GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for more turbo sounds

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hi all. 2020 dsg gti autobahn

swapped in the injen evolution intake. As expected, no wooshy sounds until maybe right before redline

anything else I can do to increase turbo sounds?
Thanks!

ZachMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 6MT
Well that intake you got is a closed system so if you want more sound then I would look into getting an open intake. If you have a hood liner then you can remove that and get a bit more sound too.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Well that intake you got is a closed system so if you want more sound then I would look into getting an open intake. If you have a hood liner then you can remove that and get a bit more sound too.
My car didn’t come with a hood liner at all. I thought that was normal?

I didn’t want the negatives that came with the open intakes. Open intakes on the platform are as bad as open intakes on the wrx.

I was considering deleting the turbo muffler but apparently that doesn’t increase sound from what I’ve read?

ZachMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 6MT
I believe most mk7.5s didn't come with hood liners. The mk7s did. You could try a turbo inlet pipe but I don't remember any noise difference on my car. Personally I don't think an open intake is really hurting anything. They have heat shields so I doubt it will affect IATs too much.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I believe most mk7.5s didn't come with hood liners. The mk7s did. You could try a turbo inlet pipe but I don't remember any noise difference on my car. Personally I don't think an open intake is really hurting anything. They have heat shields so I doubt it will affect IATs too much.
What’s your opinion on swapping out the turbo muffler? I’m reading it doesn’t increase sound

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
My car didn’t come with a hood liner at all. I thought that was normal?

I didn’t want the negatives that came with the open intakes. Open intakes on the platform are as bad as open intakes on the wrx.

I was considering deleting the turbo muffler but apparently that doesn’t increase sound from what I’ve read?
not true.

when sitting still sure... but once you start moving and the intake is a vacuum the delta is very minor.. 1-2 degrees at best.
I've run my car with a modded stock box, IE V1 open element, injen evolution, and now injen system open element, i consistently monitor my IATS on the dash and on logs and runs.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
not true.

when sitting still sure... but once you start moving and the intake is a vacuum the delta is very minor.. 1-2 degrees at best.
I've run my car with a modded stock box, IE V1 open element, injen evolution, and now injen system open element, i consistently monitor my IATS on the dash and on logs and runs.
Thanks for the information!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh. I’m kinda looking for the ability to hear it LOL
you want to hear the breath in sound or the DV letting off? if the DV just get a spacer and be done with it.... i had a forge BOV that's louder and better sounding that a spacer to me, but i had to remove it ones i got custom tuned as the tuner messing with the DV settings and it was not functioning well. it was perfectly fine with he JB4 though.

you can also see the boost levels for each time i let off in the vid (top right gauge on phone) for a reference, also that vid is with the same intake you have right now.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
you want to hear the breath in sound or the DV letting off? if the DV just get a spacer and be done with it.... i had a forge BOV that's louder and better sounding that a spacer to me, but i had to remove it ones i got custom tuned as the tuner messing with the DV settings and it was not functioning well. it was perfectly fine with he JB4 though.

you can also see the boost levels for each time i let off in the vid (top right gauge on phone) for a reference, also that vid is with the same intake you have right now.

^^^^^
That. If you want more turbo sound get a spacer for the DV.