have any issues every now and then. There isn't one because no business is perfect.

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
Reviving a thread that ended a year and a half ago to make a negative comment?

If you were dissatisfied fair enough to speak about your experience, but if you're going to claim there are literally hundreds of complaints, can you list some of the people/user names? Doesn't need to be all several hundred, fifty or sixty will do to verify what you're saying is true.