GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
This VW dealership situation is so fun... my sales consultant said 10 months, the order sheet they gave me says 6 months and some guy who ordered an R-line with a sunroof which is supposed to take longer to delivery got it in 3 months (and it was ordered right in the heart of the chip shortage in 2021):sleep:

Ralphie137

Zero options apart from dolphin grey paintwork haha! I did want to spec it but it was part of a bulk order from a leasing company. Perhaps these kind of orders are low on VW’s priority list 🤔
I’m starting to think this as well, do lease companies get a discount on cars? If so it seems VW are prioritising RRP cars over discounted ones.

Dolphin Grey Golf GTE with zero other options ordered, been waiting for 9 months so far and delivery currently estimated at 14 months.

DenisV

Just received notice has been pushed back once again (4th time). They are currently looking at mid-August. Which would mean a total of ~16 months since I received confirmation of my order.

Tbf, this situation is driving me up the wall. First world problems but still.

Here's to hoping they might be able to build it before that date 🤞

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Just received notice has been pushed back once again (4th time). They are currently looking at mid-August. Which would mean a total of ~16 months since I received confirmation of my order.

Tbf, this situation is driving me up the wall. First world problems but still.

Here's to hoping they might be able to build it before that date 🤞
Which model and what specs did you order?

DenisV

Which model and what specs did you order?
Ordered a GTE with added:
- travel assist pack, side assist, emergency assist, park assist, folding/electric mirrors (PF5)
- light module + light assist pack (PLD)
- navigatie discover pro pack (RCB)
- winter module pack (WW1)

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Ordered a GTE with added:
- travel assist pack, side assist, emergency assist, park assist, folding/electric mirrors (PF5)
- light module + light assist pack (PLD)
- navigatie discover pro pack (RCB)
- winter module pack (WW1)
Hmm its probably because its a higher performance car like the GTI and R. VW is really struggling to deliver those unlike the regular golfs

DenisV

Hmm its probably because its a higher performance car like the GTI and R. VW is really struggling to deliver those unlike the regular golfs
Yeah I guess so. Also think VW overplayed its hand with the amount of orders they took in. With delivery dates of a year and a half (if they make that target) it's starting to become more and more clear that their queue is taking epic proportions.

Wonder if the pressure on the factories to keep output on track as much as possible will have any impact on quality of the builds. I can imagine that the people working there are under a lot of stress to output as much as they can with the time and parts they have.

Either way, not much I can do but wait I guess. My current leasing is a Volvo V40 which is a great car as well. Can't complain about that at all.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Yeah I guess so. Also think VW overplayed its hand with the amount of orders they took in. With delivery dates of a year and a half (if they make that target) it's starting to become more and more clear that their queue is taking epic proportions.

Wonder if the pressure on the factories to keep output on track as much as possible will have any impact on quality of the builds. I can imagine that the people working there are under a lot of stress to output as much as they can with the time and parts they have.

Either way, not much I can do but wait I guess. My current leasing is a Volvo V40 which is a great car as well. Can't complain about that at all.
I don't think they would compromise build quality that's why they are taking so long.. if they did they wouldn't delay orders as much. Also I'm given to believe that they actually build the car beforehand have it ready but with missing components thus when those parts come they can install them and hand them off for delivery. So our cars are probably waiting in storage somewhere until something arrives so they can add it 😂

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone that was actively tracking their build week tell me how much in advance did the build week get confirmed. For example if the car got confirmed build week 10 did you know a week earlier a month maybe?

GMan22

Ready to race!
Can anyone that was actively tracking their build week tell me how much in advance did the build week get confirmed. For example if the car got confirmed build week 10 did you know a week earlier a month maybe?
My build week is 17 (next week) and I found out at the start of April so about 3 weeks in advance for me

Reactions: wwo

JLewy95

I found out 4 weeks in advance but then the actual build week coincided with the shutdown of the Wolfsburg factory, so I had to endure further delays.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
In ‘normal’ times, it always used to be around a month before the actual build week.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Btw, asked a salesman at the Toyota dealership (yesterday - so, April) what the wait times are for the Corolla, and he just smiled and said 'March'. 😧