GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Where's the videos? I'm shocked they have them listed at that price with 3 photos and no videos.
Probably because they only work in a narrow RPM band and when past that the drone will return. I had a different make one and it cancelled out most of the drone but if caught at certain rpm the drone returned. I now run a Cobra Sport non res 3" system and there is zero drone at any RPM.

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R
Where's the videos? I'm shocked they have them listed at that price with 3 photos and no videos.
I’ve never been a fan of videos because they rarely capture what an exhaust really sounds like. It’s been some months now and this resonator continues to impress me. I’m drone sensitive and this took it away completely without affecting the note of the exhaust. There’s no RPM range that has drone to answer the above comment.

I could care less about APR as a company, but I can’t deny an effective product.

adgainai95

Car(s)
Golf R wagon
17950 add on my turboback system, inside the cabin is now quiet as stock and still loud and deeper outside the car

Attachments

• IMG_6017.jpeg
    IMG_6017.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So I currently have a CTS catted DP and an AWE Touring cbe, and I was happy with it when I had the stock is20. Now that I have a vortex installed it seems to drone more, not unbearable, but more than I’d like. How does the AWE resonator compare to the vibrant resonator?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I currently have a CTS catted DP and an AWE Touring cbe, and I was happy with it when I had the stock is20. Now that I have a vortex installed it seems to drone more, not unbearable, but more than I’d like. How does the AWE resonator compare to the vibrant resonator?

You’d be really splitting hairs, they’re very similar.

This is the exact reason the Stealth Suitcase exists.

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
I'm going to start with, Sorry. I searched the thread, google, really tried to figure it out...
I'm stock exhaust everything. Really just want a tad more life from the exhaust. And I have zero plans to do anything with DP. During autox off season I flash back to stock for that cheap gas.
Is there a good/recommended axle back kit?
I hesitate just going to a shop around town for fear of poor work and it ending up costing more.
OEM+ is the goal.

Sorry again if this is in here somewhere.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I'm going to start with, Sorry. I searched the thread, google, really tried to figure it out...
I'm stock exhaust everything. Really just want a tad more life from the exhaust. And I have zero plans to do anything with DP. During autox off season I flash back to stock for that cheap gas.
I hesitate just going to a shop around town for fear of poor work and it ending up costing more.
OEM+ is the goal.

Just get the Clubsport rear section.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...aJLqJaBzq8A_wZRbx3Gx2LKHg7jLFUQBoCQmAQAvD_BwE

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
OEM+ is the goal.

CSS is thee OEM+ option.

If you’re anywhere near Youngstown, OH I’ve got a fabricator I can recommend if you want something built in stainless.

Reactions: MSH

CDawson

Car(s)
2016 Golf GTI
Hey all, spent most of the day reading this thread and have found lots of useful information but still find myself unsure of where to go...

For quick backstory, my stock exhaust is FUBAR thanks to the previous owner and is no longer 1 piece but 4 pieces of various quality steels welded or wrapped/clamped to connect the original resonator and muffler. A new exhaust was on my radar, but it moved drastically up the priority list when the welds rusted out and the midpipe was dragging on the road. After JB-welding it so that I could drive an hour to work, I paid a shop to weld the Frankenstein-esque thing back together and am now looking for a CBE that provides a little more noise and a good tone without Borla or Ebay levels of rasp. While I would love to get something top of the line from GTI Jake, I am not sure I can wait that long since it's my only car...

Will be emailing Jake this week to inquire, but as of right now these are my top choices, any recommendations/reviews welcome. Sorry for the incredibly niche nature of this post...

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/exhaust/volkswagen-cat-back-exhaust-mk7-gti-2014-2017

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...ng-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system

**Note: Stock DP with no plans of upgrading on the horizon.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hey all, spent most of the day reading this thread and have found lots of useful information but still find myself unsure of where to go...

For quick backstory, my stock exhaust is FUBAR thanks to the previous owner and is no longer 1 piece but 4 pieces of various quality steels welded or wrapped/clamped to connect the original resonator and muffler. A new exhaust was on my radar, but it moved drastically up the priority list when the welds rusted out and the midpipe was dragging on the road. After JB-welding it so that I could drive an hour to work, I paid a shop to weld the Frankenstein-esque thing back together and am now looking for a CBE that provides a little more noise and a good tone without Borla or Ebay levels of rasp. While I would love to get something top of the line from GTI Jake, I am not sure I can wait that long since it's my only car...

Will be emailing Jake this week to inquire, but as of right now these are my top choices, any recommendations/reviews welcome. Sorry for the incredibly niche nature of this post...

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/exhaust/volkswagen-cat-back-exhaust-mk7-gti-2014-2017

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...ng-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system

**Note: Stock DP with no plans of upgrading on the horizon.

I’ve been kicking around building a Valved CBE for my car, so I’ll sell you the one that’s on it and ship this week if you’re interested.

Currently have my Aggressive CBE, which as a TBE (with my downpipe) is on the rowdy side, but much more civilized with the factory downpipe in place.

I’d need to add a reducer to the inlet of the Midpipe, and have a lot of work lined up in the shop this week so if you’re serious and want to make this happen let me know and I’ll pull it off my car first thing Tuesday morning before the lift is tied up (deal would need to be worked out by Monday evening).

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Has anyone had luck recently actually getting the Clubsport muffler delivered?
I took a chance with ECS, I've actually not had an issue with items that I've ordered from them before. But of course this one particular item is an issue.
It was stated to ship 4/1, now they're saying 5/29. This isn't a life or death part obviously and waiting is fine.

My concern is, given ECSs rep that it will just never ship and I will forever just be sitting on this.
At this point I'm willing to entertain a similar in cost alternative if the odds of this ever actually arriving are low.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Has anyone had luck recently actually getting the Clubsport muffler delivered?
I took a chance with ECS, I've actually not had an issue with items that I've ordered from them before. But of course this one particular item is an issue.
It was stated to ship 4/1, now they're saying 5/29. This isn't a life or death part obviously and waiting is fine.

My concern is, given ECSs rep that it will just never ship and I will forever just be sitting on this.
At this point I'm willing to entertain a similar in cost alternative if the odds of this ever actually arriving are low.
I ordered mine from ECS, and I remember they moved the delivery dates out a couple times. But it ended up coming in about a week altogether, way before the eta. Did it say "in stock," "available to ship," etc when you ordered it?