GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Losing power after gear shifts (DSG)

martin44

I had this after going stage 1+ Unitronic in my Pirelli Edition. Tried DV+ etc, nothing helped.
The cause is the torque limit on the DSG software, if torque is to high it will lower it before changing gears, resulting in what feels like power loss. After i got a DSG tune done and torque limits were raised the issue went away, now it changes unbelievably quick no matter what torque its at.

valj

Ready to race!
I had this after going stage 1+ Unitronic in my Pirelli Edition. Tried DV+ etc, nothing helped.
The cause is the torque limit on the DSG software, if torque is to high it will lower it before changing gears, resulting in what feels like power loss. After i got a DSG tune done and torque limits were raised the issue went away, now it changes unbelievably quick no matter what torque its at.

Which DSG software did you choose?

0-henry-0

Hi Guys,

After my tune, I experienced lag when up shifting, meaning every time i go into a higher gear, the car lags (loses power) for a split second before going full on again. This happens when i'm heavy on the throttle climbing to high rpm range. It does feel like a turbo lag? I'm not sure.

Help please.:(

Hi Essence, I have recently changed my stock filter to a K&N intake and have experienced the same issue. It gets short of breather for half a second before pulling normally on full. It almost sounds like it may stall. I had not ever had this before changing the intake.

mencho73

To fast 4 you
MK6 GTI STG 2loosing power afther high gear shift

Hi Guys,

Would greatly appreciate your inputs on this.

I'm driving a mk6 GTI MT, had it tune up to stage 2 recently. Had my intake, downpipe no resonator delete (stock catback), changed out my plugs to new ones with new R8 coil packs. Everything else is stock.

After my tune, I experienced lag when up shifting, meaning every time i go into a higher gear, the car lags (loses power) for a split second before going full on again so i`m having the same problem shifting in high gears at WOT

Question: did you solve the problem cause I`m having the same problem
they talk abou checking clutch slip need some help were to look
for a solution Please need help.