GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Sadly they are likely 50% done after just 50 laps at Laguna Seca.

If I were to do this over again, I would go with Cup 2's, and get stud conversion.

Every time I take the lugs off, the wheel falls and hits the rotor heat shields and now the barrel is all scratched up.
Definitely not the best track tire - they got hot and degrade super quick (I use them for autox only and I'm lucky if I get a 1/2 season out of a set)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Sadly they are likely 50% done after just 50 laps at Laguna Seca.

If I were to do this over again, I would go with Cup 2's, and get stud conversion.

Every time I take the lugs off, the wheel falls and hits the rotor heat shields and now the barrel is all scratched up.
DM me and I'll send you a bolt tool (y)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
What's a sub 20 lb wheel that's less than $400 each?

What size? 17x8 you'd have a lot of options but as you go up in diameter and width obviously you'll start cutting down on options.

In general, a lot of the Neuspeed wheels are around 19-20 lb in 18x8.5 fitment for ~$300 a wheel. Konig Flow Formed wheels are also usually 18-19 lb for around $200/wheel.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
18" perform pack 2016
What? Under 20#? Only if you drove it against a curb for maybe three or four miles. Austin and Dallas wheels are about 26#. The Nogaro on the 17 Sport are a little under 24#. The forged Belvedere on the 21 AB are under 18# though.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
What? Under 20#? Only if you drove it against a curb for maybe three or four miles. Austin and Dallas wheels are about 26#. The Nogaro on the 17 Sport are a little under 24#. The forged Belvedere on the 21 AB are under 18# though.

I think that's what car he has?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
18" Enki RPf1 are claimed by tire rack to be 17 pounds. Seems to good to be true. they are $290 each, silver only.
What could go wrong?
1623705831472.jpeg

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Enkei makes several wheels that are 18x8 and less than 20lbs… RPF1, TSV, TS-10, TS-9. I think they’re a very reputable company.

Neuspeed wheels coming in sizes between 18x8 and 18x9 for our car and most are less than 20lbs. The RSe10 and RSe11r are both less than 19lbs.

Konig’s 18x8 and 18x8.5 wheels for our platform are under 20lbs.

Lots of good options. Just avoid Rotiforms if you want to save weight