Least favorite car

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
Modern: PT Cruiser, HHR, Aveo, Versa all tie

Ever: 83 Ford Ltd

If you want to punish somebody, make them watch this:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Hands down..chevy aveo hatchback. That thing struggled to get to 60mph.
Also, '12 nissan altima 2.5....that damn engine sounds like a blender.

Yep, we have those Altimas as rentals when we travel for work sometimes... Piss poor.

But my award would have to go to the 1996 Sebring convertible my mom had until recently. Horrible mileage and performance with the 2.4 liter and just awful overall.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Driven -- base level PT cruiser, ANY year .... damn thing put my thighs to sleep almost immediately seats were so sh*tty.....engine??? :lol:

Hate in general: PRIUS. any prius.... and the drivers. Slow traffic on the left? f*cking prius. Cut off in traffic? f*cking prius. Going just fast enough, (67mph) but leaving no room to pass? f*cking prius.

they'r like a damn mosquito buzzing around your head.....:mad0259:

I lol'ed. Well done sir!

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Heres my comment on the focus wify has an 08 yeah it has little problems here and there but not as many as my gti. It gets 38mpg on average it handles pretty good and it's not hard to merge in traffic. The interior is awful but it's a pretty solid car 63,000 on it and the only problem we've had is it eats through breaks and the end link needed replaced.

Worst car I've driven and still do drive from time to time is my grandmothers 96 olds it's slow it has no concept of handling and the interior falls apart everytime you drive it. It's gone through 2 transmissions 5 sets of breaks an exhaust and a gas tank. Granted its 17 years old but it only has 60 k and has been garaged kept since new.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
The new nissan sentras are easily the worst cars ever. My friend let me borrow hers when my car was in the shop so I had it for a couple of hours. It was a 2009 with 16,000 miles on it (and I was driving it last year) and it could not idle correctly, and talk about GEAR HUNTING.

The car could not decide what gear it wanted to be in ever, cruising on a slightly hilly road at a constant 60mph caused the car to go from 4th to 2nd to 3rd to REVERSE (that's what it felt like, anyway) and had the most anemic power I have ever felt in my life, and I've driven some shitty cars.

Meanwhile, my other friends' '94 sentra (somewhere around there) was a champ, very nice car for how old it was.

I think it's also a problem with automatic transmissions, they don't really belong on extremely weak engines because it's always going to be looking for power when there isn't any to be found.

The one I drove had a 5-speed manual and it was still awful. The clutch was vague and the gear change was...let's be nice and say "clunky".

McQueen77

Banned
The new nissan sentras are easily the worst cars ever. My friend let me borrow hers when my car was in the shop so I had it for a couple of hours. It was a 2009 with 16,000 miles on it (and I was driving it last year) and it could not idle correctly, and talk about GEAR HUNTING.

The car could not decide what gear it wanted to be in ever, cruising on a slightly hilly road at a constant 60mph caused the car to go from 4th to 2nd to 3rd to REVERSE (that's what it felt like, anyway) and had the most anemic power I have ever felt in my life, and I've driven some shitty cars.

Meanwhile, my other friends' '94 sentra (somewhere around there) was a champ, very nice car for how old it was.

I think it's also a problem with automatic transmissions, they don't really belong on extremely weak engines because it's always going to be looking for power when there isn't any to be found.

gear hunting doesn't go away in upper level cars though, unfortunately, thus my general loathing for slushboxes of all kinds. my weeklong stay in a 528i rental proved that to me. 8 speed, ZF AT that constantly, constantly hunts. it literally changed from 1-2-3-3-2-1 in the time it took me to exit a parking lot. That is what you get in 'D', along with huge throttle lag and dead zone. Neat. Maybe that is supposed to be for gas mileage but I just call it plain frustrating. I guess old people who have more money than interest/taste in cars buy 528i's and don't notice. Put it in sport and its better but then your mileage magically goes to pure shit, and thats a car pushing high 50k range..

oppositely, my wife was in a toyota yaris base level rental for a week while her clutch assembly etc was replaced in her car and that automatic by comparison was fine. the toyotas have a 'D-3' gate where if you put it over to the right '3' gate, its like a really tall 3rd gear similar to a sport mode. I found the AT in the shitpiece Yaris (one of the shittiest cars Ive been in in a while btw) to be 'smarter' than the ZF in the BMW.

strangely I find the 6spd Auto in the Tiguan to be pretty competent, so its really hit & miss w/cars and slushbox programming. The 5spd Auto in the prev generation Mazda3, which I owned for a total of 5 months and promptly ditched, was also garbage.

snoman

Ready to race!
my buddies old 96 ford mustang v6 auto, i just hated everything the handling, interior, no power and the horrible exhaust he had. also drove a 95 5.0 gt and hated the shifter on that

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I have yet to have driven I car I hated lol

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I was a valet attendant in college, for about 3 years. Driven many, many, many cars.

By FAR, the worst car I have ever driven is a Jeep Patriot. Drove three of them - an old one, a new one (this was 2008ish, so last gen) and a rental. Every single one was memorable because of some devastating flaw that made me feel like I was going to die driving it to the garage. It's funny to think back to those because I remember them so vividly, for a damn good reason. And in every turn I held my breath.

Notable seconds: The Chrysler 300/Charger platform. Worst with the hemi, since the tranny is so god awful. Never know how important a transmission is until it doesn't even transmit power to the wheels, much less shift predictably. And any talk about an interior might make me sick.

Really, guys - there's a reason they're going out of business. A terrible, truly sorry reason.

EDIT: almost forgot about the SmartCar. I don't really have a problem with it simply because it's a game changer in some ways, but really this car was a mistake many years before it even hit the roads. Bad transmission, bad bod control, bad throttle control. Really no point in commenting about the engine of a small car like that, but it was lethargic. I have fond memories of it though, since I could park it directly facing the curb where all other cars would have had to parallel park. It was a great pick for a valet attendant in the north end of Boston.

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
AH! I forgot the Escalade. I'd laugh in the face of anyone gullible enough to buy that POS. Drives much, much worse than the Suburban, which is a mediocre (driving) platform with at least some semblance of connection with the road (parentheses because it's actually a hell of a towing platform :thumbsup:). When you take that platform and remove every connection to the road, which is the "upgrade" intended in the Escalade, all you have is a creaky interior that's constantly falling apart. Seriously, everything breaks in that interior. At least it smells nice in there, because the mushy steering, pillowy breaks and a throttle that refuses any and all requested modulation will drive you nuts on anything but a straight, flat road.

Hey you know what I want to do? Float purposelessly above the road in a capsule whose accommodations break when I touch them. Ya, that would be worth twice the cost of a GTI for sure.

Last edited:

JewFro

Ready to race!
CVT Dodge Caliber rental a few years back... no real explanation needed it just flat out sucked. The CVT would constantly hunt with the cruise on if you came to the slightest incline.

Last summer VW gave me a loaner MK6 Jetta 2.slow automatic for a week. That is one car that just screams cheap in everything it did.

JammingJay

Ready to race!
Rented a PT Cruiser once (not intentionally). When you combine the WTF are you driving stares with some unbelievably shitty performance, it made for the perfect I'll hitch a ride off a stranger, thank you experience.

CandyMan11

Ready to race!
You wanna talk about riding a boat on land. My Pops use to have a 1988 Crown Vic that someone gave to him. I could have sworn they were trying to kill him:paddle:.

You wold turn the steering wheel and the car would still keep on going straight for like a second and then it would turn:cry: use to scare the shit out of me.. The suspension would just float on by with no feedback at all. And massive from bow to stern:eek:...LOL