GOLFMKV

Mercedes Benz c63 AMG

Fonderson

Autocross Champion

Power: 457hp
0-60: 4,5 seconds

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
nice car, especially the interior. but is it gonna be the RS4 or the M3?

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
nice car, especially the interior. but is it gonna be the RS4 or the M3?

Alot of people have suggested that the previous C, SLK, CLS AMGs handle pretty good, ofcourse it will not touch a RS4 around bends, nor have the sensational driving experience the RS4 or M3 has to offer, however it is more one of those cars which *may* worry you a little if you're not an experienced drive, and it's lurking in your rear view.

My belief is currently the new m3 will be faster than the RS4, simply because of the newer technology and what not, the C63 amg will probably be 3-5 seconds slower than the two around the N-Ring.

However, the C63 is far more luxurious than the M3, RS4. So it really boils down to choice and general use of the car.

newtogolf

i love the look of the car and the luxurious interior.

but you can have all that on a C350 or C240. think what im trying to say is mercs arent really about sporty handling and thrashing around the corners. its more like a comfortable high speed cruiser.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
The old C32 AMG was only 2 seconds slower than the old SMG M3. Both cars were driven by the same driver, Horst von Saurma.

MBenz C32 AMG 8:37min
BMW e36 M3 SMG 8:35min
Audi RS4 380hp 8:25min
BMW e36 M3 8:22min

CalBoyTex

Banned
Im a huge benz fan!!! and i have a poster of this car.. I will have one some day!!!!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
gotta admit this is the nicest benz i have seen since the old SL gullwing...but...it's still a benz.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
gotta admit this is the nicest benz i have seen since the old SL gullwing...but...it's still a benz.

Merc has done a pretty good job lately.

Only complaint I have with the car is the same problem in our 07 ML350. The 7 Geartronic nonsense, stepping down is a pain, but in the S it is rewarding at times

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
lol, the new C is pretty nice. I was disappointed with the CL, they did a great job with the front, and finished the back on a friday afternoon whilst watching their buddies head to the pub.

newtogolf

i just dont see the point of getting a really fast C class. better off getting a C350 and plugging the extra cash into loads of luxury options.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
i just dont see the point of getting a really fast C class. better off getting a C350 and plugging the extra cash into loads of luxury options.

Same can be said about a fast, Audi a4,a6,a8. BMW 3,5,z4. Merc [everything except A-B]

newtogolf

ah but with audis and bimas, the sporting touch does work really well with those sorts of cars.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
CLK DTM they have the sporting touch with that too. But I get your point, Merc has always been a car to be driven in, whilst BMW is more a car to drive.

The C63 will be a heck of a beast that is a certainity.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Ive been in a CLK DTM.. a beautiful car. I still am in aww and shock after driving a SLR. Im a huge benz guy.. Family has a long history of/with mercedes. Ill have my c55 in no time.. by the time im 25 im guessing..so after i get married..