GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LOL Fast and the Furious 3 trailer

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
a little off topic as i am not directly discussing the movie (it looks like it will suck btw)... but after playing nfs underground with my golf they have some drifting courses.... is it possible to drift in a fwd car? or is it just e brake and try and keep the ass out?

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
So I had all the guys from the local VW club here at my place a couple weeks ago and we made up this cool new drinking game. Basically, you pop in F&F, and everytime something DUMB happens... you drink! You get completely sloshed about 1/4 of the way through! It really opens your eyes to how whacked the movie is! The first one was so much fun, this weekend we're trying it with 2F2F. :biggrin:

Sidenote: At the beginning when Paul Walker goes into the shop and starts talking about how he "needs NOS because his car topped out at 140"... you misewell just chug your drink right through that whole scene. :laugh:

timber29

Passed Driver's Ed
GTi Fanatic said:
a little off topic as i am not directly discussing the movie (it looks like it will suck btw)... but after playing nfs underground with my golf they have some drifting courses.... is it possible to drift in a fwd car? or is it just e brake and try and keep the ass out?

Yes it is possible but rear wheel drive is the way to go for drifting. You bassically want to slide around the corners.

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
timber29 said:
Yes it is possible but rear wheel drive is the way to go for drifting. You bassically want to slide around the corners.

well i understand the idea of drifting, but just dont see why the mkv would be in the movie about drifting.

(also never had a fwd car)

timber29

Passed Driver's Ed
GTi Fanatic said:
well i understand the idea of drifting, but just dont see why the mkv would be in the movie about drifting.

It is not only about drifting it's about cars, chicks, etc...

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
GTi Fanatic said:

rofl!!!! not every car in the movie will be drifting. The movie, from what I understand, is supposed to focus on the Japanese car scene, drifting is the focal point, but it also show other styles of the car culture over there.
I saw some 'casting calls' on other forums where they were looking for 'VIP' style cars, as well as what the Japanese call "Spo-com" which is their version of what they think that we think is cool, which really isn't cool (rice...big spoilers, chrome, etc...more or less the first 2 F&F stylez yo). And from the trailer it looks like they've got some muscle car/hot rod action in there too.

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
the_saint said:
rofl!!!! not every car in the movie will be drifting. .

dam now i wont go see it (or have the chance to get plastered :drinking: the during the opening credits , what good is a movie called "tokio drift" with out drifting every second of the movie!:iono: (i think my point was the MkV doesnt belong in that movie!) :wink:

conflicted

Go Kart Newbie
i would go just to see those shity cars get beat to shit it looks like a long episode of "its time to unpimp the auto" only with bad actors and asian women

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
ill be downloading it, or getting it at the Haji mart for $1 xD gotta love those little bastards, i can buy 20 dvd's for 10$ here hahaha. iraq is such a silly place...

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Shifty said:
Sidenote: At the beginning when Paul Walker goes into the shop and starts talking about how he "needs NOS because his car topped out at 140"... you misewell just chug your drink right through that whole scene. :laugh:

Another note on that specific scene where he tops out, count the number of times he shifts during it. If i'm not mistaken, given the number of times he does he must have a 7sp gearbox in that car.

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
dwl137 said:
Another note on that specific scene where he tops out, count the number of times he shifts during it. If i'm not mistaken, given the number of times he does he must have a 7sp gearbox in that car.

and the qt mile vs 4 people takes 1 min
"i live my live qt mile at a time... in those 10 seconds or less" :bellyroll: